SaltCritters.com

What do you guys think?

Rpc07

Here it is finally wet.

26FEB881-60E3-46C3-9DCE-A1097E36621B.jpg

I'm in the process of slowly transferring all live stock and coral from my biocube. I know it looks lonely with just the clowns but I'm only transferring 1-2 fish per week so I don't shock the bio load.

Agree with more rock and it would be too symmetrical for me but listen to your heart & head, you know what you like. Just make sure to give fish enough hiding places, or shrimp or other inverts even, etc.

• 5 weeks later...

So I've decided to add some more rock. The minimul rock was pleasing at first but didn't leave me many places for corals and started to look a little bare to me. Here is the new scape.

B58BD206-61C2-4D1E-A5BD-D8C9DC195E33.jpg

Legendary Corals

I think rather than having a center rock, a large LPS would looks better as a center showpiece. Unless you're planning on filling the center with some encrusting corals.

I think rather than having a center rock, a large LPS would looks better as a center showpiece. Unless you're planning on filling the center with some encrusting corals.

I still have a good amount of space between the top of the center rock to the top of the tank. Thinking of adding a nice sps piece there.

Honestly the harbor scape looks a bit ... boring. It's too balanced from left to right.

I would take out one side of the edge, and move the island towards that side. Then rise the back pile of rock a bit higher in the opposite side. Also given more space, you will be able to add a rock or two to the island to make it look more interesting too.

Polarcollision

I like it! Plenty of room for coral to get light and fish to hide, plus there's lots of open water. One mistake I made with my first scape was not leaving enough room for coral to grow between the rock and glass, plus still be able to scrape the glass clean. Otherwise thumbs up!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How is the tank?

Damn sorry I missed this. The tank is coming along nicely I can see corals starting to encrust the rocks. I'll get some pics later.

I just ordered some rock from reefcleaners for my nuvo 10 and this was what I was going for so hopefully I can do the same! Looks great!

Archived