Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Skimmer for Nuvo Fusio 30L - Recommendation

rfalk

How about the new icecap k2-50? It might just fit in the first chamber? other options are the tunze 9001 and the tunze 9004 (if it fits)

• Like 1

How about the new icecap k2-50? It might just fit in the first chamber? other options are the tunze 9001 and the tunze 9004 (if it fits)

Yeah not sure the K2-50 would fit otherwise I think I would get that. Yeah the Tunze I hear only fit in the first chamber but its looking more likely I will end up doing that or the cadlights PLS-50 elite is a possibility.

ReefSafeSolutions

My Dad uses one of the Lee's protein skimmers on his tank and it does a great job...I can't believe how much nasty stuff it pulls out!

• Like 1

My Dad uses one of the Lee's protein skimmers on his tank and it does a great job...I can't believe how much nasty stuff it pulls out!

I am too lazy to switch out the airstone lol....I do think I need a reef safesolutions controller tho.

• Like 1
ReefSafeSolutions

Yeah the airstone does get pretty nasty after a while! I wish the sump area of the IM tanks were just a little bigger so you could have more equipment options. The back of my Nuvo 16 makes it super hard to find anything that fits. Luckily the 30L has a bit more space!

(And we do still have some temp controllers left, feel free to message me)

• Like 1

Aquamaxx ws1 is a great option

Not sure it will fit - says 5.9" long. I am almost leaning towards no skimmer or at least trying the Coral Box S150 Protein Skimmer. Its so cheap if it doesn't work out not a big loss.

• 3 weeks later...
Reef Hollister

You sure the Tunze will fit? from the way I am looking at it, it is a fraction of an inch to big. I'm in the same boat for my 30L and the options seem to be a Ghost or a Cadlight ELS 50.

Elizabeth94

The hang on back should fit. I got this guy on a nuvo 10! The return of the skimmer goes into my second chamber and the input fits nicely in my return chamber. This skimmer is a beast for sure. It was a little loud in the beginning but now it its real quiet and I can sleep with it in my room.

You sure the Tunze will fit? from the way I am looking at it, it is a fraction of an inch to big. I'm in the same boat for my 30L and the options seem to be a Ghost or a Cadlight ELS 50.

20160314_124538_zpspkavhu1q.jpg

Seems like people do not like the ghost skimmer anyone have any recommendations on what to use as a protein skimmer for the Nuvo 30L?

I have the ghost skimmer for my 20 Fusion and you are correct they are not the best. I could never get a good skim from it no matter what I do. I wish I had a recommendation for you, but I ended up going to a bigger tank with a Nyos

Reef Hollister

Anyone have any personal reviews of they hydro slim skim nano?

I've looked at this and it says the minimum water lever is 11.5' which is about an inch too high for the 30L, the way I see it.

Does it only fit in the first chamber? Wanted to run 1 side filter sock the other media basket.

Will fit in the center pump chamber. Would have to use one return nozzle or run two pumps

• Like 1
Reef Hollister

Will fit in the center pump chamber. Would have to use one return nozzle or run two pumps

Thanks, that the kind of info I need. Hadn't thought about running two pumps. I want a good skimmer and would prefer to not have an HOB.

Thanks, that the kind of info I need. Hadn't thought about running two pumps. I want a good skimmer and would prefer to not have an HOB.

Two pumps would also be more of a fail safe.

• Like 1