SaltCritters.com

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

The tank looks fantastic, Annette! :wub:

Thank You. I just found the grey nem in the back of the tank that I keep basting to get it up but it's stuck to a rock beneath it I didn't see so that's a no go to get him out of the tank. So, I have 3 and that's it in the Nursery. They're feeding right now. In the big tank the clowns rip the food out from the babies, another reason why it's so hard as you keep feeding them and sometimes they aren't able to get fed.

• Like 1

I have the same problem target feeding acans and favia in my tank, the clowns and the angel come and steal it away from them. I end up just putting a ton of food all over them and they get enough. But it's a lot harder with tiny babies.

• Like 1

I have the same problem target feeding acans and favia in my tank, the clowns and the angel come and steal it away from them. I end up just putting a ton of food all over them and they get enough. But it's a lot harder with tiny babies.

I can't express how fXcking annoying that is to me, trying so hard to grow them! :angry: If the mamas would just birth right now....I'm waiting in the NICU damn it!!! I've got a pest free home for you!!! :wub:

• Like 2

I can't express how fXcking annoying that is to me, trying so hard to grow them! :angry: If the mamas would just birth right now....I'm waiting in the NICU damn it!!! I've got a pest free home for you!!! :wub:

I'm guessing you would not be a very patient maternity nurse :lol:

• Like 1

I'm guessing you would not be a very patient maternity nurse :lol:

I'd be loving & caring, just don't anyone try to steal food from my babies, then you're on my chit list. :furious::wacko::o:scarry:

• Like 2

Lol!!!

This really is a beautiful tank.

Thanks Weetabix. I kept my eyes on tanks I liked and it was the ones that allowed for grow in. I've never had leathers and I can't wait to see them grown.

I wanted to share a pic of the branching gsp when it's dark in the tank.  Still really cool.  I can't believe how fast it grew.

Then, March 2016

20160324_184941_zpsulukxcer.jpg

Now- after I've cut 2 branches twice, like trees it does branch off.

20170211_002156_zpsv0tyftv2.jpg

• Like 4
Just now, teenyreef said:

That branching gsp is super cool. :)

It's not connected to the rock so you can move it.  I've had to rotate it, I have several rfa babies on or nearby the rock below.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to do a little surgery today.  The pink anemone on the rock on the left was stinging the adult rose coral.  My friend Randi and NR friend came over and she has guts, so she cut it around some and bam, popped it off.  So I temporarily moved it to the right.  I left the baby as it hasn't been touched.  If it ends up looking like it might get stung then I will move it to doesn't look difficult to pop that one off.  I may give the big one to my friend since she took it off effortlessly.  I don't have the guts just to go & chop/cut,frag.  Always worried I'll break it.  You can see where it was stung, retracted.   That's just a temporary spot for it right now.  I have something planned for that spot.  Funny, I don't have any leathers glued down in this tank.  I know its because the nems are one day going to be as big as that big mama down right front so I"m leaving them unattached so I can move them back later!

I also moved a leather tree as it and maybe the other leather were having a war and the curly finger gorg may have been in the middle of that chemical war.

20170303_191719_zpsjvdzedbo.jpg

20170303_191710_zpsznkqu6ki.jpg

Moved to the left side of the tank.

20170303_192729_zps4ielxekw.jpg

From this location.

20170303_192716_zpsew6zylcr.jpg

I also cut 2 more 2" pieces of branching gsp to sell locally.  I love the way it grows.  Just branches out more like  a pretty bush/tree when some is cut.  And I swear this macro is just getting bigger and bigger on the right side.

20170303_193929_zpspwl8atxx.jpg

• Like 9

I've never seen Branching GSP like that, that's pretty wild!! 

Where did you get it?

I'm glad you had help with a successful relocation of that one RFA. I remember when I first started cutting into stuff to frag it I was crazy intimidated, but once I just gritted my teeth and dug in and did it, it worked and it was really neat to see the results. 

Also, if you ever need to prune back that Macro, you can offload some on me. 

I'm helpful like that. :lol::happydance:

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Where did you get it?

I'm glad you had help with a successful relocation of that one RFA. I remember when I first started cutting into stuff to frag it I was crazy intimidated, but once I just gritted my teeth and dug in and did it, it worked and it was really neat to see the results. 

The branching gsp is a neat little piece. I have it in 2 tanks and its a nice grower. It will attach to rocks as I shoved a chunk into a hole in some pukani and well moved it and now have gsp coming out from under a monti cap :lol: will see who wins in the future...........

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Where did you get it?

Yeah, I can give ya some of the red macro when we meet up late spring or something.

I found it online, eBay, place in CA I believe but it started to be a 3" small piece and in 8 mos has grown so much.  It's not glued down which is cool though I like the spot it's in but there's a tiny yellow rfa there I just found I still had, I thought it was covered up & melted but still there so tomorrow I'll throw some food its way.

20170211_002156_zpsv0tyftv2.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Where did you get it?

Well, you have so much colorful macro.  I'd like to try some in Gertie's tank.  I've had red and had some green caulerpa before but maybe you can help me too if you still have those in your signature.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, FlowerMama said:

Well, you have so much colorful macro.  I'd like to try some in Gertie's tank.  I've had red and had some green caulerpa before but maybe you can help me too if you still have those in your signature.

I actually don't have any Macro at all right now, lol. 

Those pics in my Sig are from when the tank was set up in it's previous incarnation. 

I'm working on getting more again, and when I do I'm sure we can work out some kinda trade or something, esp since we live so close now. 

Yeah, we'll def do that.  

12 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Tank is looking good.  So many colorful RFAs!

Thanks.  I really love a mix of color.  I just fed all the rfas & babies in both tanks.   I found another baby closed up by the glass up front so I put it in the Nursery.  It hasn't opened yet for me to know what color.

• Like 1

Doing a 10g water change on this tank, especially since I had some leathers fight and then had the rock flower make the rose coral shrink a little & recede.  Hoping it'll help with some females births.

16 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

Doing a 10g water change on this tank, especially since I had some leathers fight and then had the rock flower make the rose coral shrink a little & recede.  Hoping it'll help with some females births.

That would be great if it did!!

I read an article on VIP Reef that said they tend to spawn during the March and September equinoxes (got one coming up around 3/20) and the June and December solstices. 

Here's the article: http://www.reefhobbyistmagazine.com/magazine-tiled-q2-2015-26.html

• Like 1

My males were spawning like twice a month so I've seen it with all stages of the moon cycle.   I certainly am hoping for 3/20 here, hoping the females give birth.  If they're holding them longer and they're larger, I'm fine with that too!!

• Like 2