Coral Vue Hydros

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

The fluval really isnt producing the best results anymore. The dial for water flow on the unit is very basic and makes tuning difficult. That being said its better than nothing. THe NS80 game in broken so waiting on its replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
GoneReefing

This is my Innovative Marine Nuvo 25g Lagoon. It's about 6 months old and LPS dominant.

Tank/Stand: IM Nuvo 25 Lagoon w/ APS Stand

Rock/Sand: Caribsea "Shapes" rock, Caribsea pink Fiji Sand..

Stocking: Pair of blue-stripe pipefish, a tiger goby, a yasha goby w/ candy stripe pistol shrimp, a tiny 6-line wrasse, 5x sexy shrimp, 1x porcelain crab, 1x Pederson's Anemone Shrimp.

Corals: Acans, Z&Ps, Blastos, Pectinia, Favia, Favites, Chalices, Caulastrea, Cyphastrea, Acanthophyllia, Fungia, Echinatas, Goniopora, Wilsoni, etc.

Lighting: 2 x Kessil A80s

Return: Sicce 1.5

Flow: Vortech MP10QDW on pulse mode

Skimmer: Dymax IQ5 Nano Skimmer w/ Tetra Deepwater Pump and BRS CO2 scrubber

Filtration: Carbon, GFO, Poly in filter caddy w/ Marine Pure balls in the return section

Dosing: Kalkwasser in ATO, KZ Sponge Power, KZ LPS Aminos, KZ Coral Vitalizer, KZ Coral Booster, Lugol's solution, KZ Pohl's Extra

Maintenance: 50% water change every 2 weeks. Also change filter pads and carbon on those days. Change Phosban once a month. 

reef (2 of 2).JPG

reef (1 of 2).JPG

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 2:43 PM, GoneReefing said:

This is my Innovative Marine Nuvo 25g Lagoon. It's about 6 months old and LPS dominant.

Stocking: Pair of blue-stripe pipefish, a tiger goby, a yasha goby w/ candy stripe pistol shrimp, a tiny 6-line wrasse, 5x sexy shrimp, 1x porcelain crab, 1x Pederson's Anemone Shrimp.

Corals: Acans, Z&Ps, Blastos, Pectinia, Favia, Favites, Chalices, Caulastrea, Cyphastrea, Acanthophyllia, Fungia, Echinatas, Goniopora, Wilsoni, etc.

Filtration: Carbon, GFO, Poly in filter caddy w/ Marine Pure balls in the return section

Dosing: Kalkwasser in ATO, KZ Sponge Power, KZ LPS Aminos, KZ Coral Vitalizer, KZ Coral Booster, Lugol's solution, KZ Pohl's Extra

Maintenance: 50% water change every 2 weeks. Also change filter pads and carbon on those days. Change Phosban once a month. 

Great looking tank!

Hello, I just got an IM 25 Lagoon and I'm planning my build. I won't be putting everything together for a couple more months, but this is what I am currently planning:

Lighting: Kessil a360w with Bluefish controller. 

Return: Sicce 1.5

Flow: Icecap 1k Gyre

Skimmer: Aquamaxx 1.5 HOB 

Filtration: Stock 

ATO: Smart ATO Micro 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Stoops718 said:

thoughts on the skimmer?

its been running since friday and i have to say, i really like it. While breaking it in i had a period of micro bubbles in the tank, but that went away after about a day. Its not exactly a quiet skimmer, but its not loud either. i wouldn't want it next to my bed, but when our tv is on in our living room i cant hear the skimmer over the TV. i have dialed it in and its pulling dark skim, not pasty, but still darker than the tea colored water more skimmers pull. The skimmer is kind of a tight fit, the magnetic mount doesn't fit the chamber though. thats my only real complaint.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2018 at 5:43 PM, GoneReefing said:

reef (2 of 2).JPG

reef (1 of 2).JPG

good lawd...those acans!

image.png.bf7c1e942f1261e3365a7ac359aed490.png

When you're refilling the tank from evaporation day to day is your water level even in the display tank and the return pump chamber? I'm battling some flow issues and my return chamber is always emptying and the display tank seems to stay the same.

I'm  using the stock return pump that came with the IM25. In over flow I'm using the IM Caddy's with some filter sheets I cut from sheet. Like this.

16 minutes ago, 3s1k said:

I'm battling some flow issues and my return chamber is always emptying and the display tank seems to stay the same.

This is how it should work.  The water level in the every chamber other than the return chamber is determined by the height of the baffles, which never change.  Therefore, as water evaporates you will only see the water level change in the return chamber.  

• Like 1
On 8/20/2018 at 11:28 AM, specore said:

This is how it should work.  The water level in the every chamber other than the return chamber is determined by the height of the baffles, which never change.  Therefore, as water evaporates you will only see the water level change in the return chamber.  

Thank you Specore for clarifying that. I was concerned that not enough flow was going through the caddy's and filter media.

On 7/13/2018 at 2:43 PM, GoneReefing said:

reef (2 of 2).JPG

reef (1 of 2).JPG

I was just wondering what your opinion is on the skimmer you are using. I found one at my lfs and I’m tempted to get it. Can you post a pic of the skimmate it pulls out

Hello Nano Reef! Getting back into the hobby pretty much in 5 years. Starting my first job out of college and using the signing bonus to get a new tank 😄
Ordered 25g lagoon on marine depot and am going to try and buy the equipment now, but would love your guys/gals inputs on equipment list.

Lights: 2 Rapid LED par 38 bulbs I had laying around

Flow: RFA or icecap 1k gyre pump (which additional flow would you guys recommend?)

return pumps: 2 eheim 600

skimmer: Tunze comline doc 9001

Media reactor: IM minimax reactor? Or is there a better/cheaper alternative if I just want to run GFO

1 inTank media caddy and 1 filter floss caddy (Run Carbon in the media caddy)

What would be all of the little accessories I need such as extra 1/2 ID tubing for the return pumps and superglue for the skimmer magnet mod?

Thanks everyone! Happy to be back!

Also, any thoughts on the new innovative marine minimax pro? Is that just the one to get now? It seems cheaper too than the older version but the same capacity?

And I saw IM is coming up with a new skimmer, and I'm considering waiting to see what it is before jumping on the tunze 9001

I ordered a Lagoon 25 it should be here Friday. However, I noticed on Marine Depot's site it says they no longer carry the tank and most other sites like BRS are out of stock. Does anyone know if IM is no longer producing the tank? I really hope mine has no issues when I get it if they are being phased out...

17 minutes ago, NoobHour said:

I ordered a Lagoon 25 it should be here Friday. However, I noticed on Marine Depot's site it says they no longer carry the tank and most other sites like BRS are out of stock. Does anyone know if IM is no longer producing the tank? I really hope mine has no issues when I get it if they are being phased out...

interesting. typically IM phases out their old products right before they launch something new and improved. I love my lagoon 25 so i wouldn't worry about your purchase. that being said, if you want to wait, i bet you have time to cancel your order and wait to see what happens.

SURVEYMAN46123

In the very early stages of upgrading to a 25 Lagoon.   Lighting is always a hot topic.   Not sure if I want a T5/LED Hybrid or a single Kessil A360.   Thoughts?

I’d love to have a tank with some mangroves but not sure either light could be placed high enough for them.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2018 at 8:38 AM, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

In the very early stages of upgrading to a 25 Lagoon.   Lighting is always a hot topic.   Not sure if I want a T5/LED Hybrid or a single Kessil A360.   Thoughts?

I’d love to have a tank with some mangroves but not sure either light could be placed high enough for them.  

Depends on your budget. I have an AI Prime HD on mine and it works great. Great spread and growth. Great option for a shallow tank like the LAGOON!

2 hours ago, scrappy34 said:

Can someone post a pic of the AIO section? I'm not sure if I have my water levels correct. 

In my experience, if the water level is too low you will get micro bubbles. I keep my level about 1/2 inch below the middle set of baffles. 

5 hours ago, Kellie in CA said:

In my experience, if the water level is too low you will get micro bubbles. I keep my level about 1/2 inch below the middle set of baffles. 

I think I will need to raise my water level about a half inch. Idk if you can see in the picture, but my water level is just barely over the left baffle. On the right side, my skimmer' return pump lifts the water level a bit.  

IMG_20180919_052509.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture.  It's tricking my eyes, I can't tell if the heater is even fully submerged in the water.  

If the middle chamber is near the top of the baffles, all the other chambers should be full.