Innovative Marine Aquariums

Introducing AquaMaxx NemoLight LED Fixtures

Marine Depot

Marine Depot

TLDR: are you getting the freshwater version of this light in?

I asked this question a few weeks ago and my interpretation after that was exchange was yes, although let me double-check just to confirm for you. Talk to you in a bit...

Marine Depot

I asked this question a few weeks ago and my interpretation after that was exchange was yes, although let me double-check just to confirm for you. Talk to you in a bit...

We will have the AquaFresh Nano (which many users are also using as a refugium light) back in stock in approximately 4 weeks (here's the link). We will have AquaFresh NemoLights in other sizes later this year, but unfortunately we do not have a firm ETA at this time.

squamptonbc

Would this be a good light for a Fluval M40? Nothing complicated, just a few mushroom corals, and softies.

Marine Depot

The 24" NemoLight should work very nicely for the Fluval M40 with mostly softies and some LPS. The fixture is more popular than we anticipated so we are currently sold out. However, we do expect to have more available soon.

squamptonbc

The 24" NemoLight should work very nicely for the Fluval M40 with mostly softies and some LPS. The fixture is more popular than we anticipated so we are currently sold out. However, we do expect to have more available soon.

I am patient...lol..At the price even after the somewhat poor exchange rate currently, still a good deal compared to what I can get locally.

• 1 year later...
Marine Depot
15 hours ago, IlliniMed said:

Hello! Trying to figure out what light settings I should set this puppy at. What would you recommend for the 18W on the nuvo 10? 

Do you have any livestock in the tank now? If so, what type of lighting are you currently running?

1 minute ago, Marine Depot said:

Do you have any livestock in the tank now? If so, what type of lighting are you currently running?

I do not have any livestock right now - tank is doing a quick cycle with livesand/liverock. I only have the nemolight hooked up. I will be adding a pair of snowflakes eventually and then some frogspawn, hammer, duncan, etc. 

Marine Depot
12 minutes ago, IlliniMed said:

I do not have any livestock right now - tank is doing a quick cycle with livesand/liverock. I only have the nemolight hooked up. I will be adding a pair of snowflakes eventually and then some frogspawn, hammer, duncan, etc. 

In that case, you can pretty much choose a setting you find aesthetically pleasing since there aren't corals that will need to transition to the new light fixture. Many NemoLight users with reef tanks crank up the blue channel more, say 100% blue and 70% white. The light defaults to 100% for both channels when powered on for the first time. You'll be able to grow LPS and SPS no problem in that small shallow tank with the NemoLight.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Marine Depot said:

In that case, you can pretty much choose a setting you find aesthetically pleasing since there aren't corals that will need to transition to the new light fixture. Many NemoLight users with reef tanks crank up the blue channel more, say 100% blue and 70% white. The light defaults to 100% for both channels when powered on for the first time. You'll be able to grow LPS and SPS no problem in that small shallow tank with the NemoLight.

Is there a benefit to having more "blues" on or is it more of an aesthetic preference. This is my first dive into LED lights so thank you for the help! Would there be any downside or upside to having the whites at, lets say, 80%? 

burtbollinger
19 minutes ago, IlliniMed said:

Is there a benefit to having more "blues" on or is it more of an aesthetic preference. This is my first dive into LED lights so thank you for the help! Would there be any downside or upside to having the whites at, lets say, 80%? 

whites too high is a great way to fade out corals, IME.

On my Nanobox...running the blues in the 70s...but any whites past @ 25 would begin fading.

15 minutes ago, burtbollinger said:

whites too high is a great way to fade out corals, IME.

On my Nanobox...running the blues in the 70s...but any whites past @ 25 would begin fading.

And are these settings like that on your Nanobox just because of how much more powerful they are compared to the NemoLight? 

Marine Depot
2 hours ago, IlliniMed said:

Most of this is personal preference, as long as the corals are getting sufficient PAR and full spectrum light, they will be happy.  Growth rate and color seems to be more affected by proper water chemistry and stability in combination with proper lighting and flow.  Just find a color you like and stick with it because drastic changes can be a huge source of stress on your corals. 

I generally recommend starting the day with blue/actinic colors for the first two hours, then ramp up the white/warm colors for about 4-6 hours for peak sunlight, then continue the blues/actinics for another couple hours to finish out the day/sunset.  If you have a UV color channel, I never set this more than about 50% and Red/Green color channels never go above about 30%.  

Some folks witness better colors under a heavy blue light and based on anecdotal evidence this is true, but it is hard to be definitive without scientific proof/research.  So many factors come into play in terms of keeping a coral happy and healthy and don't forget each species of coral is different with slightly different preferences.  

I hope this helps and feel free to follow up anytime.

-Robert @ MD

• Like 2
On 3/19/2018 at 1:26 PM, Marine Depot said:

Most of this is personal preference, as long as the corals are getting sufficient PAR and full spectrum light, they will be happy.  Growth rate and color seems to be more affected by proper water chemistry and stability in combination with proper lighting and flow.  Just find a color you like and stick with it because drastic changes can be a huge source of stress on your corals. 

I generally recommend starting the day with blue/actinic colors for the first two hours, then ramp up the white/warm colors for about 4-6 hours for peak sunlight, then continue the blues/actinics for another couple hours to finish out the day/sunset.  If you have a UV color channel, I never set this more than about 50% and Red/Green color channels never go above about 30%.  

Some folks witness better colors under a heavy blue light and based on anecdotal evidence this is true, but it is hard to be definitive without scientific proof/research.  So many factors come into play in terms of keeping a coral happy and healthy and don't forget each species of coral is different with slightly different preferences.  

I hope this helps and feel free to follow up anytime.

-Robert @ MD

Thanks for the Info! Another question... when you set sunrise sunset - what are the settings defaulted to? I understand that moonlight is defaulted to 5% but I can't find any info on where the sunrise/sunset is set to and or how to adjust these settings for those time periods. Any help on this? 

Marine Depot
12 hours ago, IlliniMed said:

Thanks for the Info! Another question... when you set sunrise sunset - what are the settings defaulted to? I understand that moonlight is defaulted to 5% but I can't find any info on where the sunrise/sunset is set to and or how to adjust these settings for those time periods. Any help on this? 

Here is the instruction manual: http://www.f3images.com/IMD/UserManuals/UJ94548.pdf

The Sunrise/Sunset functionality is not very advanced on the NemoLight. The way I have mine set up is 1 hour of blue only in the am; 1 hour of blue only in the pm; 10 hours of blue + daylight; 12 hours of moonlight). I think what you're asking is how to adjust the ramping up or down of sunrise/sunset so you can adjust how gradually the change occurs. Unfortunately you can't do this with the NemoLight that I am aware. I've never timed the change. It happens smoothly. It's not instantaneous... could be a minute. 30 seconds? 10 seconds? I'm not certain.

5 hours ago, Marine Depot said:

Here is the instruction manual: http://www.f3images.com/IMD/UserManuals/UJ94548.pdf

The Sunrise/Sunset functionality is not very advanced on the NemoLight. The way I have mine set up is 1 hour of blue only in the am; 1 hour of blue only in the pm; 10 hours of blue + daylight; 12 hours of moonlight). I think what you're asking is how to adjust the ramping up or down of sunrise/sunset so you can adjust how gradually the change occurs. Unfortunately you can't do this with the NemoLight that I am aware. I've never timed the change. It happens smoothly. It's not instantaneous... could be a minute. 30 seconds? 10 seconds? I'm not certain.

Ok - So correct me if i'm wrong - The sunrise sunset function is "Set" within the system. I understand that you can't "ramp up" the settings per say ... but lets say I wan't my sunrise/set to be at 15% etc etc.... I can't do this. It'll be pre-programed at a certain level and I have no choice in the sunrise/sunset settings if I choose to use  rise/set settings 

Marine Depot
37 minutes ago, IlliniMed said:

Ok - So correct me if i'm wrong - The sunrise sunset function is "Set" within the system. I understand that you can't "ramp up" the settings per say ... but lets say I wan't my sunrise/set to be at 15% etc etc.... I can't do this. It'll be pre-programed at a certain level and I have no choice in the sunrise/sunset settings if I choose to use  rise/set settings 

Yes that is correct, the Sunrise/Sunset feature is pre-set.  Basically the only adjustment you can make is how long it lasts.  It is defaulted to be one hour which means the blue channel will start to ramp up to the maximum set intensity one hour before the white channel comes on and then ramp down to zero over the course of one hour after the white channel turns off. 

-Robert @ MD

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, Marine Depot said:

Yes that is correct, the Sunrise/Sunset feature is pre-set.  Basically the only adjustment you can make is how long it lasts.  It is defaulted to be one hour which means the blue channel will start to ramp up to the maximum set intensity one hour before the white channel comes on and then ramp down to zero over the course of one hour after the white channel turns off. 

-Robert @ MD

Awesome. Thank you for the info! Another quick question - is moonlight set to 12 hours or lets say I turn down my day timer to 8 hours... will monlight also be set to 8 hours? Can't seem to find this info. Also - will the sunrise/sunset setting start an hour before/after I hit the timer at 9AM or will it start at 9AM and then the lights turn on at 10 PM effectively pushing the timer back an hour? 

Marine Depot
On 3/31/2018 at 1:35 PM, IlliniMed said:

Awesome. Thank you for the info! Another quick question - is moonlight set to 12 hours or lets say I turn down my day timer to 8 hours... will monlight also be set to 8 hours? Can't seem to find this info. Also - will the sunrise/sunset setting start an hour before/after I hit the timer at 9AM or will it start at 9AM and then the lights turn on at 10 PM effectively pushing the timer back an hour? 

Moonlight, if set to be on, will remain on throughout the time the scheduled timer is off.  So, if you set the timer to 8 hours, then the moonlights will remain on for 16 hours, completing the 24 hour day cycle.  The sunrise/sunset, if set for an hour, will turn on 1 hour before/after your set schedule, so if the timer is set at 9am, the sunrise will come on at 8am; please note that the sunrise/sunset intensity cannot be programmed and is at a set intensity of 5%.  I hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I have an Aquamax NemoLight 36w over an Aqueon 29 gallon rectangular tank which is 18.75” deep I believe. I have about three inches of substrate and I am interested adding a BTA for my clowns. Would this light be strong enough for my setup?

• Recommended Discussions