Pod Your Reef

2 ID's

klagos

On my green zoos, there are occasionally little black things coming from their centers. I drew these in on the picture because my camera didn't pick them up, but that's what they look like. Any ideas?

Secondly, I can't get a decent picture, but there is a 1/4 inch white nudibranch thing crawling around. It is virtually flat with two little antennae. There are no other markings, just all white. Any obvious thoughts? He doesn't seem to be bothering anything and he is always on the glass.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rock on.

Not sure about the first but the second sounds like a stomatella snail. I've got a few in my tank and they are very good at eating algea and keeping the glass clean. Good critters.

Pretty Zoo.

Don't worry when they are pooping. :P

For snail thing, not sure without pic. It could be what Jennie said and its good if it is. Your description somewhat match with flastworm. so... please post your picture, for correct identification. you may check out what you've got at reefimages.com

You know, i had a feeling it was coral poop, but thought it sounded too stupid to suggest. Thanks. I don't think it is a flatworm, but I am still investigating.

overgrownaquatics

I have a couple of those white things in my tank. They remind me of little white-sheet-ghosts! I believe they are "bubble snails" which if I am not mistaken are a type of nudibranch. Very cool to watch them glide around. They eat algae and stuff.

Archived