Top Shelf Aquatics

Separate channel led control?

701Superjet

701Superjet

Hello! I was thinking about buying one of these controllers. I was wondering if you can run a normal sunrise /sunset on a few channels and run another channel separately? For example, during the normal light cycle you wanted channel 6 to come on at 14:00, at 75%, for 10mins. Is this possible?

Thanks!

jedimasterben

Technically, yes, that is an upcoming feature, but you then have to program the entire light cycle manually through code.

Its not that difficult . Just rewire the led to the number of channels you desire if your present light is not divide that way.

Wire up each group of led into their individual channel on the controller.

That is the hardware part.

For the program part just program in the time and intensity of the individual channel you want.

For the more advance controller sunrise and sunset and lunar cycle is build in

You just need to call in at the time you want them top be on

701Superjet

Cool so it sounds like it will work. The hardware is no problem as its all a diy light with multiple drivers and LEDs. I'm wanting to run the normal program but run uv for 10 mins a day mid light cycle. Can you set the exact time for it to turn on or is it just some kind of delay program?

jedimasterben

Its not that difficult . Just rewire the led to the number of channels you desire if your present light is not divide that way.

Wire up each group of led into their individual channel on the controller.

That is the hardware part.

For the program part just program in the time and intensity of the individual channel you want.

For the more advance controller sunrise and sunset and lunar cycle is build in

You just need to call in at the time you want them top be on

wat.

Cool so it sounds like it will work. The hardware is no problem as its all a diy light with multiple drivers and LEDs. I'm wanting to run the normal program but run uv for 10 mins a day mid light cycle. Can you set the exact time for it to turn on or is it just some kind of delay program?

I'm curious what this is for :)
jedimasterben

I don't think 10 minutes a day will have even the tiniest effect on coral. UV LEDs have very little radiometric output, and for only 10 minutes daily will add next to nothing to their DLI. I would simply consider running them your entire photoperiod and then upping their intensity gradually.

That is, after having your lights going for a while so your corals can be fully adjusted to your current setup :)

701Superjet

Im measuring a bunch of different LEDs by time. May not do anything but that's part of the experiment. Does it sound like the bluefish should do what I want it to?

I don't think 10 minutes a day will have even the tiniest effect on coral. UV LEDs have very little radiometric output, and for only 10 minutes daily will add next to nothing to their DLI. I would simply consider running them your entire photoperiod and then upping their intensity gradually.

That is, after having your lights going for a while so your corals can be fully adjusted to your current setup :)

10 minutes I don't think it is of any help. At least 1/2 the photoperiod a day

701Superjet

Depends on the light being used. Should be an interesting experiment. Went ahead and ordered the bluefish. I cant wait to hook it up! Thanks very much I appreciate the info.

Archived