ReefWeeds

Softies, Gorgs, LPS  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

Nice, is it creamy white, yellow white? or tan? I'm looking for something really white.

I had a white sinularia (spaghetti coral) as one of my first corals. It slowly went from white to pinkish to tan to brown. It grew pretty fast and took over. Since I was not comfortable fragging it, I eventually got rid of it. Don't know what the trick is to keeping it white.

I realized I hadn't posted any softies in a bit!! Here's my yellow Fiji (it's grown a lot) and the gsp covering the overflow!

This is what I'm holding out for. Can't find one.

Oh I have posted before...............hell my garage is a place that pisses me of now..........to much shit in there..........

Me too. Spent all day yesterday taking pictures and posting it on Letgo and Craigs list. Anything that I didn't think I could get $10. or more went to good will.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a white sinularia (spaghetti coral) as one of my first corals. It slowly went from white to pinkish to tan to brown. It grew pretty fast and took over. Since I was not comfortable fragging it, I eventually got rid of it. Don't know what the trick is to keeping it white.

This is what I'm holding out for. Can't find one.

If you're on Facebook, message Glenn Ritter from coral gardens aquaculture. He gets them pretty regularly and that's where I got mine from.

With the white leathers, typically if they're white, it means they're bleached from lack of light or whatever and once they get into a tank with decent light, they color up. At least that's my experience.

I just found this thread (wait, I'm following it ... must be old age), awesome resource Stella! It was softies and LPS that got me interested in the hobby in the first place. Shrooms mainly, which is why I always have shrooms in each of my tanks.

I just found this thread (wait, I'm following it ... must be old age), awesome resource Stella! It was softies and LPS that got me interested in the hobby in the first place. Shrooms mainly, which is why I always have shrooms in each of my tanks.

Thanks Mark!! I love shrooms as well. I just love all the different colors and textures they come in.

A macro of the Clove Polyp colony in my reef. Such an underrated coral in my opinion. The colors are amazing on them!

NIIBCsv.jpg

Gorgeous shot and beautiful cloves! Those are beautiful ones!

I have a love-hate relationship with cloves and xenia!

Me too! I love them but I can't get either to grow well so they frustrate the crap out of me!

Some softies for Thursday!

• 1 month later...

^ oh shit that sucks. i think i'll get it from L.A should be the real deal...

well I did order a Y. Fiji for L.A it came in with a the dreaded black spot. added it to the tank and with in 24hr it melted away :((

got it covered but man I waited awhile for that coral and was so excited...hopfully I can get another one some day that makes it...

Archived