Pod Your Reef

Feature request?

JCase

Would it be possible to have random storms?

Maybe set the number of random storms to happen each day, with maybe a checkbox for storms to occur only during the day, or over 24 hours.

I think it would be cool to have a random storm happen instead of having to start it.

jedimasterben

This is already a feature. Enable storms and it will happen basically in real time with your simulated location.

This is already a feature. Enable storms and it will happen basically in real time with your simulated location.

So if there is a storm in Bora Bora RIGHT NOW your lights would be mimicking it? Because I feel like he is wondering if it can be more random than relying on actual events.

Also where does it pull the data from for weather?

I know with the old Storm controller, you can set a relative frequency of storms and it will happen randomly. Really cool feature to watch the tank go all actinic randomly, especially when you have friends over.

jedimasterben

So if there is a storm in Bora Bora RIGHT NOW your lights would be mimicking it? Because I feel like he is wondering if it can be more random than relying on actual events.

Also where does it pull the data from for weather?

That is correct, it does it in real time. I don't think that it can get more 'random' than what is actually happening.

It pulls its data from Wunderground.

That is correct, it does it in real time. I don't think that it can get more 'random' than what is actually happening.

It pulls its data from Wunderground.

So it pulls old data? Because my lights don't come on until noon and off at 10pm. Would it act like it was 7am there?

jedimasterben

So it pulls old data? Because my lights don't come on until noon and off at 10pm. Would it act like it was 7am there?

Yes, it pulls whatever the current data is from Wunderground, so right now it is 8:20AM in Bora Bora and heavy rain, and here it is 1:20PM and my lights have been on since 11AM, and the Bluefish would have a storm going if I had that enabled, but it doesn't play nice with my current light lol.

Yes, it pulls whatever the current data is from Wunderground, so right now it is 8:20AM in Bora Bora and heavy rain, and here it is 1:20PM and my lights have been on since 11AM, and the Bluefish would have a storm going if I had that enabled, but it doesn't play nice with my current light lol.

Ya so if you turn your lights on at 11am your time that makes it 6am their time. So basically you are mimicking their day just later inYOUR day haha. Guess you have to pick the right location to mimic otherwise it wouldn't work too well.

I seem to get weather patterns in the tank's morning. not so much the afternoon. I have had moring storms, and morning clouds, but later in the day for me it is stable.

I'm talking about setting x number of storms per day. Then randomly those storms will happen. So if you set 4 storms you get 4 randomly per day. The checkbox I refered to would limit those storms to be either random over 24 hours or toggle the checkbox to have them only occur when you have your lights on. Example 8am to 10pm is your lighting schedule only storms between those hours or anytime over 24 hours.

Another question regarding updates...

How does an updated get loaded to the bluefish controller?

Is it a Rom type of flash that has to be done manually or does the smartphone app handle it?

jedimasterben

Another question regarding updates...

How does an updated get loaded to the bluefish controller?

Is it a Rom type of flash that has to be done manually or does the smartphone app handle it?

It's done in the background via the Electric Imp servers that the Bluefish connects directly to, so there is no user interaction.

Archived