Cultivated Reef

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

FlowerMama
Just now, StinkyBunny said:

I see your Longnose Hawk is a photo bomber too, lol.

That's his thing.  He loves that toadstool.  He's such a wonderful fish, doesn't harm anyone.  I prefer him photo bombing than the clowns.

2 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Tank is looking super awesome! So many rfas! Love it. ❤️❤️

Thank You.  They're really pretty good at not moving too much for me.  I need to really get down to doing some water changes though.  I'm quite behind and I know everything would be more fluffed if I did.

• Like 2
Sharbuckle
5 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

That's his thing.  He loves that toadstool.  He's such a wonderful fish, doesn't harm anyone.  I prefer him photo bombing than the clowns.

Thank You.  They're really pretty good at not moving too much for me.  I need to really get down to doing some water changes though.  I'm quite behind and I know everything would be more fluffed if I did.

Im the king of skipping water change day. I hear ya

• Like 2
FlowerMama
37 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Love those ultra RFAs with yellow and red centers.  So many babies!  

It's weird.  Some babies grow faster than others born before them.  Others seem to never grow.  In general, it's crazy how slow they are to grow but past a quarter they grow so quickly.  I told myself if I ever grew one to a dime size I'd consider myself having succeeded.  That red w/ purple surely looks like it'll get there.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
FlowerMama

More pictures!!!

20170517_181705_zpsizda527u.jpg

The biggest one in this tank.

20170517_181615_zpschehti05.jpg

You can see it to the left of Lil' Bit, the clam.

20170517_180703_zpsuaqjsqv5.jpg

I love the purple ticking on the edges.

20170517_181458_zps0gjtlvcm.jpg

Love the top down of the leather.

20170517_180752_zpse5wbsmv9.jpg

They're finally doing it after sitting there a good while, like since the beginning.

Hehe.  I love this one !!!

• Like 9
FlowerMama
Just now, vlangel said:

They look great Annette.  I had not seen the RFA tank for awhile.

I hadn't been on in a while. But I have to admit, I'm getting better.

I forgot the Devil's Hand, it's doing well too.  It's getting a pretty shape.

20170517_180135_zps7qqpmjyg.jpg

• Like 5
FlowerMama
On 5/17/2017 at 11:24 PM, SeaFurn said:

Love all the color!

Those are great pictures!

Thanks.  It was a good tank maintenance day today.  A little summary across the 3 tanks I have.

I did a 5 g water change on the nursery, did a 10g change on this one.  I took 2 branching gsp and put them in the nursery, including the duncans I have- those I will send to my sister along with some grandis palys.   I just put some chemi-pure blue in the nursery and it's looking crystal clear.  Hoping the water change and that addition will make the red cyano go away.  I also took my gsp covered rock out of the previous Gertie tank and put it in the nursery.  Lastly, I took the large toadstool out of Gertie's tank and put it in this one, temporary housing while I clean up the 20g.  I'm trying to clean it up so I can get a new mantis some time.   I want to keep the curlique anemone in Gertie's tank but it's on a huge rock.  Thinking I want to cut away some of that rock.   The substrate needs to be dumped and I want to get rid of the rocks too and get some new rock from KPAquatics and maybe by chance getting a mantis again.  If I don't get one I'll order a peacock.  I'm ready for a larger mantis.   I don't know where to put the 6 line in the meantime because I don't have a cover for the nursery.  I don't plan on fish in there and in the 40g at feeding time he'd pull the food out from the rock flower anemones and babies.  He'd do the same in the nursery.

I also don't want to tear up the 40g trying to catch that wrasse. 

• Like 3

I do love your branching GSP.  That's the other coral I was thinking about for my contest tank.  I just haven't seen any available around me.

Lots of changes!  I know a lot of us would love it if you got another mantis! 

And those 6 lines - I've heard they are boogers but they are neat!

More baby nem pics when you get a chance!

FlowerMama

So the toadstool was bent in half yesterday, so when he opened up he was facing the wrong way.  Turned rock around, now looks great!

The blank spot to the left of the toadstool is where I want the yellow fiji leather.

I just turned off the pumps while the food is thawing for the nems and baby nems.

20170522_191347_zps54qzaphh.jpg

20170522_191412_zpsgmbv4frh.jpg

20170522_191326_zps66hulokw.jpg

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

So the toadstool was bent in half yesterday, so when he opened up he was facing the wrong way.  Turned rock around, now looks great!

The blank spot to the left of the toadstool is where I want the yellow fiji leather.

I just turned off the pumps while the food is thawing for the nems and baby nems.

20170522_191347_zps54qzaphh.jpg

20170522_191412_zpsgmbv4frh.jpg

20170522_191326_zps66hulokw.jpg

Looking really gorgeous, wanna get some of that branching GSP from you sometime. 

What's the coral on the front left?

FlowerMama
8 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Looking really gorgeous, wanna get some of that branching GSP from you sometime. 

What's the coral on the front left?

It's a leather coral.  I'll have to meet up with ya.  Aside from the branching gsp  I also have some grandis paly.  

• Like 1
FlowerMama
11 hours ago, DaveFason said:

The tank is really looking great and coming together. 

Great job! Any more spawning?

No, just one baby here or there.  But the largest spawning was that Thanksgiving.  I'm keeping a close eye.  

• Like 3
FlowerMama
39 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Loved the video!!  

Thanks.   Came out mighty colorful.  Just can't get bad colors with Dave's Nano Box lights.  It's impossible. 

• 2 weeks later...
FlowerMama

On my way back from Folly Beach I came back through the Charlotte way and stopped at Nemo's Reef in Matthews.  I got a few things.  The whitest thing in my tank first.

It's orange and green in the middle.  I just didn't have one rock flower that had some nice white at all.

20170602_201809_zpslydxavtu.jpg

A Tangeroa Goby.  I like how see thru he is.

20170602_202312_zpsnczvvzga.jpg

A very pretty cabbage leather.  I didn't realize how stiff these were.  They always just look soft and flowy.  Nope!

20170602_203026_zps1nhznzbq.jpg

And....a radial filefish.  I have 3 small aptasia for him and he also eats mysis.  He's so cute the way he floats around.  

20170602_202909_zpsoudqrtqd.jpg

• Like 8
FlowerMama

He upgraded, you can see his little pipe organ tuft below.  I'm glad he did, I want the pipe organ to grow down the sides.  He still goes to it occasionally but not as much.

However, as gentle as he is I saw him today go after the Tangaroa goby.  He's never shown any aggression to anybody.  So perhaps it's a similar "shape" that's annoying him?  

20170603_174351_zps3m57hu9m.jpg

• Like 8