Cultivated Reef

Frogfish's 32 Gallon Reef - Back to looking... okay-ish

YaBoyLaj

Congratulations! Sounds like things are going great :)

Haha, its been a busy 2 weeks but it really has been great :D

Congrats on the job, car, and MACNA! :happydance:

Thanks! :flower: vroom vroom

• Like 1

So, bought a fairly large cc starfish for my harlequin shrimp yesterday. He found it and got to work. Sadly though, i came out this morning to find the starfish really poofy on top... his guts were extended and was eating my blue mushroom and sadly already took out 2 of the babies. He didn't go after anything else, which I am really grateful for because my acans are pretty close to that area. The main shroom is discolored and stringy on the edges. His foot is still in tact and has a 100% hold on his frag tile. I have since moved the mushrooms. The attacked one has been moved to a cave with low light & flow and my new red one has been moved to the top rock for a little more light intensity because he was under some AI Hydra 52's at the LFS and so I'll see how he holds up. As for Joker and Satan (The CC Star) they are now in an isolation box. It has a lid on tight and joker is happy and so am I. I never had this issue with any other starfish so I guess this should just be a habit with CC stars... I don't blame the star though, thats what they do in nature and there was food, so i guess it just said "Hey! FREE BUFFET!" but it still sucks :P

Cencalfishguy56

So, bought a fairly large cc starfish for my harlequin shrimp yesterday. He found it and got to work. Sadly though, i came out this morning to find the starfish really poofy on top... his guts were extended and was eating my blue mushroom and sadly already took out 2 of the babies. He didn't go after anything else, which I am really grateful for because my acans are pretty close to that area. The main shroom is discolored and stringy on the edges. His foot is still in tact and has a 100% hold on his frag tile. I have since moved the mushrooms. The attacked one has been moved to a cave with low light & flow and my new red one has been moved to the top rock for a little more light intensity because he was under some AI Hydra 52's at the LFS and so I'll see how he holds up. As for Joker and Satan (The CC Star) they are now in an isolation box. It has a lid on tight and joker is happy and so am I. I never had this issue with any other starfish so I guess this should just be a habit with CC stars... I don't blame the star though, thats what they do in nature and there was food, so i guess it just said "Hey! FREE BUFFET!" but it still sucks :P

lol he said eff being the prey! I'm the predator in this tank!
  • Like 2

lol he said eff being the prey! I'm the predator in this tank!

I hate to say this cuz it sounds so mean... but i love watching my harlequin eat him and what you said is basically spot on :D

Cencalfishguy56

I hate to say this cuz it sounds so mean... but i love watching my harlequin eat him and what you said is basically spot on :D

i think it's honestly unique, I used to like watching my FW predator tank tear apart little minnows so don't feel so messed up about it lmao I enjoyed it too
  • Like 1

Well shit... Joker died :( I don't know how or when, he had no issues, but found him pinned against a wall under the starfish. I'm done with harlequins, I love them and all, but they're too expensive to keep happy, I've spent $127 on starfish in the past 6 months. It was fun, but I will order some anemone shrimp either this weekend or next so, R.I.P Joker... I'll miss you

Oh no! I'm sorry :( rip Joker

Yeah, it sucks, but it was no big deal, i try not to stay focused on the fact that something died, i basically say, he had a happy life in my tank and as long as i know i didn't deliberately kill him, it isn't that hard, but still sad though

But thank you :flower:

Cencalfishguy56

Well shit... Joker died :( I don't know how or when, he had no issues, but found him pinned against a wall under the starfish. I'm done with harlequins, I love them and all, but they're too expensive to keep happy, I've spent $127 on starfish in the past 6 months. It was fun, but I will order some anemone shrimp either this weekend or next so, R.I.P Joker... I'll miss you

dude I told you, that starfish said he wasn't having it, but sad man, they are beautiful creatures but that's also the reason I won't own one because the food demand
  • Like 1

dude I told you, that starfish said he wasn't having it, but sad man, they are beautiful creatures but that's also the reason I won't own one because the food demand

Both a sad and learning experience at the same time :P

And I gotta give you credit, you called it spot on!

So, good news.

Brought the star into my lfs and he is now with like 10 of his demonic bretheren

Red shroom is opening up in the higher light intensity

And THE PURPLE SHROOM WILL LIVE ON! Look at the little guys!

image_zpsybhpetfy.png

Sorry for the bad picture! Getting my Nikon P900 this weekend! Whoop Whoop

• Like 1

I'm glad you took care of the demon starfish :)

Mushrooms are funny. In my 4g tank, I had a purple/blue mushroom (ugly as sin), and a plain red one. The red one dropped babies constantly. The purple one is literally indestructable. I've had it almost as long as I've been reefing, so I can't just get rid of it. But it has never dropped a baby in all the time I've had it.

• Like 1

I don't get the logic of corals, the one with the babies took like 3 months to drop one. Like my Acans for a few months... Nothing then BOOM baby bomb

And, no matter what you put in that 4 gallon, it will always be beautiful #picogoals

• Like 1

Among a custom license plate, tons of aquarium spending money and a few other things... I GOT THE CAMERA AND OTHER CAMERA STUFF! :happydance:

image_zpskoyfxx8i.jpeg

• Like 1

I can't get enough of this camera, it feels so nice to take decent pictures, I've only taken 11 so give me some time to tweak it to make them better but so far, heres what i got!

Jacques

DSCN0001_zpsbsuczchl.jpg

Kenya Tree

DSCN0002_zpsobxzsha1.jpg

In love with this picture of Jelly!

DSCN0005_zpsvuw0skf9.jpg

The Dynamic Duo!

DSCN0008_zpsoxtktlee.jpg

This would be better if he didn't burrow in a corner... but i love that its in focus :P

DSCN0012_zps3jwo5ouq.jpg

My one Stomatella and the Sponge on the base of my trumpets, this one isn't that good, but its cool to see the little stuff

DSCN0013_zpsvbnxi8yn.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be going to sandbar aquatics to get some coral, maybe a small fish and some Red Slime remover... God i hate that stuff :rant:

• Like 3

Congratulations! The pictures turned out great :)

Thanks teeny! It seems as if your the only one who still comments on this thing, but honestly it's nice to have someone who's pretty well known on the site that comments, thanks again! :happydance:

• Like 1

Yeah, he stopped eating for a while, it didn't seem like there was anything wrong with him, I bought some garlic guard to soak the food in and boom he started eating again :) I've been spot feeding him so he'll chubby up again

• Like 1

I GOT SOME NEW STUFF!

Small goby (unknown ID)

Baby oscelaris for my female (need a name change, fizbo isn't very feminine :P ideas?)

Pulse Xenia! For 5 dollars I wasn't gonna pass that up! It will be used as a centerpiece :D

Will take some pics later with my new camera! Yay

I'm now done with fish for this tank, since my Blenny and watchman are kinda secluded, I wanted something else :) now to focus on coral ( I'll be waiting to stock up at MACNA)

• Like 2