Cultivated Reef

Coral Placement?

bashment

Hello everyone. Still new to the hobby and needing some help with coral placement that will do well for the coral and still look aesthetically pleasing. I am currently buying corals, due to me simply liking how they look, but i have no real game plan on placement. So i tried making a visual map of what I want in the tank and where I think they will do well. I definitely want to add a Toadstool coral, Candy Cane, and a green nepthea. My tank is a 20 gal IM Nuvo Fusion. I would like to know how you think this layout looks. I have spots marked "??????" where I have no idea what to put in there. I am open to ANY and ALL suggestions!

Here is a link to my build so far: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/369120-bashments-20g-im-nuvo-fusion/

coral%20placement_zpsvmbpa6za.jpg

Nano sapiens

Great that you have taken the time to do this.

Personally, I think this looks pretty good. A lot will depend on your light source, intensity, flow characteristics, so some tweeking will likely be necessary.

I'd be mindful of the Elegance Coral. I'd strongly suggest an Aussie one or one that's been bred in captivity (Indo imports often have issues).

Great that you have taken the time to do this.

Personally, I think this looks pretty good. A lot will depend on your light source, intensity, flow characteristics, so some tweeking will likely be necessary.

I'd be mindful of the Elegance Coral. I'd strongly suggest an Aussie one or one that's been bred in captivity (Indo imports often have issues).

thank you for the prompt response. I am currently using a MaxSpect Razor R420r M160000. Any suggestions on what i should place in the "?????????" would the toadstool, candycane and green napthea go well in any of those areas?

Nano sapiens

thank you for the prompt response. I am currently using a MaxSpect Razor R420r M160000. Any suggestions on what i should place in the "?????????" would the toadstool, candycane and green napthea go well in any of those areas?

It's really hard to say since I don't know what the PAR levels would be for those locations. All three you mentioned would benefit from a good amount of light, but should be okay in moderate light (#2)

Other alternatives might be Blastomussa or Leptoseris for the lower light areas (#1 and #3) and Acan Lords for area with more moderate light (#2)

Archived