Top Shelf Aquatics

Aiptasias

CD_Scapes

This might sound like a sin to everyone here but... I want to know how to keep Aiptasias in a 1/2 gallon cylinder with no filter, what do they eat? Do they need heat? What about aeration? Also where could I get some?

SantaMonica

They need nutrients (nitrate, phosphate, etc).

Offer to come remove them from other people's tanks :)

scottsdale454ss

They will live in a closed jar with no light for over a year. So do whatever you want and theyll be fine lol

Room temperature and mild aeration are good. A little light and a little nutrients are also good. But most importantly, the secret to a thriving Aiptasia colony is to try your best to kill them off, they will see it as a challenge and show you how they can survive anything you throw at them.

I have a 5 gallon bucket that have not changed water in about 1 year...and has a ball of chaeto only and a few used floss filters I threw in a year ago for food... I give it a cheap cfl lite at night, warm basement near our furnace and top evaporated water off when I remember.... 3years now and apisia is just fine,,,,, some bristle worms in the mix too. No aeration.

Okay, but I want to feed them, will 63 degree water work? I will put in a airstone and a desk lamp over the tank. It will have a piece of live rock, 1/2 inch of sand and a hermit crab

Archived