Cultivated Reef

What do you guys think?

Rpc07

Thanks for the input. I just got done glueing the second option together. I built it in 3 sections. Left, middle, right and made it so they fall into place like Legos can't even see where they line up.

I didn't want it to be one big heavy piece incase I needed to move it to clean or catch a fish down the road.

Number 2 and you can put a big acro on the island!

I wish. Not sure stock bio cube lighting would allow that lol

Now it's time to mix up some salt water and start cycling this rock. Long story short when I set up my biocube I just threw a bunch of live rock in there and haven't been happy with the aquascaped since. So I'm cycling this rock and swapping it out when it's ready.

newbiereeferrob

I wish. Not sure stock bio cube lighting would allow that lol

Now it's time to mix up some salt water and start cycling this rock. Long story short when I set up my biocube I just threw a bunch of live rock in there and haven't been happy with the aquascaped since. So I'm cycling this rock and swapping it out when it's ready.

Ive made that mistake before, stock BC lighting cannot support acro.

• 3 weeks later...

Stock BC lighting was so-so; after DIY LED setup stock BC lighting is junk in hindsight for keeping corals.

The LEDs really helped things thrive and also let me keep plenty of SPS. :)

Just do it.

Stock BC lighting was so-so; after DIY LED setup stock BC lighting is junk in hindsight for keeping corals.

The LEDs really helped things thrive and also let me keep plenty of SPS. :)

Just do it.

I'm in the process of upgrading to a Red Sea reefer 170 so the biocube will be up for sale soon.

I'm in the process of upgrading to a Red Sea reefer 170 so the biocube will be up for sale soon.

Very nice. I've been eying those Red Sea reefers pretty hard lately. Likely going to be my next move.

Good luck!

Very nice. I've been eying those Red Sea reefers pretty hard lately. Likely going to be my next move.

Good luck!

I Like them too! And if my memory serves me right, they include a sump and equipment.

Too bad we just don't have the Space or the cash for 1, even though, for what u get, it is, IMO, very reasonable price.

I Like them too! And if my memory serves me right, they include a sump and equipment.

Too bad we just don't have the Space or the cash for 1, even though, for what u get, it is, IMO, very reasonable price.

It comes with the stand, sump and ato. All other equipment is separate.

It comes with the stand, sump and ato. All other equipment is separate.

From my research; it seems you may want an ATO for the ATO. Or just run a separate ATO since the included ATO runs dry in a few days (from what I've read via research).

From my research; it seems you may want an ATO for the ATO. Or just run a separate ATO since the included ATO runs dry in a few days (from what I've read via research).

Yeah I've read that also. I don't mind filling it every few days. I'm going to give it a chance of it becomes a hassle I'll setup my tunze ato from my biocube.

Yeah I've read that also. I don't mind filling it every few days. I'm going to give it a chance of it becomes a hassle I'll setup my tunze ato from my biocube.

For me I'd need to implement a solution such as the latter you mentioned. I can easily go 3 days without remembering to fill my ATO. Plus I go away sometimes for vacations and definitely gone longer than three days.

Plus, not running their float ATO, you might be able to make better use of the sump space and do some type of refugium setup?

For me I'd need to implement a solution such as the latter you mentioned. I can easily go 3 days without remembering to fill my ATO. Plus I go away sometimes for vacations and definitely gone longer than three days.

Plus, not running their float ATO, you might be able to make better use of the sump space and do some type of refugium setup?

. Anything is possible. I'm going to run the system as planned to start and go from there.

. Anything is possible. I'm going to run the system as planned to start and go from there.

Good luck and enjoy the tank!

Archived