ReefCleaners.org

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

No, the lights only have the loop on the light.

20160323_005717_zpsimqhkgga.jpg

I'm gonna have to continue w/ this tomorrow. It's late and I need to sleep.

The kit I have does have woodscrews and the little flappy wings thing that holds it in place.

Those new nems look incredible. I am glad things are starting to look up after that incident

Yes, the incident. Soon I will never speak anymore of the electrocution or incident or accident or issue.

And Dave got back to me of course on my lighting questions and the hooks I bought. Here's the answer. I'm still going to have to find someone in my local club to put it up for me. I don't trust myself to do it right.

Annette-

That part will 100% work. The light itself weighs ~ 4lbs so you will be more than fine.
The grommets I sent have a small hex head on the bottom. Unscrew, place the looped wire from lids in space and then tighten down with hex head. Then run your wire to ceiling in the top. Simple as that!
-Dave
I still think I need a video of this.
  • Like 1

Anything special on the paint or just white only? I know some I see looks like people made clouds or something.....thought maybe some hints of a lighter blue and white might look neat to give it a sky effect. I am just to lazy and always use black :rolleyes:

Love that pink one on the right. I have one that is reversed pink skirt and white stripes on the body.

• Like 1

Just white. It's uneven in some places but since light is not shining on it from behind the wall It'll be alright. I can't remember if this is the same paint. But I bought matte, not glossy but this one didn't say it was specifically for like plastic, etc and I thought that's what I may have bought last time.

SO cute, they're already cuddling. They just love to touch. So do I so we fit in well.

Love that pink one on the right. I have one that is reversed pink skirt and white stripes on the body.

Yeah, yours are lookin' good Spectra!

Send me the rfas to babysit

It felt so good buying livestock.

• Like 1

Yeah, yours are lookin' good Spectra!

It felt so good buying livestock. A thought I'm having. If I don't put fish in here and leave the clowns in my 10, do you guys believe a

Debelious Reef Lobster would be alright? And do they eat snails?

From Liveaquaria.....

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+506+555&pcatid=555

"Caution must be taken when incorporating into a reef aquarium, as it may harm small fish and invertebrates"

Not sure if this includes snails.

Here is another Link regarding the Lobster.....

http://www.fishchannel.com/saltwater-aquariums/keeping-reef-lobsters.aspx

20160323_180912_zpsfbvpph9z.jpg

20160323_182856_zpsnetlhpks.jpg

20160323_211259_zpsb4dejfs5.jpg

:happydance:

Just before I fed them each a piece of giant mysis. Lookin' pretty.

20160323_212459_zpsmfzrhbrw.jpg

omgomgomgomgomgomg:bowdown::wub:

• Like 1

From Liveaquaria.....

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+506+555&pcatid=555

"Caution must be taken when incorporating into a reef aquarium, as it may harm small fish and invertebrates"

Not sure if this includes snails.

Here is another Link regarding the Lobster.....

http://www.fishchannel.com/saltwater-aquariums/keeping-reef-lobsters.aspx

:happydance:

omgomgomgomgomgomg:bowdown:

Yeah, that second article really brought out more negative things. so...NOPE. I was just wanting something different, guess I need to keep thinking about something else then.

Nice! The white backgrounds are really fun :) Btw, you can totally hang that light by yourself! Its not hard! Girl power! :D

FSUP5.jpg

:lol:

I guess I just don't have enough confidence. Or fear still lingering from what happened. I'd have to stand on the cabinet which I'm sure is fine. I think I'd do better with some supervision!!!

But I love your confidence in me!!

• Like 1

I guess I just don't have enough confidence. Or fear still lingering from what happened. I'd have to stand on the cabinet which I'm sure is fine. I think I'd do better with some supervision!!!

You should definitely have confidence! We're reefers! We can handle some basic power tools :) Those hooks are actually really easy to hang. Just read on the package which size drill bit to use. Then you measure and mark with a pencil on the ceiling where you want the hooks. Then you drill the two holes with the proper sized drill bit at the marks you made. Then you fold the butterfly wings and push them through the hole and let them pop into place and then you finish screwing the hook tight. A spotter while you stand on the cabinet is probably a good plan :) Or borrow a ladder!
  • Like 3

No, the lights only have the loop on the light. 20160323_005717_zpsimqhkgga.jpgI'm gonna have to continue w/ this tomorrow. It's late and I need to sleep.The kit I have does have woodscrews and the little flappy wings thing that holds it in place.

That little silver piece goes over the loop and the black screw that it came with holds it to the light. Then on the other end make a loop and pick up 2 of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HYN4QIS/ref=s9_zgift_hm_awbw_b14GQgd_g60_i2/192-1125924-7101220?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-14&pf_rd_r=1XJT27M3A9KWMJZFGVW4&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_p=b4435c79-432f-5ca9-a765-ed1b2b527d15&pf_rd_i=979154011

You can make a loop and crimp these with pliers to hold the loop. Then hang the loop on those hooks you posted :)

Here's how my Maxspect Razor is currently hanging.

25879942362_c938449b75_z.jpgIMG_3079 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

that link I posted will allow you to make these like Felicia posted.

Just my .02c BUT, it is just me. I would get a Stud Finder and drill the pilot hole in and then Place ur Hooks, I don't trust "Butterfly" Clips...I'd hate to see another accident :( I'm sorry, but, I'd like to see u err on the side of caution.

*Studs are usually 16 or 24 inches on center*

Ceilings, at least most homes have, Drywall for ceilings...usually 3/8s inch thick...hence why I do not trust the Butterfly thing.

:wub:fingerscrossed

I really know U can do this, but, please do use the "Carpenter's Rule" or Law? "Measure twice, cut once".

Saves on making mistakes.

U go GIRL! :)

• Like 2

Just my .02c BUT, it is just me. I would get a Stud Finder and drill the pilot hole in and then Place ur Hooks, I don't trust "Butterfly" Clips...I'd hate to see another accident :( I'm sorry, but, I'd like to see u err on the side of caution.

Ceilings, at least most homes have, Drywall for ceilings...usually 3/8s inch thick...hence why I do not trust the Butterfly thing.

Well, the space between the 2 wires is 20", so I'll be missing the studs or get only one and there's no saying it's going to be where I need it. I can't move the tank more to the left because I have to get back there for the skimmer. The good thing is that the light is only 4 lbs. I don't know if I'll have luck w/ 2 studs but since there is a vent, is there usually wood around it? And those hooks are wood screws which is good, just in case.

20160323_233635_zpseivx35km.jpg

U could angle the cables....yes they may be 20 inches, but at the ceiling u can hook them at 16...the cables would be at an angle up...

/...\ <--kinda like that.

Damn, I wish I was there! I know I could help ya!

• Like 1

True, ok, I forgot about that fact, that I could angle. And good news. Lowes has the ferrules!! I know where I'm going immediately after work and I always have to pass Lowes once I get off the highway so it's very convenient.

http://www.lowes.com/Search=5/32-inch+ferrules+cable?storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&N=0&newSearch=true&Ntt=5%2F32-inch+ferrules+cable#!

U could angle the cables....yes they may be 20 inches, but at the ceiling u can hook them at 16...the cables would be at an angle up...

/...\ <--kinda like that.

Damn, I wish I was there! I know I could help ya!

I appreciate all the help that everyone is giving me. I'm not against doing it myself but I need someone supervising or to hold something while I do something else.

Those butterfly hooks are rated to hold like 25 lbs each. They're more than sufficient to hold a 4 lb light with two of them without needing to go into a stud. Drywall anchors like this work really well.
  • Like 2

Those butterfly hooks are rated to hold like 25 lbs each. They're more than sufficient to hold a 4 lb light with two of them without needing to go into a stud. Drywall anchors like this work really well.

I hung a 48'' ati 6 bulb from 2 of them.
  • Like 3