ReefCleaners.org

Ice Cap K2-50 First look !

Herbie

If not shoot me a pm, I got the money ready lol

Will do but I'm really hoping not to. But if it doesn't fit where I want I will pm you before even posting it.

Cencalfishguy56

Will do but I'm really hoping not to. But if it doesn't fit where I want I will pm you before even posting it.

Sounds good, looks like a badass skimmer so I hope t works out for you

Sounds good, looks like a badass skimmer so I hope t works out for you

While you secretly cross your fingers it doesn't lol.

Thanks I hope it works too. Still hoping for herbie to measure but I saw stock was low or sold out most places so I pulled the trigger with high hopes

Cencalfishguy56

While you secretly cross your fingers it doesn't lol.

Thanks I hope it works too. Still hoping for herbie to measure but I saw stock was low or sold out most places so I pulled the trigger with high hopes

exactly lol

OK , exact measurements are in ...............

Took my K50 out of the sump for this !

These are the measurements for the K50 only !

Total height sitting on base/pump, NOT including the air silencer is - 18" Silencer can really be mounted anywhere, I had mine hanging off the edge of the sump, and not connected to the top of the skimmer .

Total depth (front to back) is - 3.5"

Total width (side to side, INCLUDING the gate valve ) is - 5" . Now way to get around this ..........the adjustment knob, and holder on the side of the skimmer that holds said knob is not removable , and adds to the overall measurement .

Looks like this may work for you Rpc07 ??? You will have to try it to see .

Hope that helps .........

Herbie

• Like 1

Dude your awesome. Thank you so much it's really appreciated. 18" height should sit just under my rear lid and still be able to close. I'll need to do a little trimming of the back chamber but I think this just may work. And side not I already pulled the trigger and ordered the skimmer earlier today hoping the numbers would come back in my favor!

Again I appreciate you going through the trouble of measuring everything.

My biocube is going to be 10lbs of **** packed in a 5lb bag lol.

First chamber will be the heater, second chamber will be intank media basket and skimmer and third chamber holds. Ato sensor and top off line, return pump and im desktop minimax reactor

• 1 month later...

i have it on a 20L with a 10G sump, it's overkill but I plan to have an overstocked tank

It's okay, I got a Simplicity DC 120 to go on a 12G display/10G sump lol. No such thing as overkill. :)

Cencalfishguy56

overstocking is just too much fun hahaha

lol a reef is supposed to me full of life!! Haha

It's okay, I got a Simplicity DC 120 to go on a 12G display/10G sump lol. No such thing as overkill. :)

now that's just sexy lol ;)
  • Like 2

lol a reef is supposed to me full of life!! Haha

now that's just sexy lol ;)

I couldn't find a K2-50 in stock anywhere and I had a 15% off w/ free shipping code, I had no chance of resisting.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

I couldn't find a K2-50 in stock anywhere and I had a 15% off w/ free shipping code, I had no chance of resisting.

i couldn't either, but Herbie hit me up that he was selling his and we worked out a deal so he wouldn't take so much a hit on shipping but love this little skimmer, it's already producing a light skim mate and I barely turned it on a few days ago
Cencalfishguy56

I got mine off amazon (listed as from icecap), but shipped from SaltwaterAquarium.com. Seems like they still have a bunch on Amazon

yea everywhere is back in stock but when they were first launched they were hard to come by
  • 3 weeks later...
Cencalfishguy56

image_zpsckabtal3.jpeg

Hey guys just an update for everyone looking to buy one of these bad boys! This is a weeks worth of skim, I'm sure it'll be more once I transfer my clowns over but it took a little over two weeks to really get things going! Awesome skimmer for sure

What size tank do you have it on?

Cencalfishguy56

I agree. Here is mine after only 2-3 days. For a smaller skimmer this thing is a beast.

4115DAC8-4867-4F47-A1F7-57FD466D3316.jpg

yea dude this thing is a beast for sure! Pulls out some thick dark sticky icky!
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all. My first post. Thanks for starting this thread. :) After reading everyone's post and doing some research, I decided to go with the Ice Cap line of skimmers. I ordered the K2-200 and the K2-50. K2-50 scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to get them into the tanks... :D

• 5 months later...

Great looking little skimmer. Saw one in person (not running) and was quite impressed with the build quality and simple function of such a small skimmer. Looks like a wee little beast!

• 4 months later...