ReefWeeds

Softies, Gorgs, LPS  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

Quick update. My flame is being an a-hole again...nipping on a couple of my leathers :furious: The problem is I love my fish more than my corals...so he would have to do a ton a damage for me to get rid of him.

Here are some quick shots of the tank after adding the cardinals today.

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

I will be moving some of the gorgs onto the rockwork this weekend.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update. My flame is being an a-hole again...nipping on a couple of my leathers :furious: The problem is I love my fish more than my corals...so he would have to do a ton a damage for me to get rid of him.

Here are some quick shots of the tank after adding the cardinals today.

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

I will be moving some of the gorgs onto the rockwork this weekend.

Looking good! Where's the build thread? ;)

PDR is your tank a Deep Blue tank? That flame needs to see the LFS ;)

And yo, post up some more of your photos :)

PDR is your tank a Deep Blue tank? That flame needs to see the LFS ;)

No its a reefer 350. I'm going to give my method a fair shot (stock full of softies/hope the picking it distributed enough to not cause any major damage), but if that fails, then it may be the only alternative :(

No its a reefer 350. I'm going to give my method a fair shot (stock full of softies/hope the picking it distributed enough to not cause any major damage), but if that fails, then it may be the only alternative :(

WTF you have a Reefer 350 and no build thread :lol: WTF is wrong with you :P ?

WTF you have a Reefer 350 and no build thread :lol: WTF is wrong with you :P ?

I actually did have one when I first started it up 3-4 months ago. But it ended up getting deleted (long story) and I never started it back. Ill probably get a chance to start one this weekend.

What species are those?

The top two are red fingers (not sure of species), the middle one was a freebie - I think an orange tree of some sort - and the bottom I think is a yellow whip. Top three are nps so we will see how well they do. They're in my macro build tank so I do feed on the heavier side for sure

Third one is sweet looking! Well they all are but that third one :wub: I am a sucker for yellow.........I guess that is why I love sun corals.....

Third one is sweet looking! Well they all are but that third one :wub: I am a sucker for yellow.........I guess that is why I love sun corals.....

Yellow always is such a nice contrast in reefs.

fishfreak0114

Aww those gorgs are killer!!! I think the second is my favorite. I'm having a hell of a time finding some for my tank. I've only found two places online that sell gorgs, one only sells 2 types and the other only sells really big expensive one so I'm probably going to post on the local FB group to see who has frags of gorgs and leathers.

Aww those gorgs are killer!!! I think the second is my favorite. I'm having a hell of a time finding some for my tank. I've only found two places online that sell gorgs, one only sells 2 types and the other only sells really big expensive one so I'm probably going to post on the local FB group to see who has frags of gorgs and leathers.

Try KP Aquatics. Coral Morphologic used to do them but has reopened as Aquascapers but the store doesn't appear to be operational yet.

Try KP Aquatics. Coral Morphologic used to do them but has reopened as Aquascapers but the store doesn't appear to be operational yet.

Gti! I just found your build! You have one of those yellow polyp gorgs! How's it doing for you?

fishfreak0114

. I live in Canada, and it's seems that most online places don't have them. I've seen them at J and L aquatics when I went there but all their stuff is overpriced.

. I live in Canada, and it's seems that most online places don't have them. I've seen them at J and L aquatics when I went there but all their stuff is overpriced.

Where in Canada?

So my tank used to be a lot more LPS and Soft Coral focused but I think I still have some nice LPS and soft coral colonies.

The current set up:

ODKJ4wX.png

bzwxI85.png

Old Soft and LPS dominated aquascapes: (Sorry for the bad quality on some of them, I had awful picture phones back then).

xQ6ZJZZ.jpg

DHP6VRD.jpg

6bc8ZAE.jpg

AKJKJL0.jpg

Awesome thread idea by the way

Gti! I just found your build! You have one of those yellow polyp gorgs! How's it doing for you?

Unfortunately I gave it away. I bought it at a frag swap and was told it was photosynthetic which seemed too good to be true. After a few months there was evidence of gradual deterioration where the tissue was shrinking back as the base and tip. It was a sad day when I gave it away in the hope someone else could look after it better.

Do you have any more information on the variety?

Bc. It seems like most coral places are in Ontario.

Yes quite a few in toronto. Try contacting Reef Wholesale. They will lead you in the right direction. They supply my LFS here in Ottawa.

So my tank used to be a lot more LPS and Soft Coral focused but I think I still have some nice LPS and soft coral colonies.

The current set up:

ODKJ4wX.png

bzwxI85.png

Old Soft and LPS dominated aquascapes: (Sorry for the bad quality on some of them, I had awful picture phones back then).

xQ6ZJZZ.jpg

DHP6VRD.jpg

6bc8ZAE.jpg

AKJKJL0.jpg

Awesome thread idea by the way

Beautiful photos!!!!!!!! Love your build thread by the way.

Unfortunately I gave it away. I bought it at a frag swap and was told it was photosynthetic which seemed too good to be true. After a few months there was evidence of gradual deterioration where the tissue was shrinking back as the base and tip. It was a sad day when I gave it away in the hope someone else could look after it better.

Do you have any more information on the variety?

It definitely is NPS - I think it is a mennella but I'm not 100% positive! I'm trying to find the balance with feeding enough for the NPS and keeping nutrients up for the macros and not getting micro algae and cyano. Still in the determining phase for sure :)

Archived