Innovative Marine Aquariums

CSalt's 20" Cube MH life

Csalt

50 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I forget what was the light fixture and bulbs on the 20l? Which tank do you like the look/shape of more?

Aquatic life 4×24. Bulbs are actenic, blue+ coral+ puple+. The actenic replaced a blue+.

Looks wise, it's kind of a toss up. The cube looks cleaner and doesnt have a huge fixture over it. Dont like the rimmed look but with flow its easier to get waves with the 20l. Coral color is better imo with t5. I dunno, just thinking about it. Can always setup two tanks lol.

edit: to be fair everything has been doing good under LED. Willing to bet most of my issues in the past have either been parameter issues or just changing stuff too much. I need to just let things be and do their thing.  

All this came about when I was looking at some sps dominant T5 tanks. Thinking, "dang, I want that."

• Like 2

Don't put gsp on your main rock. I may have to try and break the rock up to get it off and rescape. Flesh is too thin to peel off. Maybe try and sell off some of this xenia and kenya while i'm at it.

20180211_135540.thumb.jpg.d980eb990e610ef093acb41c981d576e.jpgRescaped and I don't like it. 

Impaled a nem with a piece of birdsnest, not too happy about that.

i'll take a pic when the water clears up some.

The gramma is loving all the new hiding places so I guess there's that.

• Like 1

They'll be fine. still kinda pissed but they'll get over it. on the right side of the rock you can see a baby RFA.

V8CvAjj.jpg

The scape is kinda growing on me. Could use a larger powerhead to replace that 425. Maybe another RW-4. 

Have a ton of flatworms. Exploded overnight. Hopefully they're just aceol. 

XDJepqU.jpg

On an unrelated note. They planted pico is doing really good.

yxkTKtv.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Been getting patches cyano lately. Even though I clean the sand every week and still only feed every other day. Didn't really start to happen until I bumped up the GFO a little and cleaned the algae off the back glass a few weeks ago. It's just out competing the rest I guess.

20180220_210100.jpg

Duncans are loving the t5.

Sunny D zoas are still closed. 

Hammer coral isn't as bushy as it used to be but all the heads are splitting. Not sure if it's because of this or a light/ flow issue. Not much flow on the one side of the tank. Have an Icecap gyre 1k coming, should help. 

Wish I had a par meter. Have Coral+ purple+ on for 4 hours, blue+ actenic 7 hours.

Had Caulerpa but was afraid of it going sexual so replaced it with chaeto.  

I'll get around to a FTS eventually. 

Still up and running. 

couple months ago switched to red sea blue bucket. And dosing 1ml of nopox a day. Everything is stable and doing good. sps is encrusting.

The key to success is stability. Took awhile for me to learn this. Changing stuff all the time trying to do what others do has probably hurt my growth in the past. 

Started with 1 nem but have had enough splits that I'm up to 5. 

Have a dilemma. I want to go full sps but that would involve me getting rid of the nems.

u1Sg6UQ.jpg

O3OQJGg.jpg

msp8GQm.jpg

that green pocillapora started out as only 2 polyps. it's a survivor.

msYQzrh.jpg 

Not sure on how many heads there are now but the duncans are from the 3 surviving heads of my last colony.

L1doaP9.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Csalt changed the title to CSalt's 20" Cube MH life