Pod Your Reef

Wife is just shaking her head

Fourthwind

As I am sure you all know, you spend a lot of time playing with scaping to get what is pleasing to your eye and will hopefully support different levels of corals all in one tank. My wife thinks I am nuts, but I am still unsure about this scape. What are your thoughts?

post-90150-0-40086600-1457124951_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
towandapunk

That looks really nice! What are the dimensions of your tank? I need to rescape my BC29, and am having a hard time coming up with something i like.

RIP Sebastian

Reminds me of my first scape in a RSM. I like it.

Tell her to shut up and make you a samich

Steve, I just about fell off of my chair!

The scape looks very nice, though. Get it the way you want it- once there is coral there is no changing it!

Nick

CronicReefer

This guy knows what he's talking about, I'd listen to him.
  • Like 1

That looks really nice! What are the dimensions of your tank? I need to rescape my BC29, and am having a hard time coming up with something i like.

It's a "Nuvo 38" but really isnt' empty it holds 33 gallons. Display area is 24 wide by 16 deep roughly

I think it looks great. Women... have you dealt with a woman trying to pick a color for a room?

Just try taking one to her first reefstock and have her start buying corals that color coordinate :wacko:

LMFAO.. Soooo glad she doesn't troll this site

• Like 2

make sure you get plenty of "wavy thingies" , domestic tranquility is priceless

rock looks good

She picked out three "wavy thingies" lol but not just because they move. She bought two torches and an octospawn because they were NOT green lol I bet you can pick out which ones are "Hers" My poor nano is loaded. Chewing up calcium like crazy.

post-90150-0-83584500-1457192279_thumb.jpg

now's your chance to set up another tank, his and hers, those three euphyllia take up a lot of real estate lol

It is not out of the question. Just out of the finances right now. She put in a lot of raffle tickets on the nano tanks at reefstock. Even said if she won the tank it was "her's" Of course she wont do the maintenance on any of "her" fresh water tanks. Doubt that will change with the reef.

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is coming along. Finally able to start adding coral. Finding a "Happy" place for each piece. Candy cane is getting moved to the side section soon as I get some Digi and Acro for the slope. Wife has of course given me a shopping list of preferred colors lol

post-90150-0-71747600-1458482600_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Fourthwind

Tank update. Three months and tank is very strong. Now the patience game really begins. grow my pretties.. groooooow Going to leave this one alone for awhile, and start playing with an anemone only tank for a pack of clowns. I want about 10 of the goofy critters LOL

post-90150-0-49559300-1464144180_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

When ever my Wife Complains about my Aquariums, I point to the Piano in the Living Room, they one that is setting where the Floor was Reinforced for my new Aquarium in our New House. That's the one she was going to get lessons on, but never did, that was over 35 years ago.