ReefCleaners.org

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

Bettas!  Oh my goodness, I adore bettas!  I just adopted a baby boy betta a couple of weeks ago, and have a girl and my husband has a male as well.  They're such wonderful, personable fish!  Bettas are the best!  And their tanks look so nice, too!

I don't know if you knew, but Photobucket recently changed and no longer allows third-party hosting (like posting your pics on forums) without charging $399/year for the privilege.  A lot of people are moving to services like Flickr and Imgur (sp?) since Photobucket decided to be lame. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Bettas!  Oh my goodness, I adore bettas!  I just adopted a baby boy betta a couple of weeks ago, and have a girl and my husband has a male as well.  They're such wonderful, personable fish!  Bettas are the best!  And their tanks look so nice, too!

I don't know if you knew, but Photobucket recently changed and no longer allows third-party hosting (like posting your pics on forums) without charging $399/year for the privilege.  A lot of people are moving to services like Flickr and Imgur (sp?) since Photobucket decided to be lame. :rolleyes:

Thank You, yeah, I had no idea Photobucket did that so I'll have to go learn somewhere else.  That's crazy.  Way to ruin it for many people.  

Oh, and I am still taking of my 40g tank of course.  Pictures soon.  I did though however lose the 4-5 babies that were in the nursery.  The radial filefish took care of them.  : (

2 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

Thank You, yeah, I had no idea Photobucket did that so I'll have to go learn somewhere else.  That's crazy.  Way to ruin it for many people.  

Oh, and I am still taking of my 40g tank of course.  Pictures soon.  I did though however lose the 4-5 babies that were in the nursery.  The radial filefish took care of them.  : (

:(  hopefully some babies in the big tank will survive!  And yeah, Photobucket did it with 0 warning so it ticked a lot of people off.  If you look at a thread and it's got an ugly gray image saying something about upgrading the Photobucket account, well...that's what they've done to people all over the web.  I expect they will probably shut down in the next couple of years because of it lol.

• Like 2

Yes, the babies in the 40g are doing well. One is just largely over a dime in size, another will soon get there.   I need to take a pic of some of the babies, even if they are the same babies.  Also have to feed tomorrow.  They always enjoy that!

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

It really was without warning! I was able to cache and save quite a few, but not all Photobucket images on the forum. Many of them in this thread were saved! I'm working towards a solution to hopefully restore more, but moving forward, Flickr is the best option. :) 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

It really was without warning! I was able to cache and save quite a few, but not all Photobucket images on the forum. Many of them in this thread were saved! I'm working towards a solution to hopefully restore more, but moving forward, Flickr is the best option. :) 

Thank You Mark for trying to help as much as you can.  I'm sure they caught everyone off guard.  How do they possibly think this is the way to go??  So many types of forums everywhere in the world.  Yes, I was wondering why it didn't just shoot up the picture like the link usually does when I put those up.  Thank God for YouTube so videos are still alive.

• Like 2
On 8/13/2017 at 0:03 AM, FlowerMama said:

What do you have going on for planted?  Lemme see!!!  I did have some plant die off but getting new leaves.  I have a new plant of wisteria completely just blacken and wither up and cabomba doesn't like my lights really.  More to learn!  

My 90g is a planted tank, I've had it running on autopilot for about 15 years now. Every six weeks I do a water change and clean out the cannister filter. I trim the plants back about every three weeks or when I notice things are getting too shady. 

I haven't taken a picture in forever but this one is from two or three years ago. 

90g Freshwater Tank

• Like 8
  • Wow 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 10:29 AM, teenyreef said:

My 90g is a planted tank, I've had it running on autopilot for about 15 years now. Every six weeks I do a water change and clean out the cannister filter. I trim the plants back about every three weeks or when I notice things are getting too shady. 

I haven't taken a picture in forever but this one is from two or three years ago. 

90g Freshwater Tank

It's really pretty.   Looks so perfect really.  So much I still need to learn about plants.

Though I've really been more out of it otherwise.  Just going through mid-life depression I guess.  46 yrs old.

Trying to sell make-up, trying to exercise and wanting to go ketogenic as I noticed paleo was hard for me to keep up as I'd give in on cheese.  I'd much rather have cheeses and not have carbs.  So this week I've been reading up and changing up some things in my diet. 

I haven't done anything with my tank, except top off and clean the glass.  I need to water change.  I'll put up a picture this weekend though. I still haven't done anything with Gertie's tank and my radial filefish died today in the Nursery.  I need to clean that as well.  The babies just melted away after the filefish bothered them.  I'm done separating flowers, they'll just remain in the 40g untouched.  Probably best anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi flowermama:)

Just want you to know that you are a great inspiration! Because of you there was a girl in Norway (me;)) who started up a tank for rfa's!:D Keep up the good work:D i'm sorry that your filefish caused your rfa babies to melt and then go off and die.. It's not fun when that happens:unsure:

• Like 4

More likely the aiptasia-eating filefish simply regarded them as a gourmet option and did what it does (ate them). ;)

Same reason I avoid keeping peppermint shrimp in my RFA tank.

Flowermomma tends to have that inspiring (or is it inciting?) effect on people.  I can name at least 6 tanks that have breeding populations in them today because of her contributions to his and her own build thread.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11.9.2017 at 7:55 PM, BulkRate said:

More likely the aiptasia-eating filefish simply regarded them as a gourmet option and did what it does (ate them). ;)

Same reason I avoid keeping peppermint shrimp in my RFA tank.

Flowermomma tends to have that inspiring (or is it inciting?) effect on people.  I can name at least 6 tanks that have breeding populations in them today because of her contributions to his and her own build thread.

You're probably right about it seeing them as a gourmet meal, but it's still very unfortunate..:unsure: could you please name them? I would like to read their threads too if they have one :D I have read reefhounds thread where he's set up a breeding tank for them:D 

Well... ah... here, for starters (I'm too lazy to do much more than slap pics into FM's threads) and over in the "official" Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation thread.

Local fish store owner's gotten hooked and is attempting to make one of her next tanks a 3' breeder after I showed her NR's topics on the subject.

As of other NR member's tanks?  Seafurn's got the start of one.  HarryPotter and getmealemon both have tanks crankin' out de bebeh nems and a spectacular variety.  TimberC up in Canada I think got started before waay before FlowerMomma and puts just about everyone to shame. ;)

OK.. so not quite 6 instigated as I claimed.  But so veeeeery close!

Counting you is 6

5 hours ago, BulkRate said:

Seafurn's got the start of one.  HarryPotter and getmealemon both have tanks crankin' out de bebeh nems and a spectacular variety.  TimberC up in Canada I think got started before waay before FlowerMomma and puts just about everyone to shame. ;)

On 22.9.2017 at 9:03 PM, BulkRate said:

Well... ah... here, for starters (I'm too lazy to do much more than slap pics into FM's threads) and over in the "official" Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation thread.

Local fish store owner's gotten hooked and is attempting to make one of her next tanks a 3' breeder after I showed her NR's topics on the subject.

As of other NR member's tanks?  Seafurn's got the start of one.  HarryPotter and getmealemon both have tanks crankin' out de bebeh nems and a spectacular variety.  TimberC up in Canada I think got started before waay before FlowerMomma and puts just about everyone to shame. ;)

OK.. so not quite 6 instigated as I claimed.  But so veeeeery close!

Wow, so she's getting famous!:D ;) I want to read their threads, I read anything I can find about these anemones, and others experience is worth a lot!:lol: How many rock flowers do you have?:)

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I think she left some time ago. Hope she returns one day. She was nice and her tanks were awesome. 

I see her name in the list sometimes so I think she may pop in now and then...... but no posts.  

• Sad 1
28 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I see her name in the list sometimes so I think she may pop in now and then...... but no posts.  

I hope she posts again someday. Her mantis tanks and RFA tanks were gorgeous. Hope she's doing ok in RL. 

• Like 3