Top Shelf Aquatics

Astinus' Build *A work in Progress*

Astinus

Tank is looking good. I like what you did with the rock, it opened up the aquascape a bit

Totally agree!

This Morn' After lights came on, I used a Turkey Baster and sucked up as much Cyano as I could. I also went back to the lfs to get some premixed salt water, I also picked up some sinking pellets "New Life Spectrum, THERA+A"

http://www.marinedepot.com/New_Life_Spectrum_Thera_A_Formula_Sinking_Pellet_Fish_Food_Small_Sized_Pellet_Fish_Food-New_Life_International-NL1313-FIFDDRPTSWSP-vi.html

It has Garlic in it.

Since moving that big rock out, the RBTA decided to move to a new neighborhood. And it appears to be on the move still. Will see where it is in the morn...Fickle Thing.

BTW, TY Dpolt

• Like 1

No problem, glad you are enjoying the hobby. What do you plan on adding next?

More Reef Cleaners from Reefcleaners.org I sent in a custom request, John was quick to reply.

He recommends these....

10 Dwarf Ceriths

4 Nassarius
4 Florida Ceriths
3 Nerites
But, I asked out LFS to try and get a Pistol Shrimp/Goby pair.
And, will at some time be adding some Hammers from PJanssen....but that will be down the road.
  • Like 1
AdriftQuasar

Off to a great start! I really like the aquascape.

I've always had a great experience with Reefcleaners.org

They'll take good care of you.

• Like 1

Tank is looking good. I like what you did with the rock, it opened up the aquascape a bit

I agree. Looks nice. I'm an open concept kind of reefer so less rock the better in my opinion :)

Some random Shots :)

RBTA and 3 Tube Worms

2aEXnj.jpg

Pearly Jaw Fish

hEJarR.jpg

Pearly Jaw Fish, Bi-color Blenny and Clown.

VGAvLK.jpg

• Like 5

Royal Gramma

pqBTle.jpg

RVOtYE.jpg

Blenny lovin' the GSP

h6Mw1C.jpg

CSgxOG.jpg

Elegance Coral. Might return it.

BI8wVW.jpg

Side shot

AabpiC.jpg

2 of 3 Tube Worms and the RBTA

4OfthD.jpg

Some random Shots

VQzdvu.jpg

JgMVxZ.jpg

yy9ZQ9.jpg

ctAo2P.jpg

lV2HhO.jpg

JakVjR.jpg

Thank you folks for the support :)

• Like 6

Royal Gramma

pqBTle.jpg

RVOtYE.jpg

Blenny lovin' the GSP

h6Mw1C.jpg

CSgxOG.jpg

Elegance Coral. Might return it.

BI8wVW.jpg

Side shot

AabpiC.jpg

2 of 3 Tube Worms and the RBTA

4OfthD.jpg

Some random Shots

VQzdvu.jpg

JgMVxZ.jpg

yy9ZQ9.jpg

ctAo2P.jpg

lV2HhO.jpg

JakVjR.jpg

Thank you folks for the support :)

Everything is looking good. I love the pearly jawfish!
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone! I really enjoy feedback. Both Good and bad.

That's a purty bubble coral ya have there my friend :)
I like the flow if this place,it screams party :lol:
Your coral placement is really nicely done.

TBH, IDK sometimes about placement. I Look at and listen to suggestions. Like Low to middle. But, I am also concerned about 1 stinging another.

That's just adorable!

It is just fun to watch this guy! So active. He has a hidey cave in a rock at the top next to the back wall.

Everything is looking good. I love the pearly jawfish!

lol! Yep! He is a character! Watching him keep his hole clear.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone! I really enjoy feedback. Both Good and bad.

TBH, IDK sometimes about placement. I Look at and listen to suggestions. Like Low to middle. But, I am also concerned about 1 stinging another.

It is just fun to watch this guy! So active. He has a hidey cave in a rock at the top next to the back wall.

lol! Yep! He is a character! Watching him keep his hole clear.

Give it alot of space on the sand bed...if you feed it alot it will get massive.
  • Like 1

Give it alot of space on the sand bed...if you feed it alot it will get massive.

If that's the case, I may place it in the right front on the sand bed. There is nothing else there.

On a side note, According to Liveaquaria's info on the Elegance, it feeds on Brine Shrimp, not just this but I have in frozen blister pack. Gut Loaded.

It's bubbles are also rather delicate so keep it away from rocks if it gets decent motion.

It does get some flow, I Just set my return pumps to alternate every 60 secs.

Do you have a lid? I want to get a jawfish but am worried about jumping.

Yes. I do have a Lid. I am using a Stock JBJ AIO Bio Cube. I see some folks use a "Smiz"? Whatever that is.

U could get a screen or Plastic "Egg Crate".

• Like 1

If that's the case, I may place it in the right front on the sand bed. There is nothing else there.

On a side note, According to Liveaquaria's info on the Elegance, it feeds on Brine Shrimp, not just this but I have in frozen blister pack. Gut Loaded.

Mine filter feeds and gets target fed brine and mysis,they aren't picky lol. Mines big enough to eat anything in my tank no contest. :lol:

It has eaten my cleaner shrimp that died,fed it right to it, and will eat an entire silver side

• Like 1

Mine filter feeds and gets target fed brine and mysis,they aren't picky lol. Mines big enough to eat anything in my tank no contest. :lol:

It has eaten my cleaner shrimp that died,fed it right to it, and will eat an entire silver side

DAMN! lol...Piglet!

• Like 1

DAMN! lol...Piglet!

Haha yea it's name is the King Malboro :lol: everyonce in a great while it will fully inflate and I swear it's just to let everyone in the tank know,"I'm king S here" haha.
  • Like 1

Woke this morn, turned lights on, fed the tank, did my usual look see. To be sure things were good. Corals haven't had their Coffee yet so, are still slowly opening up.

As some of u know, I have been having some hard Green Algae like growth on glass. I Scraped off a good bit but I am debating on getting the Flipper from Marine Depot. (I would like feed back on the product). Anyways, Shar looked at Tank and asked about "What's that Green on the Rock?" It Didn't look like Algae to me. I Looked closer, WE Have CORRALINE!! :) Green and Purplish Red!.

I was waiting for this! :) Pics will be posted soon.

• Like 3