Innovative Marine Aquariums

Frogfish's 32 Gallon Reef - Back to looking... okay-ish

YaBoyLaj

Looking good!!!!

Thanks! I saw all my notifications and my faith that my thread hadn't totally died was restored! lol but anyway, yeah, it looks a lot better, adding my sea hare was the best decision I've ever made :D

• Like 1

And I thought he had good PE before! HE'S SO HAPPY! :D

image_zpsojlpqitg.jpeg

As for the hair algae, nesquik is doing a hell of a job! Corals are puffy and have great PE and fish are plump and happy :)

All is well in the FrogFish reef :P

• Like 2

Today was not a good day in the reef :( My sea hare was found dead inside my pistol's burrow... Guess he got curious and Sher Kahn didn't have it. I could not reach the hare so I had to tear down 2/3 rocks and fit them back into place. Did a 10g water change and turned the lights off. Right now my skimmer is shitting itself it's working so hard and my water is still cloudy from all the silt. The last thing is the Saddest, My harlequin shrimp, Joker must've gotten spooked when I took the top rock out and landed on the floor, I didn't see him at the time because I was so concerned with carefully getting the rock with my main corals on it out. After putting the rock in I found him, on the floor so I picked him up and lowered him to his "spot" that's when I noticed his 2 front left legs were gone. I will be dosing iodine and calcium over the next few months to ensure that he molts and grows them back. I feel so bad for him, but he's a trooper. If there is any good in this it is that I found a small patch of bubble algae and successfully removed all four bulbs without popping them and found my long lost and thought to be dead ricordia which has now turned all highlighty and whatnot. I'm leaving for NorCal tonight so I'll have my mom keep me updated while I'm gone.-TPF

image_zpsiz3tmmnq.jpeg

I didn't really want to post a pic of Joker... I probably will later tho :/

Quick lil update.

Fish are OK

Corals are opening and happy (GSP is pissed but it'll be fine tomorrow fingerscrossed )

Joker is chillin in the back

Wow, I hope Joker pulls through! Glad everything is OK.

Thanks teeny! He's fine and is still cruising around the tank :) I'm sure he'll be fine

• Like 1

After a stressful time away from the tank, I came home to find my fish and coral happy as can be!

image_zpsjrsmlsfl.jpeg

New mushroom finally expanding!

image_zps31mlloki.jpg

I will be ordering gel filters soon... These are gross XD

• Like 2

While checking the reef out tonight I noticed something that made me so happy, it kinda scared me :P I found 6 baby acans! All of them are extremely small, but definitely babies! :D I'll post a pic when my camera decides to finish charging :P

• Like 2

SO EXCITED! JUST MADE MY FIRST ONLINE ORDER! It's cerith snails... but I'm still happy as hell :P

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-02%20at%208.21.5

Here is a horrible shot of the acan family!

IMG_2256_zpsh76yy8fd.jpg

• Like 2

This thread is dead

I made a rhyme lol

I need to post more

Got a free Green Bay Packer Hybrid zoa head today! Pics tomorrow :)

• Like 3
Elizabeth94

This thread is dead

I made a rhyme lol

I need to post more

Same here. My thread basically took a dive off a cliff. lol! YES my tank is still running and looks the same as it did three weeks ago haha.

Love the mushroom you picked up- pics will looks great with some gel filters!

• Like 1

This thread is dead

I made a rhyme lol

I need to post more

Got a free Green Bay Packer Hybrid zoa head today! Pics tomorrow :)

:lol:

• Like 1

Starting to see sweepers on the baby Acans!

image_zpsrzzls9hi.jpeg

Coralline on the skimmer head :D

image_zpst4wok8xo.jpeg

The zoa is still getting used to his tank, not opening too much

The ceriths are here and had a busy night! They're scattered throughout the tank and munching away. My new zoa is opening a little more and my fish and corals alike, are happy. I probably will not be adding anything for a while and let the snails do their job. Just my water changes and dosing when needed. And if I do cave... Which I probably will, it'll just be some GSP glued to the back of the tank or some more hermits. In the next month or two, whenever I get money I plan to get a pair of spotted anemone shrimp from KP. At MACNA or RAP I plan to get 2 more mini maxis and some Acans. Which totally contradicts what I said before, but I didn't specify how long before I added anything ;) until July 31st :)

OH YEAH! I almost forgot! I found 2 little stubs on Joker, HIS LEGS ARE COMING BACK! :D yay

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Meh...

Bought a small red shroom with blue freckles for the shroom garden I made

Got a job at one of my lfs's :happydance:

Baby acans have colored up and look amazing :flower:

Missed 297 things on nr

Bought MACNA tickets

Now addicted to Pokemon go

Got a car for my (early) 16th!

Lil update from TPF :D

Om nom! It's like it just disappears into nothing