Top Shelf Aquatics

Bloomin' Tank of GeNRosity

FlowerMama

I am not sure yet. It could be Oregon (REALLY FAR!) or Milwaukee which is 6 hours.

Did VIP give you some nems to get you started again? If so, wow!! I will have to shop there more often to support how awesome they are!

I probably missed it, which leathers did you buy?

I have a green nepthea that was one of my very 1st corals many many years ago. Going to hold on to that sucker forever, it has seen the good times and the bad.

Yes, NR reached out to VIP Reef thinking to get me a few, he offered 10 free for me if the club paid s/h. That was the goal of the fundraiser apparently for me, replace 3-4 nems and it turned out I had enough so I got a discounted light. I couldn't thank this group more.

I am not sure yet. It could be Oregon (REALLY FAR!) or Milwaukee which is 6 hours.

Did VIP give you some nems to get you started again? If so, wow!! I will have to shop there more often to support how awesome they are!

I probably missed it, which leathers did you buy?

I have a green nepthea that was one of my very 1st corals many many years ago. Going to hold on to that sucker forever, it has seen the good times and the bad.

Ha! I didn't say yet what I bought. I'll reveal when they're in the tank I think.

• Like 5

That's awesome! Anything to help ya get going again! :wub:

Yeah. I heard it's a good pump and even if it lasts 2 yrs, then I can get another. But for 4 yrs and still not coming up to the price of a more expensive pump, THAT I can deal with.

You know, it hit me so obviously today while I opened the box with my pump and the 3 nems I bought!!!... that the reason why rock flowers struck me so much is because they were seriously the first thing I saw with beauty after Don passed. You never really know sometimes the perspective someone has, and with me that went off with a light bulb today. Not only were they beautiful but somehow they held promise. I'm not being melodramatic, it's really how I feel and that's why the electrocution also hit me so hard. It was much less about the pocket book than what they meant to me. It felt like a familiar friend opening the box today. I feel hopeful.

So, I couldn't not share and I feel like a child when I get those boxes. I could've postponed this until they were in the 40g tank but I can't. They're in my 10g right now, Nameless & Shameless.

The left one is yellow and not green.

20160322_201227_zpsk6rl0bjd.jpg

20160322_190708_zpsdzexkrmr.jpg

20160322_190656_zpsx4ndnmly.jpg

20160322_190651_zpspjhda4hd.jpg

20160322_193154_zpslrju5qbu.jpg

And now I'm running out to the store to buy a pizza.

• Like 9

Looks great! I love those new nems. Beautiful colors :) Glad you're getting more finally! They're such cool anemones.

Thank you. First day they always look smaller, when they relax a couple days they can be as much as 1/4-1/2 all around bigger.

So jealous those outside 2 are beautiful

Thanks. These were the pics from VIP. The outsides are definitely more white but you know what blue lights do and how white turns blue, under blue lights. I always like to save the picture before I buy so I can have it later.

DSC_0346_zpsg2drkaps.jpg

DSC_0366_zpsyexokix5.jpg

DSC_0344_zps8oljjkms.jpg

• Like 2
righttirefire

Thank you. First day they always look smaller, when they relax a couple days they can be as much as 1/4-1/2 all around bigger.

Thanks. These were the pics from VIP. The outsides are definitely more white but you know what blue lights do and how white turns blue, under blue lights. I always like to save the picture before I buy so I can have it later.

DSC_0346_zpsg2drkaps.jpg

DSC_0366_zpsyexokix5.jpg

DSC_0344_zps8oljjkms.jpg

DSC_0346_zpsg2drkaps.jpg

DSC_0366_zpsyexokix5.jpg

DSC_0344_zps8oljjkms.jpg

Just send me the first me and third one... you can keep the middle one.

• Like 2

Just send me the first me and third one... you can keep the middle one.

Ha! So many lovelies. It's hard to pick them. Some you like for the color, some you like for the ridges or ripples or concentric circles of color, or striations or ..You can see how that goes!! And then you're thinking, I hope it's there tomorrow, I hope it's there tomorrow And you're checking way too much. And then your boss asks if you're on break. And you're like..YES!

• Like 3

And it'll be 71 tomorrow so immediately when I came home from work I must spray paint. Luckily I have packing papers from the Quad Nano Box that I can use to protect the rest of the tank.

20160322_231034_zpsewasfp9v.jpg

20160322_231130_zpsdg7yvjjx.jpg

Then between Thurs and Sat I want to use these!!!!

20160321_180328_zpsav79bbri.jpg

Once that's done I can order the rock and fill her up.

• Like 5
HarryPotter

And it'll be 71 tomorrow so immediately when I came home from work I must spray paint. Luckily I have packing papers from the Quad Nano Box that I can use to protect the rest of the tank.

20160322_231034_zpsewasfp9v.jpg

20160322_231130_zpsdg7yvjjx.jpg

Then between Thurs and Sat I want to use these!!!!

20160321_180328_zpsav79bbri.jpg

Once that's done I can order the rock and fill her up.

No don't use those to hang it... Use the proper sexy hanging kit.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lamps-pendant-lamp-steel-wire-line-steel-wire-lamps-steel-wire-hanging-wire-bag-glue-diaosheng/32211180453.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.2.QF5VWs

• Like 1

woah! that middle one was $$$. glad you got those, they are very nice

I know. It turned out prettier than their picture actually. And the outsides are white, not blue but it looks so cool blue.

If you remember my big yellow one I'm trying to recreate that w/ the yellow one. Seems like much becomes orange or red and so I want a bold yellow and hope it can be a dominant color in the tank. I love yellows in reefing, who doesn't? So then now I of course need to find a yellow leather as I told myself this would be how it goes: matching up some colors of flowers w/ macros w/ leathers. Will do my best anyway.

• Like 1

It came with this which looks wonderful, but how does that connect to the ceiling? Don't you still need a hook for the wire?

20160318_000126_zpsf6zpwkby.jpg

20160322_234407_zpsgnkm884f.jpg

HarryPotter

It came with this which looks wonderful, but how does that connect to the ceiling? Don't you still need a hook for the wire?

20160318_000126_zpsf6zpwkby.jpg

20160322_234407_zpsgnkm884f.jpg

Nono. You need the piece to hang the wire WITHOUT a hook, it goes into the mount and locks.

Here is mine- see how the wires enter the mount up top?

7EFA75C7-C855-4877-A174-B2953426A967_zps

So, I need to take this with me to Lowes I guess, I don't know what else to do. This is when I hate not knowing things. I don't know this shit. Men know this shit.

• Like 2
HarryPotter

So, I need to take this with me to Lowes I guess, I don't know what else to do. This is when I hate not knowing things. I don't know this shit. Men know this shit.

Lowes won't have this part:

C167F499-13C8-44EB-8C9E-A608409157F0_zps

0E5BBE7F-9014-4BA7-882A-22F1C81CB93E_zps

You are the man flowermomma

hahaha. Well, I did put together my 10g sump and 20g sump by myself so I can do some things! And I have a Dremel. I love my Dremel. I had to square off my glass for my baffles as the vendor didn't. But, this I do not know anything about.

So, I think I'll have to ask my friend's husband where I get that. He deals with going into people's houses and hooking up stereo systems, cinema, etc for rich people as his job.

0E5BBE7F-9014-4BA7-882A-22F1C81CB93E_zps

That does not look like a ATI hanger that she has Harry. I went out to see if I still had mine but I think I tossed it as I am not going ceiling mount.

FM you might want t contact Dave directly and see what he recommends we do not need another issue ;)

Good luck!

• Like 1

FM you might want t contact Dave directly and see what he recommends we do not need another issue ;)

Good luck!

Good idea.

• Like 1

I doubt that what Harry is talking about will work with the hanging kit you have. You'd have to have a hanging kit that has that specific fitting at the end. My hanging kit for my old DIY fixture and my hanging kit for the Maxspect razor just had loops at the top to go over a hook. You had to use some sort of hook at the top. Annette, I used exactly the same hooks that you have and I think they look great. Especially if your ceiling is a light paint color, the white hooks will blend in pretty well and then its really easy to take down the fixture if needed since you just lift the loops off the hooks.

• Like 1

That's why I thought those hooks, easiness sake and they still expand and lock in place. I didn't need to go techno on it but just that it works.