Pod Your Reef

Spectra's Beater Tank

spectra

Well a few of you have seen the Versa and in order to get it moved into the house the Fusion 20 needs to come down. Rather than move everything into tubs and lose who knows how much I just decided to put up a temporary tank in the garage. This way now I can pull the 20 out replace the carpet in the room and set up the Versa or maybe even go bigger :unsure: who knows this hobby just sucks you and your wallet into the black abyss............anyway here is what I have.

40 breeder

29 gallon sump

24" ATI Powermodule

Curve 5 skimmer

DC 3000 return

Off to the pics :lol: who doesn't like pics ;)

Just a simple 2x3 stand of course I had to sand and clear coat it...IMG_1476.jpg

Ready to fill......just a simple sump with a bubble trap. IMG_1487.jpg

Have to show the ashtray overflow :lol:IMG_1492.jpg

Cycled and a few inhabitants.....IMG_1544.jpg

And last a few macros ;)IMG_1538.jpg

Will have to get a pic but there is actually a weed in there :o

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well a few of you have seen the Versa and in order to get it moved into the house the Fusion 20 needs to come down. Rather than move everything into tubs and lose who knows how much I just decided to put up a temporary tank in the garage. This way now I can pull the 20 out replace the carpet in the room and set up the Versa or maybe even go bigger :unsure: who knows this hobby just sucks you and your wallet into the black abyss............anyway here is what I have.

40 breeder

29 gallon sump

24" ATI Powermodule

Curve 5 skimmer

DC 3000 return

Just a simple 2x3 stand of course I had to sand and clear coat it...IMG_1476.jpg

LOL.....your beater tank beats my cube!

:lol: Ashtray overflow! that's awesomely hilarious! Pics of the weed :) I like the mangroves in there.

The ashtray came from RTF go figure :lol: but it does look like one.......

I need to move things around. I did a water change in the Fusion and well ransacked the sand bed and tossed a bunch of stuff in the 40. trying to slowly take things out as parameters get better in the 40. No sps in there for a while. And the plates and RFAs will wait.

You know you have too much spare cash when this happens

It will go in the house soon when the Versa gets moved in. Figured I better just use it and burn the bulbs in before the coral goes under it. Plus that light might boil the water in the Fusion :lol:

Plus this hobby takes all your cash you know that.......

Well was at the LFS and had to bring this little guy or gal home :lol:

IMG_1565.jpg

No jumpers now.....they can jump all they want to........IMG_1563.jpg

It will go in the house soon when the Versa gets moved in. Figured I better just use it and burn the bulbs in before the coral goes under it. Plus that light might boil the water in the Fusion :lol:

Plus this hobby takes all your cash you know that.......

It's ok. We know you like the good stuff. You can admit you bought the powermodule for the beater garage tank :lol:

:P

Ha I got rid of my boat. Between a boat and a reef tank the entire family would be on ramen.

lol we got rid of our boat last year :) But now I seem to be spending that money on the tanks :lol:

RIP Sebastian

40 breeder

29 gallon sump

24" ATI Powermodule

Curve 5 skimmer

DC 3000 return

Looks great! Already better than my tank! :D

I see the hull peekin out.... What kinda boat do you have? I've got an '07 Cobalt 220 with 300 HP.

Looks great! Already better than my tank! :D

I see the hull peekin out.... What kinda boat do you have? I've got an '07 Cobalt 220 with 300 HP.

09 Chaparral 190 SSI last year they made them. Not sure why they quit as they were popular I guess. Just a little V6 but will pull the kids all day long and not use much gas. Wanted a 20 footer but would have had to modify the garage....this one fits barely in there. I had Jet skis before and those things went through fuel like crazy.......it was nuts.

IMG_0873.jpg

RIP Sebastian

09 Chaparral 190 SSI last year they made them. Not sure why they quit as they were popular I guess. Just a little V6 but will pull the kids all day long and not use much gas. Wanted a 20 footer but would have had to modify the garage....this one fits barely in there. I had Jet skis before and those things went through fuel like crazy.......it was nuts.

IMG_0873.jpg

Looks great! We went in on ours with some friends and none of us have room for it! We keep it in this storage facility that used to be a mine. It's 55 degrees all year round in there.

Ya know what, all ya need is a safe boat that can hold the family. There's nothin' quite like a day on the water!

Well have been moving stuff from the Fusion 20 build over to this one and it is filling up fast :unsure: Fusion is looking a little bare these days......only one rock and some RFAs and Rics left......oh and the six line who did not want to get evicted and hid :)

IMG_1611.jpg

Also picked up a few things to add to the 40 from KP........

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

Hit the local fish store and who could resist this little guy or gal.......

IMG_1565.jpg

also......

IMG_1648.jpg

10 dollar spaghetti coral

IMG_1650.jpg

and last who can say no to a free toadstool :lol: local reefer was very nice.....

IMG_1653.jpg

What are the dims of the stand for the 40g

Frame is about 3/4" bigger all the way around and then added some 1x3 I think pine around the top that was 1 1/2 bigger on 3 sides so a little shelf is there. Was just a plain and simple design as I will probably sell it in a few months once everything is moved over. If I do end up keeping it online it will need a chiller to make it through summer.

Well moved over all the RFAs and there rock. IMG_1673.jpg

Also picked up a basket star and this guy IMG_1676.jpg

And who could turn down a couple of freebies from my local dealer :lol:IMG_1678.jpg

You have a nicer tank in your garage than I have in my house :(

Thanks! but it needs to go back into the house real soon........this is just temporary until I can get the area prepped......

righttirefire

I remember the freebie gorgs! I was there..

Must have been my boyish good looks that charmed your "local dealer"... your 6line hates you. He had a conversation tonight. That's why it over ate and got fat. But it's in a diet now...

Cencalfishguy56

I remember the freebie gorgs! I was there..

Must have been my boyish good looks that charmed your "local dealer"... your 6line hates you. He had a conversation tonight. That's why it over ate and got fat. But it's in a diet now...

boyish good looks lmfao

Archived