Innovative Marine Aquariums

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

5 hours ago, scrappy34 said:

I think I will need to raise my water level about a half inch. Idk if you can see in the picture, but my water level is just barely over the left baffle. On the right side, my skimmer' return pump lifts the water level a bit.  

IMG_20180919_052509.jpg

I don't understand this post.  It the tank is level the water level should be the same on both ends.  The only area where you can "raise" the water level would be in the return chamber, correct?

SURVEYMAN46123
11 hours ago, KW NANOREEF said:

Depends on your budget. I have an AI Prime HD on mine and it works great. Great spread and growth. Great option for a shallow tank like the LAGOON!

Its on my radar for sure!  👍

• 1 month later...

There hasn't been much action in this thread for a while. How is everyone's tank doing? 

Here's mine, it just hit six months. Grabbed some good stuff at RAP last month and I'm planning on just letting everything grow in for a while before adding anything else. 

Well, unless I can find some more pretty RFA's.... 

IMG_0779_thumb_JPG_ad32f7d5ae6b50c7a460dd3612942207.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Heres my tank. I started dosing after finding out my Calcium had dropped to 250 and now everything is growing like weeds. i love it. SPS is taking off and my montipora caps have all gained their color back!IMG_3566.thumb.JPG.4088ac61c6d299908fe0e1d841f9a96d.JPG

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone use a gyre in their Lagoon 25?   I just added a Hydor Koralia Nano 425 but would like more flow. If so what model are you using and are you happy with the results?

• 3 weeks later...

I’m looking to add a skimmer to my tank but wanted to know if anyone had any particular recommendations. Ive been looking at the ice cap and bubble magnus so far but also would not be opposed to a mame or reef glass type skimmer as well. 

47 minutes ago, new2reefin said:

I’m looking to add a skimmer to my tank but wanted to know if anyone had any particular recommendations. Ive been looking at the ice cap and bubble magnus so far but also would not be opposed to a mame or reef glass type skimmer as well. 

i have the icecap and it works great. i had microbubbles for one day, and i can tune it easy enough. the only thing i don't like is you cant use the magnetic mount that comes with it. it just sits in the chamber and can move around a little bit. i have mine in chamber 2 on the right side.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:31 PM, new2reefin said:

Does anyone use a gyre in their Lagoon 25?   I just added a Hydor Koralia Nano 425 but would like more flow. If so what model are you using and are you happy with the results?

I have a maxspect gyre with the cap to make it smaller on my 22g long - the flow is nice but I will say I feel like I have to replace parts more often than I would like. Cleaning it is a pain too. My vortechs seem to outlast them and are much easier to clean. I have a single Mp10 on my IM25 lagoon which works fine for my mixed reef so far with an upgraded return pump. Keep in mind, aquascape effects flow a lot. 

Hi all,

I'm setting up my first tank - a 25g lagoon.

I got the 100W Neotherm like many recommended and wondering which chamber it should go. If I use chamber 2 (not the overflow one, not the return one), then the heater is not fully submerged. I read that the dial should be fully submerged and that is not the case with the standard waterlevel. I could put it in the return chamber with my Sicce1.5 pump but that is relatively full. I'm also trying to get good flow everywhere so I don't get detritus build up.

Where is the the best chamber to run the heater in?

Thanks!

I run my heaters in the second chamber. Two 50 watt. The middle chamber with the pump will have the volume go up or down with evaporation depending on if you use an auto top off or not. Maybe if you put it sideways in the middle chamber and set your auto top off level above the height of the heater. 

Min water level is the top of the bezel per BRS/premium aquatics, ect. I try not to fully submerge my heaters as the gasket by the cord is where failure can occur causing water to get inside the heater... and with a cobalt.... they tend to explode when that happens. :eek:

7 hours ago, pieceofreef said:

Hi all,

I'm setting up my first tank - a 25g lagoon.

I got the 100W Neotherm like many recommended and wondering which chamber it should go. If I use chamber 2 (not the overflow one, not the return one), then the heater is not fully submerged. I read that the dial should be fully submerged and that is not the case with the standard waterlevel. I could put it in the return chamber with my Sicce1.5 pump but that is relatively full. I'm also trying to get good flow everywhere so I don't get detritus build up.

Where is the the best chamber to run the heater in?

Thanks!

Thought I’d post my lagoon

Lights: AI hydra 26 HD

Flow:  Ecotech MP10w

return pump: stock for now

2x Intank media baskets with floss and chemipure

2x Intank fuge baskets with chaeto

2x IM chaetomax lights 

ATO: xpaqua duetto

I’m great success growing chaeto. Working so well I’m dosing nitrate in my tank. 

4EA751B5-244B-4D39-91A1-2C119FFC9EE6.jpeg

904AC5F9-EB34-4FC3-B4BF-8C568DB7323B.jpeg

CF809B6A-D2C3-43A8-BB7A-7246F27EA6CE.jpeg

43325BC6-7BD1-4488-99D4-0C237503D635.jpeg

3D969823-E5ED-4776-A049-C3331656AE2F.jpeg

On 1/19/2019 at 3:19 PM, Tamberav said:

Min water level is the top of the bezel per BRS/premium aquatics, ect. I try not to fully submerge my heaters as the gasket by the cord is where failure can occur causing water to get inside the heater... and with a cobalt.... they tend to explode when that happens. :eek:

To make sure I understand this correctly. You're even intentionally not fully submerging the heater? So having the top of the 100W cobalt stand out might be fine then. Thanks for replying!

I've been out of the hobby for about a year or two.   I have a couple build threads of my previous tanks on here.     Well the bug has bit me again and I want one of these tanks.   But they seem to be out of stock everywhere.    I emailed Innovative Marine yesterday asking about this issue.    I'll report back when they respond.   

50 minutes ago, Daveg99 said:

I've been put of the hobby for about a year or two.   I have a couple build threads of my previous tanks on here.     Well the bug has bit me again and I want one of these tanks.   But they seem to be out of stock everywhere.    I emailed Innovative Marine yesterday asking about this issue.    I'll report back when they respond.   

I asked them a couple of days ago and they said that they would be available again in a few weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Just got a reply.  Said they will be available next week.   

Also has anyone ever put an mp40 on one of these? I know people use mp10's on 10 gallon tanks so I figured a mp40 would work on one of these.   Wondering because I have a mp40 sitting here from my old tank that I could use.  I had a mp40 running on my 72x16x14 tank and it was fine.   

On 1/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, Daveg99 said:

Just got a reply.  Said they will be available next week.   

Also has anyone ever put an mp40 on one of these? I know people use mp10's on 10 gallon tanks so I figured a mp40 would work on one of these.   Wondering because I have a mp40 sitting here from my old tank that I could use.  I had a mp40 running on my 72x16x14 tank and it was fine.   

Haha, I ran into this same situation. Had an MP40 laying around from my 75g and didn't feel like trading down or buying another powerhead. I am happy to report it works just fine :-) I only ever run it on the minimum power reef crest during my photo period though.

MVIMG_20190128_200653.jpg

• Like 1

I got this screen top DIY kit from BRS. I just noticed that it doesn't come with pieces to hold up the screen inside the aquarium (which seems a lot nicer than laying a bigger one on top of it). The tank is a rimless Innovative Marine 25g lagoon, which is why I'm posting here. What can I use to hold up the screen top and where do I get it? Thank you!!

19 minutes ago, pieceofreef said:

I got this screen top DIY kit from BRS. I just noticed that it doesn't come with pieces to hold up the screen inside the aquarium (which seems a lot nicer than laying a bigger one on top of it). The tank is a rimless Innovative Marine 25g lagoon, which is why I'm posting here. What can I use to hold up the screen top and where do I get it? Thank you!!

https://www.marinedepot.com/Innovative_Marine_Lid_Clips_for_Rimless_Aquariums_15mm_Aquariums_Accessories-Innovative_Marine-0I05420-FIAQAA-0I05420-vi.html

Just be sure to choose the correct size, I think it’s 8mm.

• Like 1