Top Shelf Aquatics

Leather is for Lovers Thread!

FlowerMama

:lol:

:wub: where the hell do I buy that :lol: ?

I don't know. But I feel I started something, just don't know if you or Stella are gonna get to it first!!!!

• Like 2

:wub: where the hell do I buy that :lol: ?

If you find it, you're sure as hell not gonna tell me, are you? ;)

I don't know. But I feel I started something, just don't know if you or Stella are gonna get to it first!!!!

:lol: My money's on Lawn.

• Like 1

Wow this site has MANY yellow leathers, among dozens of other types

http://www.aquariumcreationsonline.net/softcoral.html

I saw that site but I question how true those colors are. Certainly the blue looks awesome but how real is that? So far I see so many things that go like this...green leather and the pic shows pink, or white and it turned out to be yellow, too hard to tell. I want that blue IF it's going to be that blue.

• Like 3

I started my Sinularia with a small, i would say 5-6" frag and we thought it would be cute to put it on one of my Buddhas (statue) hand- it got so big and it split 2 times that we had to take it out..

I don't know if you can see it in the picture below.

post-90072-0-88048100-1457239783_thumb.jpg

post-90072-0-64783300-1457240301_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I saw that site but I question how true those colors are. Certainly the blue looks awesome but how real is that? So far I see so many things that go like this...green leather and the pic shows pink, or white and it turned out to be yellow, too hard to tell. I want that blue IF it's going to be that blue.

Thats one of the most frustrating things to me about this hobby. I remember how awesome all the corals looked at my first frag swap, and how different they looked in my tank. I have a mini maxi that looks like a plain green nem with my lights on, but with the lights off and a flashlight shining on it, its red and purple...

• Like 3

If you find it, you're sure as hell not gonna tell me, are you? ;)

:lol: My money's on Lawn.

This thread is bad for my budget... I had a whole order ready to go, then I remembered I have to pay taxes next month :( So I better hold off...

I just paid mine on top of estimated payments I feel your pain.
  • Like 3

I started my Sinularia with a small, i would say 5-6" frag and we thought it would be cute to put it on one of my Buddhas (statue) hand- it got so big and it split 2 times that we had to take it out..

That's really cool!

I just paid mine on top of estimated payments I feel your pain.

Yeah, this was my first year fully self employed and I just assumed (like an idiot) that taxes would be similar to last year...I failed to realize how much more money I made this year. Great that my business is growing, sucks that I owe almost 7k...

• Like 3

I love that leather island! I was always under the impression leathers/softies were looked down on. Now I don't feel so bad about my tank plans :)

Most people like LPS and SPS. I got tired of chasing testing #'s and decided to go back to leathers and softies.

Is that a linckia star?

Yes lived about 2 weeks :lol:
  • Like 3

My same thoughts PDR. I love that leather island. It's sweet. I'm just really going to have to think out this tank for placement. I like the island look but I also know I need rock flowers and they like rocks too.

And when you get something like nepthea, how do you attach the stalk?

• Like 2

How fast did it grow from a 5-6" frag to larger? Is it worth me getting the smaller size if they all grow so fast?

• Like 2

How fast did it grow from a 5-6" frag to larger? Is it worth me getting the smaller size if they all grow so fast?

It took us about a year to get it that size...

How much are the frags going for now?

It took us about a year to get it that size...

How much are the frags going for now?

Generally seems I'm seeing things listed as small, med, large 40, 60, 70 & up.

It would be nice to see one of each kind all in one aquarium at an lfs so you know they're different colors, not under a blue light at this one, then a white one at another.

My green sinularia started as a 2" frag. Its probably doubled in width and grown another 1" in the last 2 months.

I'd say an inch a month is fast.

• Like 2

I'd say an inch a month is fast.

Yeah most of that growth has been in the last 30 days. My zoas are growing like crazy as well. I just looked at some old pictures and I have zoa colonies that have easily doubled in size in 2 months.

• Like 1

I really enjoy watching your predators among the gorgs and leathers. Jut a beautiful combination.

Thank you! Kind of an odd combo, but I think it works! :D

If they can do 2 day shipping I would be interested :)

Again, the wonders of leathers! I sent one to Polar that USPS lost and it didn't show up for 4 days. Its doing wonderfully :)

When I ship, the softies and blue sponge will be going USPS priority in those bubble wrap lined plastic envelopes in urine specimen cups without heat packs. Its going to be the easiest shipping ever!