Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquaclear AC70 Magnetic Surface Skimmer V2 - Official Video Inside!

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs™ Magnetic Overflow Surface Skimmer for Aquaclear™ AC70 HOB filter allows surface scum to be removed via surface skimming and also hide the intake of your HOB filter which is usually sore eyes in your beautiful reef tank. Our strong and proprietary Embedded Magnetic System™ are fully sealed waterproof and rust-proof on the inside and as well as outside magnets. Now we can take HOB filtration to the next level, keep your tank clean and your salt critters happy.

The Aquaclear AC70 filter and Oceanbox Designs™ Magnetic Mount Surface Skimmer combo is great way to quickly set up a small pico/nano reef or frag tank. For a frag tank setup, the tank can be easily put together and taken apart at will for frag swap, show, etc. Other viable setup including QT or hospital tanks are also great options to consider.

Product Details: http://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/aquaclear-ac70-surface-skimmer/

Features:

• Remove Surface Scum (Organic Residue/Oil) via Surface Skimming (Overflow).
  • Strong Magnetic Mount, Easily Removable.
  • Hide Filter Intake Tube From View.
  • Adjustable Up and Down to set Overflow Amount.
  • Premium Craftsmanship Featured CNC Laser Cuts Technology.
  • 100% Waterproof Magnets (Wet Side and Outside).

Filters Compatibility:

• Aquaclear AC70

Tank Compatibility:

• Rimmed Or Rimless Tanks
  • Magnets Hold Through Glass Thickness: <=6mm (1/4in)

Tank Setup Options:

• Pico/Nano Reef
  • Frag Tanks
  • Quarantine/Hospital Tanks

Proudly Made in The Great State of Texas, USA.

25056375773_586b371001_c.jpg

25656933816_88c08a12ff_c.jpg

25381995811_4c1fe03c40_c.jpg

25448728086_afcd0673c1_c.jpg

:lol: Got your order, thanks for the support!

Looking forward to trying it out. Are these ready to ship now or will it take some time? Page says to allow 5-7 days to ship.

Oceanbox Designs

Looking forward to trying it out. Are these ready to ship now or will it take some time? Page says to allow 5-7 days to ship.

I build it to order but usually doesn't take longer than 2-3 days to ship out.

Oceanbox Designs

Any future plans to make one for the AC50?

Yes, the AC50 and AC110 model is in the work. I have a working unit for AC50, if you're interested PM me.

These are very nice. It looks like the lower part of the AC70 intake tube (the conical end with the slits) isn't used? Just the upper U shaped tube in the skimmer box? Does this change the flow at all?

Oceanbox Designs

These are very nice. It looks like the lower part of the AC70 intake tube (the conical end with the slits) isn't used? Just the upper U shaped tube in the skimmer box? Does this change the flow at all?

Thank you! The extensions are no longer needed with the surface skimmer working as an overflow box and its weir being the strainer to keep critters out. I've noticed by removing the long extensions, it helps prime faster and increased a bit of flow.

wow.such.chris

I cut mine down just to get it really close to the bottom. I don't have his magnetic one and it's probably a different size as it was a custom order.

Sorry I haven't put a review up yet, my tank's been going through a lot of chnages but is getting close to a point in which I'm willing to show people.

Oceanbox Designs

I cut mine down just to get it really close to the bottom. I don't have his magnetic one and it's probably a different size as it was a custom order.

Sorry I haven't put a review up yet, my tank's been going through a lot of chnages but is getting close to a point in which I'm willing to show people.

Adding an extension and cutting it down to reach the bottom is a great idea, in fact for the AC50 it will be required as part of the installation as the u-tube itself is just too short and adding one full extension will required an unnecessary extra long overflow box.

No problem on the review, my only concern is that it's working for you :)

Oceanbox Designs

Ordering now.

Shipped yours out yesterday and another unit today :). Can't wait to get some feedbacks from everyone who's running these.

Shipped yours out yesterday and another unit today :). Can't wait to get some feedbacks from everyone who's running these.

Woohoo! Just got the tank today too. Can't wait to try it out. I'll be posting updates in my tank thread in my sig and I'll post some first impressions here as well.

Oceanbox Designs

Just bought this! It's going in a freshwater tank, but who knows; maybe I'll use it for saltwater in the future.

Thank you for your business! It will be great for freshwater tanks too, i get tons of surface scum on my 75G cichild tanks, they're known to be a bit messy...lol. It's also great for planted tanks as well.

Woohoo! Just got the tank today too. Can't wait to try it out. I'll be posting updates in my tank thread in my sig and I'll post some first impressions here as well.

Great timing! It's shipped Priority Mail so there is a high possibility it will be there tomorrow, looking forward to it!

Thank you for your business! It will be great for freshwater tanks too, i get tons of surface scum on my 75G cichild tanks, they're known to be a bit messy...lol. It's also great for planted tanks as well.

I'm only slightly concerned about the couple of floater plants, but I'm sure a bit of fishing line will corral them at the other half of the tank. (This may or may not be a 10gal with an AC70)

Oceanbox Designs

UPDATE ON FASTER SHIPPING TIME!

I'm now able to fabricate these at superman speed :lol::DB) so your AC70 surface skimmer order can be shipped within 48 hours (excluded weekends).

Gents and ladies,

I know that evaporation will be an issue for me living out here in West Texas with the dry air. I'd like to add my Tunze Nano Osmolator inside the surface skimmer for the AC70 to keep the water level constant inside the skimmer box.. Not sure if it will fit though...anyone know for sure if it will fit or what the exact dimensions are of this awesome box..giggity! Thanks much.

Oceanbox Designs

Gents and ladies,

I know that evaporation will be an issue for me living out here in West Texas with the dry air. I'd like to add my Tunze Nano Osmolator inside the surface skimmer for the AC70 to keep the water level constant inside the skimmer box.. Not sure if it will fit though...anyone know for sure if it will fit or what the exact dimensions are of this awesome box..giggity! Thanks much.

Tunze Nano float switch will not fit inside this box, a box big enough to house a bulky float switch isn't ideal for a small tank and magnets mounting design. However, you can run the Smart ATO Micro penny size sensor inside the box, push the box all the way to the left, there will be enough room to house this sensor. There is one small and easy modification you'll need to do, that is to extend the U-Tube about 1inch using the extension tube and adjusting the level of the box to allow deeper water level inside the box.

Are you going to be doing an AC110 version?

I'm working on this at the moment. Stay tuned for update.

OrcusVaruna

Hey guys new to the forum but just got this skimmer box and wanted to share some photos. As some background I was looking into a surface skimmer for an AC70 on my new tank and came across this thread last week. All of the other options I found looked terrible but this reminded me of a classic overflow so I decided to give it a shot. I just have to say it really is a nice addition to a sumpless tank. It attaches very securely and within 5 minutes of install the nasty new tank surface film was gone. Its really nice to take a flyer on an item and get quality in return for your money. I hope you all enjoy the photos, I wish they were a bit brighter but my Iphone was struggling with the lighting.IMG_0295_zpstwzlnplb.jpgIMG_0299_zps1yrnsoqc.jpgIMG_0296_zpsiffjsmox.jpg

Archived