ReefCleaners.org

JayPagi's 25 Gallon

JayPagi

I used a Jebao 3000 on my last build and loved it. I just got another one for my new build as well.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with the 3000. Following along on your new build too.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with the 3000. Following along on your new build too.

No problem. My only regret was that I sold it and had to buy a new one! Thanks for following. My cabinet is finished and I am just waiting on the sump which should be here today! I should have some updates soon!

• Like 1

Did some tests on my RO system last night, it hadn't been used for a couple of years. I set up a new dual TDS meter and ran some cycles. I'm just under a 3:1 ratio at 70 psi entering the membrane. The TDS is 2 ppm before entering the DI resin and 3 ppm :eek: leaving the DI Resin, so it needs to be changed :lol: . I also did a TDS test on my tap water and it was 186 ppm, so no complaints everything but the DI Resin seems to be working great.

• Like 2

I'm getting tired of empty tank shots but I made some great progress yesterday and tonight. I painted the tanks back wall black, positioned the tank in place and levelled the stand out. I'm 2 clamps short of finishing the plumbing and putting the system through a water test. Hopefully no leaks or very minor ones fingerscrossed.

30236432133_73f3bea11b_z.jpg

Inside the sump. It's really tight.

30570841560_b0e2268221_z.jpg

Overhead view.

30755610662_513c03d563_z.jpg

A shot from my seat on the couch.

30783591621_a1ff4d9d66_z.jpg

• Like 4

So I dragged the hose into the basement last night and filled this sucker up. I had one leak at the pump connection but it's very minor and will be fixed, it's also within the sump so not crucial. Everything else was water tight. I was able to balance the return line and the setup was really quiet. I also did a few pump failure/drain blockage tests and everything went as planned. Tonight I will drain the tank and I can start making SALTWATER!

The Jebao 3000 did okay, I have it running at full steam with no closed valves on the return. It's quiet but I expected more flow to be honest. Should I upgrade to the 4000?

Looks great! If the flow is what you want from the sump return, I wouldn't upgrade to be honest. You don't want a TON of flow through your sump anyway.

30570841560_b0e2268221_z.jpg

The compartment to the right of the return pump, is that you ato reservoir?

• Like 1

Great build Jay! I love the set up. Did you get the tank from AI? How was dealing with Modular Marine?

Thank-you. I did get the tank from AI. This tank was originally out of stock when I went it so it took a couple of months for AI to get it in but they're all really nice to deal with. Modular Marine was great to deal with and the build quality is second to none, really impressed by the overflow box.

Looks great! If the flow is what you want from the sump return, I wouldn't upgrade to be honest. You don't want a TON of flow through your sump anyway.

The compartment to the right of the return pump, is that you ato reservoir?

More contact time right... I lived with it another day and I think it's going to be just fine. Yes the compartment to the right is the ATO reservoir. Not sure about the decision to incorporate it into the sump instead of using a separate container to be honest but time will tell. It's all very neat and tidy though and I like that.

11/14/2016 - Up and running. omgomgomg

30943683626_4aaf4e701f_z.jpg

It's a wire mess right now as I still have a few things to do on the cabinet but I wanted to get the tank cycling right away.

• Like 7

Very nice! Diggin' the overhang.

Thanks. I had a different scape planed which looked much better but it was going to be difficult to fit an abundant of corals on it. There is a fair bit of depth to this scape too which you don't see from the front. I will post more pictures later.

Looks awesome Jay! Whats the stocking plans mate?

Still thinking about that to be honest. I'd like to have a bunch of smaller fish instead of a few bigger ones but I also want something that swims higher in the water column too. I'm thinking a selection of small gobies, pajama cardinals (or damsels), a six line would be sweet and I don't think my daughter could go without a clown fish. I haven't decided on a coral concept yet.

Not yet. Going to start one next week I think

Awesome, I look forward to it.

• Like 1

Still thinking about that to be honest. I'd like to have a bunch of smaller fish instead of a few bigger ones but I also want something that swims higher in the water column too. I'm thinking a selection of small gobies, pajama cardinals (or damsels), a six line would be sweet and I don't think my daughter could go without a clown fish. I haven't decided on a coral concept yet.

Exactly what I was thinking with the same DIMS.

• Like 1

Amazing detail in the sump area! That overflow box looks slick as well!

Thanks. I'm really happy with that Modular Marine box. It's really quiet too.

• Like 1