Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

I hear ya! Hell of a week between work, a speeding ticket yesterday (while passing some idiot doing 15 under along with three other cars, of course they picked off the red Corvette), and coming home to my new fish having enjoyed a little too much carpet surfing. :-( Can't wait for Friday!

Just wok up from nap about 20 mins ago, let my dog out for the night, and I'm going back to bed!!!! I firmly believe in a middle of the week nap after work one day a week.

• Like 3

Noted! No granulomas! No peroxide. Are you a doctor or PA or something?

Also I put up a sticky hook to the top of the stand. I have to wait an hour but then I gotta see if my light will hold or if I need to wrap some picture wire around it to make it stay.

Did I already mention no Ammonia?

Time to take a nap and envision baby rock flowers dancing in my head in their new tank. Work has been draining this week.

Nope, just a low ass RN.

• Like 1

Well, you're extremely knowledgeable or you wouldn't be doing that!

Oh, tomorrow is a full moon, a full eclipse and a comet in the sky so celestially quite a bit going on. Thawing out some food so I can feed the parents tonight!!! Hoping for a female spawn tomorrow. There've been two spawning events in Dec so I should see some babies here. The NICU is waiting, well, it's in ammonia now.

• Like 3

Holy COW FlowerM !

I wasn't grossed out. In fact I was more intrigued and curious. Anything in the Medical Field, especially the Human

Body, well, fascinates me.

Glad to hear that U are on the mend! And please, please listen to the Docs...especially about weight restrictions...U certainly

don't want to have "issues". :blink::wacko:

:wub::grouphug::flower::flower:

Holy COW FlowerM !

I wasn't grossed out. In fact I was more intrigued and curious. Anything in the Medical Field, especially the Human

Body, well, fascinates me.

Glad to hear that U are on the mend! And please, please listen to the Docs...especially about weight restrictions...U certainly

don't want to have "issues". :blink::wacko:

:wub::grouphug::flower::flower:

Yes, I've been following discharge orders and see the surgeon on Tues, then my regular dr on Thurs. I'm being good.

When I saw the picture, it fascinated me too though, generates more questions for me when I see him. What is odd though is I've talked to maybe 5 women at work who had their gall bladders removed, none are taking any kind of supplementation.

I'm a believer that if you take something out that had a purpose, you have to still make up for it missing. I've heard of Ox Bile Salt supplements and taking vitamin D, something about your body not being able to digest it as much as before, and a liver supplement to help cleanse it to avoid fatty liver. And I think, why isn't anyone trying to boost their digestive system?

They also say limit or avoid completely grains and dairy, well I already do some of that on the paleo diet. So I am going to ask him on Tues about some of these things. I've heard too that without the gall bladder then your large intestine holds onto some more bile. I just need to, want to hear more. I have to say though, it didn't gross me out at all but the color of bile is less than intriguing.

• Like 3

Make sure you run ANY dietary supplements by your doc before use.

Oh yeah, though I'm pretty sure I can take Vitamin D and be fine with that. But the rest, yeah, I'm gonna ask.

• Like 1

be careful with fats and oils too.

Right. From doing paleo I only use 95% of the time coconut oil and otherwise olive oil, I don't eat deep fried foods, I do eat paleo bacon which is considered a good fat. And I also eat avocado or those little 2 oz mini guacamole packs every day to bring up the good cholesterol. So, yeah, a paleo diet really helps support lack of gall bladder, papers from the hospital say to stay away from grains and dairy. It's just difficult to stay on it 100%, I can do it like 70%.

• Like 4

I really enjoy drinking vinegar's. I recently took a test for my gut health and use a couple variations or herbal liquid supplements. I really want to make it your way!

• Like 1

I really enjoy drinking vinegar's. I recently took a test for my gut health and use a couple variations or herbal liquid supplements. I really want to make it your way!

I like pickles and some fermented things like sauerkraut but I'm not much on the alkaline side. Like I barely ever crave anything on that spectrum. But I'm open to hearing about more things if they kelp keep the status quo.

Yeah I'd like to know about some supplements cause drinking is too strong for me.

Did someone say drinking vinegars?? I love em :wub:

Btw I'm a member of the no-gallbladder club. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

You guys are gonna have to let me know more. Now my mom puts apple cider vinegar in her glass of tea. Hear me hurl at the thought??? but it's helping her lose a little weight.

So maybe there's something that tastes good that you could let me know about.

• Like 1
natalia_la_loca

Drinking vinegars are also called shrubs. I first tried one at a fancy distillery where they were using drinking vinegars in cocktails. The ones I've had are sweeter than regular vinegar and are infused with different fruits.

I like to mix them with sparkling water to make a fancy version of soda pop. I don't know if they're healthy, but they taste good!

• Like 3

Kombucha's come in lots of flavor combos. Seriously, you get use to the taste after a short time. Like beer and wine and such. Honestly, who really liked it at first?

I got some of that stuff from some hippy from Seattle :lol: who was selling it at a green festival in Portland......I heard green and thought it was a pot convention :lol: well my kid tried it and said it tasted bad :wacko: so I never tried the stuff. I ended up tossing it in the trash.........

I will stick to my crappy beer ;)

I like pickles and some fermented things like sauerkraut but I'm not much on the alkaline side. Like I barely ever crave anything on that spectrum. But I'm open to hearing about more things if they kelp keep the status quo.

Yeah I'd like to know about some supplements cause drinking is too strong for me.

You guys are gonna have to let me know more. Now my mom puts apple cider vinegar in her glass of tea. Hear me hurl at the thought??? but it's helping her lose a little weight.

So maybe there's something that tastes good that you could let me know about.

Pickles are awesome ;) I can 30 to 50 quarts a year.........just opened one tonight for burgers Garlic and Jalapenos..........

Joey has a sad and Larry, lol.

IHimk6J.jpg

Oh that Larry doll :lol:

• Like 2

So most of the time my nems don't move, but of course when it does, I'm assuming it's a female as I've had that happen in the past, try to get a new comfortable spot before you birth. But this pink one that was in the front to the right of those two green ones moved to the left and in a dark space where the oyster is on the bottom so I hope it doesn't get squished. It needs to come into the light again.

It's stuck on the left and behind.

20170213_202938_zpsbitc1ual.jpg

Here's a slightly better pic of the 3 fish among the flowers & leathers.

20170213_203017_zpsqc3s4zw0.jpg

• Like 8

Wow your tank is amazing

Thank You! This group definitely helped me out after I electrocuted everything and I couldn't have been more thankful. I only have a few more things I want to finish off the tank with. A yellow fiji leather and a blue/purple bubble coral. Otherwise all I have room for are for the parent anemones to grow huge!!! Which probably means moving some leathers to the back. This 40g tank has brought me more pleasure than any I've kept so far. I moved 3-4 babies to The Nursery and I just want to see the process, see how long I have to keep feeding so they grow, maybe have some unique ones. The ocean sure has an easier process but I get so much satisfaction feeding each parent and then each tiny little baby. Well, Gertie has given me so much joy too. I can't forget my Gertie!

• Like 5