SaltCritters.com

Is this too much rock?

rumpypumpy

Hey fellows, I am new here. Ive spend a great deal of time today aquascaping my Tank. It is a Red Sea Reefer Nano, 21 gallon tank. Question, is it too much rock? Thanks in advance.

post-90974-0-40662500-1458447446_thumb.jpeg

Ultimately, the decision is how you feel about it.

If you like it, stay with it, if you don't remove some. All in all, unless you got it glued together, its always adjustable. My rockscape is pretty permanent. I like what you got. Question is, do you?

<3

It is my first ever setup. But I have my bro in laws to help me though in this experience. Those bastards actually got me into it after deflecting them for many years. I finally caved in and there is no turning back.

I honestly dont have an opinion. I mean, you are right, I can always adjust or remove since they are not glued together.

When I started I used a lot of rock, had a whole wall of it across the back. One thing to consider if the ability for water to flow in and around. this time, I have three bits placed neatly, with more thought than before.

the pic below is how my rocks are currently placed (not a recent shot but bare enough to show how.

IMG_20151106_234234.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Citculation and accumulation are key words to consider when it comes to scaping! Will it allow proper flow? Will it accumulate detritus and other organics! Welcome btw!

thanks for that picture. so your back wall there does not have rocks touching it?

theoretically no, there is a rock leaning because I am transferring the GSP on it to the back wall. Otherwise, no, it won't be touching as soon as I get a good growth going. I might even remove that rock and transfer it to my frag tank.

thank u as well optimo. i currently have it away from the wall. there is piede touching it but the rest are ar least .5 inches away. im sure the flow will be good with some spacing.

Koralia 240 works well for me. I had some problems with mine, apparently it was missing hte shaft, but the company sent me a new powerhead out, and when I said I realised it was just the shaft, they also sent that out - so now I have two and they did good by me. But if you get one and you don't use both sides of hte suction cup, remove the magnet from the inside one or else it will rattle some.

Hey fellows, I am new here. Ive spend a great deal of time today aquascaping my Tank. It is a Red Sea Reefer Nano, 21 gallon tank. Question, is it too much rock? Thanks in advance.

Looks perfectly good to me.

Archived