Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

Does anyone know off hand what size the return holes are in the false wall on 25 lagoon? Looking to replace with some new blulkhead/loclines but don't know what size they are. 

12 hours ago, GrumpyDaddy68 said:

Hi all,

What ATO do you recommend for this tank (AutoAqua Smart ATO or ATO Micro)?

Thanks,

ive been using the tunze nano osmolator for years without any issues.

12 hours ago, GrumpyDaddy68 said:

Hi all,

What ATO do you recommend for this tank (AutoAqua Smart ATO or ATO Micro)?

Thanks,

Either would work. I have the smart ato on this tank amd the micro on my 10 gallon. They  both are reliable and work just the same. 

GrumpyDaddy68

Hi all,

One more question... my tank is cycling but I'm looking ahead.

Does anybody keep any of those 'sand sifting gobies' in  this type of tank? If so, how do you feed them to make sure they don't starve.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 5:01 PM, GrumpyDaddy68 said:

Hi all,

One more question... my tank is cycling but I'm looking ahead.

Does anybody keep any of those 'sand sifting gobies' in  this type of tank? If so, how do you feed them to make sure they don't starve.

Thanks,

Having kept several specimens in my old 5’ Reef and having lost them all due to starvation eventually, I personally wouldn’t recommend them, even though they are brilliant fish and do a sterling job.

• 2 weeks later...

HI - I recently bought a PLS-50 Elite II 2019 version but evidently I didn't check dimensions thoroughly enough.... I have a IM Lagoon 25.  I have seen in this thread where some folks have modified the Skimmer to fit in AIO tanks. DO you know if anyone has successfully managed to get the skimmer into the sump chamber of the Lagoon 25?  if so, how? 

What's the verdict?

I am heartbroken as its a terrific little skimmer...  if I can't get it to fit, I don't know what I am going to do with it ??

39 minutes ago, ikiwi said:

HI - I recently bought a PLS-50 Elite II 2019 version but evidently I didn't check dimensions thoroughly enough.... I have a IM Lagoon 25.  I have seen in this thread where some folks have modified the Skimmer to fit in AIO tanks. DO you know if anyone has successfully managed to get the skimmer into the sump chamber of the Lagoon 25?  if so, how? 

What's the verdict?

I am heartbroken as its a terrific little skimmer...  if I can't get it to fit, I don't know what I am going to do with it ??

The one they modified was the older Elite by cutting the hanging bracket/base. It was much smaller. The new one will not fit as the cone itself is too wide.

Hello!!!! 

May I join the club?😁

I currently have a standard 29g tall FOWLR, but dont really like it lol. I'm tiny so cleaninh it is a pain in the butt, getting proper circulation is next to impossible. Light sucks...and I like shallow tanks. It just...looks right lol. So long story short I finally pulled the trigger on an IM lagoon 25!!😁

Ordered the tank online yesterday at 4pm  from Aquarium depot, and UPS was at my door by 1pm this morning. Amazing service! Tank was beyond well packed lol. Came in a box, which was in an even bigger box! Smallest one was claimed by my cats, the other one by my kids lol.

Didn't feel like spending money on a stand, so decided to use my desk (aka the dust collector) as the stand. Tank will go in my living room, which lacks natural light, so this tank will be perfect!!

Going through the basement I found an IM lid kit! Just missing the clips. Also found my kessil controller!!

Also got myself my very first RO/DI spectrapure 90gpd. Love it!!! 

So here's the equipment I'm planning so far.

IM lagoon 25g

Stock return pump (will most likely upgrade to a sicce 1.0 at some point )

Tunze 6025

Fluval powerhead c2 (in my 29g)

Fluval 75w heater (from my 29g)

Kessil A80 or A160 

Bubble magus QQ1 (currently on my 29g)

UV sterilizer (still debating)

I plan on running filter floss (changed every other day), carbon and chemipure 

Rocks and sand:

10 lbs from a fellow reefer

15 pounds of caribsea aragonite

Livestock :

my valentini puffer

my lawnmower blenny 

and I don't know for the rest

20190508_184234.jpg

20190508_184208.jpg

20190508_184119.jpg

20190508_143207.jpg

20190508_200022.jpg

Kellie in CA
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, 3s1k said:

Ugh just found a bunch of scratches in my Lagoon glass. Not a new thank but I think it's my Tunze magnet.

I think this glass must scratch pretty easily.  I have been super careful with my Flipper, but I have one long scratch across the front that drives me crazy.  I'll probably swap out the tank when I move next year. 

19 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

Hello!!!! 

May I join the club?😁

I currently have a standard 29g tall FOWLR, but dont really like it lol. I'm tiny so cleaninh it is a pain in the butt, getting proper circulation is next to impossible. Light sucks...and I like shallow tanks. It just...looks right lol. So long story short I finally pulled the trigger on an IM lagoon 25!!😁

Ordered the tank online yesterday at 4pm  from Aquarium depot, and UPS was at my door by 1pm this morning. Amazing service! Tank was beyond well packed lol. Came in a box, which was in an even bigger box! Smallest one was claimed by my cats, the other one by my kids lol.

Didn't feel like spending money on a stand, so decided to use my desk (aka the dust collector) as the stand. Tank will go in my living room, which lacks natural light, so this tank will be perfect!!

Going through the basement I found an IM lid kit! Just missing the clips. Also found my kessil controller!!

Also got myself my very first RO/DI spectrapure 90gpd. Love it!!! 

So here's the equipment I'm planning so far.

IM lagoon 25g

Stock return pump (will most likely upgrade to a sicce 1.0 at some point )

Tunze 6025

Fluval powerhead c2 (in my 29g)

Fluval 75w heater (from my 29g)

Kessil A80 or A160 

Bubble magus QQ1 (currently on my 29g)

UV sterilizer (still debating)

I plan on running filter floss (changed every other day), carbon and chemipure 

Rocks and sand:

10 lbs from a fellow reefer

15 pounds of caribsea aragonite

Livestock :

my valentini puffer

my lawnmower blenny 

and I don't know for the rest

20190508_184234.jpg

20190508_184208.jpg

20190508_184119.jpg

20190508_143207.jpg

20190508_200022.jpg

Nice start! You may want to reinforce the desk to be sure it can handle the weight of the tank. I used a sturdy bookshelf for my (IM 14 peninsula) tank and reinforced the back corners with these L-shaped bracket things. There are other ways to do it as well.

4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Nice start! You may want to reinforce the desk to be sure it can handle the weight of the tank. I used a sturdy bookshelf for my (IM 14 peninsula) tank and reinforced the back corners with these L-shaped bracket things. There are other ways to do it as well.

Yeah I decided the stand was way to shaky lol.

Found another spot for it. My kitchen counter !!! It's really big and the end section always looks messy because we put all sort of things there lol. So no more mess!! I can see it from the living room, kitchen, dining room and even my bedroom !! Easy to access ! The hardest part is gonna be to hide the wires.😁

20190509_195828.jpg

20190509_195715.jpg

• Like 1

Tank  is wet. Put some of my LR in the tank as well as some carib sea south rock. My 2 tiny yellow watchman gobies went in as well I figured bacteria will slowly colonize the rest of the base rock. planning on leaving them by themselves for couple of weeks so the tank will be established. I decided to go with caribsea hawaiian black sand. It's not pure black (specs of White and brown/red) so not everything will show lol. I also wanted a fermer tank. It fits the spot better I think. Also makes the tank look bigger for some reason.

Decided to get the Kessil A80. There will be no high light demanding corals in that tank and the coverage is very good with very little shadowing. 

The first pic is the view from by bedroom. I like it!!! 😉

20190511_201752.jpg

20190511_192734.jpg

20190511_192850.jpg

20190511_192803.jpg

20190511_192745.jpg

On 5/11/2019 at 6:37 PM, Melfy77 said:

Tank  is wet. Put some of my LR in the tank as well as some carib sea south rock. My 2 tiny yellow watchman gobies went in as well I figured bacteria will slowly colonize the rest of the base rock. planning on leaving them by themselves for couple of weeks so the tank will be established. I decided to go with caribsea hawaiian black sand. It's not pure black (specs of White and brown/red) so not everything will show lol. I also wanted a fermer tank. It fits the spot better I think. Also makes the tank look bigger for some reason.

Decided to get the Kessil A80. There will be no high light demanding corals in that tank and the coverage is very good with very little shadowing. 

The first pic is the view from by bedroom. I like it!!! 😉

20190511_201752.jpg

20190511_192734.jpg

20190511_192850.jpg

20190511_192803.jpg

20190511_192745.jpg

Looks great. I have mixed feelings on black sand. It looks amazing but the tank always look dim.

4 hours ago, 3s1k said:

Looks great. I have mixed feelings on black sand. It looks amazing but the tank always look dim.

Totally agreed! I wanted the tank the look dim.  This place is already well lit and because of the location I wanted the tank the "blend" in. In the living room I would have done white sand because it's darker. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and looking for another reason than "I wanted black sand" lol

On 5/13/2019 at 2:26 AM, Melfy77 said:

Totally agreed! I wanted the tank the look dim.  This place is already well lit and because of the location I wanted the tank the "blend" in. In the living room I would have done white sand because it's darker. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and looking for another reason than "I wanted black sand" lol

The corals will definitely "pop" on the black sand. I can't wait to see once you got it stocked.

Kellie in CA

Does everyone have problems with this tank scratching really easily?  I am so careful, but just can’t seem to avoid them.  How do you all clean your glass?

22 hours ago, Kellie in CA said:

Does everyone have problems with this tank scratching really easily?  I am so careful, but just can’t seem to avoid them.  How do you all clean your glass?

Yes. I have scratches all over the side of mine and I have been very careful with cleaning. I'm extra careful now.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, Kellie in CA said:

Had mine for a couple of year and no stretches. I use the sponge for regular cleaning and turn to Eheim magnetic cleaner for things like coralline algae, but I use razor blades too. I use microfiber towel on the outside also no issues there.

For those of you with two return pumps installed, do you have them running at max or dialed down?   I am trialing a Tunze Silence 1073 with an IM Mighty jet desktop size (I did have a solo mightyjet midsize which was great, but I want more real estate in the return chamber for probes etc, so switched it out).... right now, both pumps are at full tilt, but i’m getting microbubbles and my filter floss clogs quickly causing water level issues in the return chamber etc.  

Dial them down?   Suggestions? 

Update:  I did dial both pumps down a bit ( still waiting for clarity after messing with them) .... I also removed some water to drop the level in the back chamber now that flow is down a little.   Now, I notice that sump area water level is SUPER sensitive to my filter floss pad and I have a “waterfall” noise from the 4th chamber flow (where I have the new IM skimmer).     Can’t believe how much tweaking this takes to dial in.   

Still in in need of suggestions... 

Now thinking for fish stocking..I already have 2 YWG in my tank. No clownfish. I like wrasses but seems like the 6 line can be an PITA. I want fish that will stay in the open (so nothing cryptic). I like the green clown goby. For a centerpiece I like the cherub angel (tank will be softies only). Some damselfish are gorgeous but how agressive can they really be? The occelatus damsel is stunning IMO

On 5/27/2019 at 9:50 AM, ikiwi said:

For those of you with two return pumps installed, do you have them running at max or dialed down?   I am trialing a Tunze Silence 1073 with an IM Mighty jet desktop size (I did have a solo mightyjet midsize which was great, but I want more real estate in the return chamber for probes etc, so switched it out).... right now, both pumps are at full tilt, but i’m getting microbubbles and my filter floss clogs quickly causing water level issues in the return chamber etc.  

Dial them down?   Suggestions? 

Update:  I did dial both pumps down a bit ( still waiting for clarity after messing with them) .... I also removed some water to drop the level in the back chamber now that flow is down a little.   Now, I notice that sump area water level is SUPER sensitive to my filter floss pad and I have a “waterfall” noise from the 4th chamber flow (where I have the new IM skimmer).     Can’t believe how much tweaking this takes to dial in.   

Still in in need of suggestions... 

I just run a single Sicce and I didn't have to dial anything in so I am guessing you just have too much flow if the chambers are causing problems. The more crap you cram back there the more it is going to impede flow through the chambers.