ReefCleaners.org

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

2 minutes ago, Nart said:

@TILTON I'm just going to say it again... you have one of the cleanest IM25 set-ups I have ever seen. Inside and out... wow.

@Fishy snowman that screen cover appears to be a screen lid made by Artfully Acrylic.

I agree super clean very nice setup   thx I'm going to look into that 

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
4 hours ago, Nart said:

@TILTON I'm just going to say it again... you have one of the cleanest IM25 set-ups I have ever seen. Inside and out... wow.

@Fishy snowman that screen cover appears to be a screen lid made by Artfully Acrylic.

Thanks!  I appreciate that.  Yes, it's an Artfully Acrylic top.  I actually ordered it when I set up the tank.  It took 9 weeks from order to delivery.  So just just a heads up on that.  Great lid though.

1 hour ago, TILTON said:

Thanks!  I appreciate that.  Yes, it's an Artfully Acrylic top.  I actually ordered it when I set up the tank.  It took 9 weeks from order to delivery.  So just just a heads up on that.  Great lid though.

Did you not set up your tank in that time or were you using a different top or topless?

I am getting ready to order the 25g Lagoon and am looking at the Artfully Acrylic top, but want something over the tank in the mean time.

Too paranoid about jumpers. 

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
34 minutes ago, colinlevy said:

Did you not set up your tank in that time or were you using a different top or topless?

I am getting ready to order the 25g Lagoon and am looking at the Artfully Acrylic top, but want something over the tank in the mean time.

Too paranoid about jumpers. 

I didn't have anything over the top.  So I went about a month without a top when I had my fish.  Luckily non of them jumped.  

I would definitely order the lid now if you for sure want the IM25.  On the Artfully Acrylic website it says 6 weeks but if you look on the Clearview Lid page on reef2reef it's been averaging about 8 weeks to get one.

Kellie in CA

I'm going for it!  Just ordered two and the drop adapters. I really want to get the MP10 off my tank because my toddler daughter is always grabbing for it.  One of these days I won't be able to stop her in time.

Kellie in CA

yup 1/2 + the drop adapter they make for the IM tanks. 

The fact that they have no moving parts is pretty awesome. I'm guessing that with regular cleaning they should last forever.

Thrassian Atoll
34 minutes ago, Kellie in CA said:

yup 1/2 + the drop adapter they make for the IM tanks. 

The fact that they have no moving parts is pretty awesome. I'm guessing that with regular cleaning they should last forever.

What is the drop adapter?

@Kellie in CA Wow! I am totally getting these. Thank you for sharing. Did you get these yet? Which drop-adapter did you get for the IM25 by the way? 16mm or 19mm?

Nvm I found the answer.

19mm drop adapter works for the IM25

16mm drop adapter works for the IM10

Update note: It appears on their FAQ site that you must use at least a 290gph return pump to get the random flow pattern.

I use the MJ1200 as my return pump with a Y adapter.... so I am not sure how it'll affect the RFG usage.

I am going to send them an email to ask.

Kellie in CA
2 hours ago, Nart said:

@Kellie in CA Wow! I am totally getting these. Thank you for sharing. Did you get these yet? Which drop-adapter did you get for the IM25 by the way? 16mm or 19mm?

Nvm I found the answer.

19mm drop adapter works for the IM25

16mm drop adapter works for the IM10

Update note: It appears on their FAQ site that you must use at least a 290gph return pump to get the random flow pattern.

I use the MJ1200 as my return pump with a Y adapter.... so I am not sure how it'll affect the RFG usage.

I am going to send them an email to ask.

Good catch.  I looked all over their site and never noticed that. 

If ya'll were interested on the RFG for the IM25.

Here is the response I received from Antonio at VCA.

" Benjamin,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your question.

The flow requirements are a bit ambiguous. The RFG nozzle will create a random flow pattern at just about any flow rate, but because of the way it works it does defuse the flow bit, so we have minimum flow recommendations and what we call our “sweet-spot” flow rates for both the 1/2in and 3/4in Nozzles.

We just pulled these numbers together over the past few weeks with a flow monitor and a test-bed system, so they are not fully published on the website yet. But, these are our recommendations in term of GPH to a 1/2in nozzle.

RFG050 (1/2in)

Min: 120-150 GPH

Optimal: 300-450 GPH

2 X RFG050

RFG050 (1/2in)

Min: 250-400 GPH

Optimal: 640-670 GPH

With your setup, the MJ should be able to create a good usable random flow pattern to the two nozzle, given than there is very little if any head pressure in your type of setup.

Hope that answers your question - if you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

And one final note, we will be having a shipping holiday starting tomorrow, due to the entire crew heading to Reef-A-Palooza this weekend, Any orders placed after 1pm MTS today will ship on Tuesday of next week.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Antonio Gutierrez "

With that said, it seems like it'll be a good upgrade for the IM25 and especially so for the IM10.

I think I am going to pull the trigger to try it out.

20 hours ago, Kellie in CA said:

I am in the midst of upgrading to a IM25. Tank has arrived as well as all the equipment. Just trying to find a stand I like so I can get the show on the road.

What is the difference between what you linked and the Spin Steam Flow Nozzle from Innovative Marine?

They both appear to do random flow patterns. Only think different I can see is the Vivid Creative don't physically move but the IM ones spin the entire unit.

Kellie in CA

I didn't go with the IM ones because I read a bunch of reviews saying that they make an annoying clicking sound.

With the Vivid having no moving parts, I'm assuming that sound shouldn't be an issue.

1 minute ago, Kellie in CA said:

I didn't go with the IM ones because I read a bunch of reviews saying that they make an annoying clicking sound.

I have a Spin Stream and I have more problems with it stopping than with hearing a noise. <_<

• Like 1
On 10/5/2017 at 11:31 AM, Nart said:

If ya'll were interested on the RFG for the IM25.

Here is the response I received from Antonio at VCA.

" Benjamin,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your question.

The flow requirements are a bit ambiguous. The RFG nozzle will create a random flow pattern at just about any flow rate, but because of the way it works it does defuse the flow bit, so we have minimum flow recommendations and what we call our “sweet-spot” flow rates for both the 1/2in and 3/4in Nozzles.

We just pulled these numbers together over the past few weeks with a flow monitor and a test-bed system, so they are not fully published on the website yet. But, these are our recommendations in term of GPH to a 1/2in nozzle.

RFG050 (1/2in)

Min: 120-150 GPH

Optimal: 300-450 GPH

2 X RFG050

RFG050 (1/2in)

Min: 250-400 GPH

Optimal: 640-670 GPH

With your setup, the MJ should be able to create a good usable random flow pattern to the two nozzle, given than there is very little if any head pressure in your type of setup.

Hope that answers your question - if you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

And one final note, we will be having a shipping holiday starting tomorrow, due to the entire crew heading to Reef-A-Palooza this weekend, Any orders placed after 1pm MTS today will ship on Tuesday of next week.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Antonio Gutierrez "

With that said, it seems like it'll be a good upgrade for the IM25 and especially so for the IM10.

I think I am going to pull the trigger to try it out.

I think I’m going to have to grab these too... have you ordered yet?

2 minutes ago, Kellie in CA said:

I saw them in action at RAP today. Pretty cool! 

Their Instagram post is what made me remember to look into it! I may just pull the trigger this week. I should stop buying coral and up my equipment game. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

Their Instagram post is what made me remember to look into it! I may just pull the trigger this week. I should stop buying coral and up my equipment game. 

I think about that sometimes...then I see more pretties and there goes my tank budget! :rolleyes::lol: