inTank Media Baskets

Rolyat's IM Fusion 10 New FTS 2.20.17

rolyat113

Too bad about the torch :-(... Hopefully it will pull through!

How is grumpy fish doing?

I got some bad news about the fusion, was hoping to set one up until our house is finished and i can place my bigger tank, but it's just to expensive here in Belgium...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad about the torch :-(... Hopefully it will pull through!

How is grumpy fish doing?

I got some bad news about the fusion, was hoping to set one up until our house is finished and i can place my bigger tank, but it's just to expensive here in Belgium...

Grumpy fish is doing well! He's been exploring the tank a lot more finding other places to hide. Still prefers his little cave though. He's definitely much more bold now.

Grumpy fish is doing well! He's been exploring the tank a lot more finding other places to hide. Still prefers his little cave though. He's definitely much more bold now.

Glad to hear grumpy is doing super. He's such a beautiful little fish.

You decided on buying a skimmer yet?

Glad to hear grumpy is doing super. He's such a beautiful little fish.

You decided on buying a skimmer yet?

I decided not to spend money on it yet. If I add a skimmer I'll have to get the smaller cobalt heater, and rearrange some stuff. I'll probably add it later on down the road once I add a couple more fish and save some more money.

Are there any other similar options for you there in Belgium?

I decided not to spend money on it yet. If I add a skimmer I'll have to get the smaller cobalt heater, and rearrange some stuff. I'll probably add it later on down the road once I add a couple more fish and save some more money.

Are there any other similar options for you there in Belgium?

Decided what fish you are going to add?

The only thing that comes close is the aqua medic yasha, just like the fusion much better. (Btw: i put the prices in my slow mo build thread)

Decided what fish you are going to add?

The only thing that comes close is the aqua medic yasha, just like the fusion much better. (Btw: i put the prices in my slow mo build thread)

My stocking plan is still up in the air for now.

Just got home to find grumpy fish dead and stuck to the mp10. Not sure if he got sucked onto it and died or if he died and floated up there... Either way the foam guard is going on just in case. I'm super sad... I don't know what happened!! I'll test the water again here shortly. Water tests from last night were fine, so idk...

Your tank looks great! Sorry about the fish and torch though =[
When I first started mine, I also lost a few fish and a couple torches. I got a nice bi-color hammer instead and that's been doing amazing for probably half a year now. Always fully extended. Not sure why my torches kept melting away..

Your tank looks great! Sorry about the fish and torch though =[

When I first started mine, I also lost a few fish and a couple torches. I got a nice bi-color hammer instead and that's been doing amazing for probably half a year now. Always fully extended. Not sure why my torches kept melting away..

Maybe torches are a little more difficult? Idk... my hammer and everything else is doing amazing! If the water tests ok, I'm going to check out a couple LFS tonight for maybe a replacement for grumpy. Thanks for the compliment.

Oh no... Sorry to hear this Rolyat. He was such a beatiful fish... I always hate it when i lose a fish. Especially if you really don't know why...

I know TSB's can be difficult at first but once they settle, they are really a hardy fish.

Oh no... Sorry to hear this Rolyat. He was such a beatiful fish... I always hate it when i lose a fish. Especially if you really don't know why...

I know TSB's can be difficult at first but once they settle, they are really a hardy fish.

I read they were hardy as well... Can't decide if I should wait for the LFS to get another or maybe try something different. I'll probably just wait because they're so cool! I thought he was doing fine. Was eating brine shrimp as well as pellets. He always seemed to have a fat belly, so I don't think he starved. Maybe he just got stuck to the MP10... Idk. The foam guard is on now, so maybe that'll keep this from ever happening again.

Depends on what the future stocking plans are. I would get another TSB just because they are my favorite fish :-).

I also like a little gobiodon okinawae, great color and great personality.

On what setting is the mp10, always thought tsb's are good swimmers... If i'm correct i remember teeny's tsb sometimes crawled in the mp10 when it was on feed mode or switched off.

Alright, so I hit up the LFS and came home with something new...

pygmy%20perchlet%203.17.16.jpg

Geometric pygmy perchlet

I've wanted one for a bit, but they seem to be pretty difficult to find. Found this one! Another TSB may be in order down the road, but this guy looked just right. He was acclimated/dripped and is now hiding behind my rocks in the dragons breath.

Sorry about the grumpy fish :(

But the new guy is awesome! My lfs had one in a few months ago and I was soooo tempted to get him, especially at $19.99! But I was strong and kept reminding myself that I already have too many fish as it is :D

Sorry about the grumpy fish :(

But the new guy is awesome! My lfs had one in a few months ago and I was soooo tempted to get him, especially at $19.99! But I was strong and kept reminding myself that I already have too many fish as it is :D

I was and still am sad about grumpy fish.. He was so cool! Maybe another in the future...

I'm excited for the perchlet though! Hopefully he won't be too hidey.. $19.99 is great! This was $33, which didn't seem too awful for such a cool fish.

He is an awesome looking fish. Like that top fin he's got.

I think it's supposed to turn more yellow. Time will tell. He's definitely not as "cute" as grumpy.

FTS%203.20.16.jpg

FTS 3.20.16

Perchlet%203.20.16.jpg

Geometric Perchlet

-Update on the tank-

Torch coral officially passed on to the other side... Sad day. Guess I pick up another at Coralcon this weekend. The new perchlet is doing well. I saw him eat a bit of brine the other day. Didn't seem interested in pellets, so I ordered some flake which the LFS owner said he was eating. Got a little premature and picked up a small clown at another LFS. He was all alone in the tank and I just couldn't say no. Oddly he seems to really like the very front of the tank, and he is a bugger to take a photo of. I tried for quite a while but couldn't get anything in focus. I'll have to work on my clown photography (that sounds weird.) Tank is super clear today after my two gallon water change though!

I think I've decided to make this tank themed more towards movement. So I'll be in the market for another torch, a duncan and some GSP another local reefer is going to give me. I plan to add at least one more RFA next to the current one as well as many more ricordia for the front "garden" I've got started. I'm going to move the acan and replace it with more zoas. That rock will be a really cool place for them I think. I'd like to add at least one more acan (rainbow or something orange or red.) Not sure where they'll go.

A mangrove or two in the middle section of the back area would be cool. Any ideas on placing them there?

I got an extension for my "new" lens which brings it to actual 1:1 macro. It's slightly harder to use, and you must be super close to the tank. I can only seem to focus on things very close to the front of the tank. Here are a few photos I took with it.

Hermit%203.19.16.jpg

RFA%203.19.16.jpg

Ric%203.19.16.jpg

Placed my first order with KP Aquatics tonight. Ordered another hermit, a red mithrax crab, harlequin serpent star, and a merman's shaving brush. Excited to add a few more things to the tank! Also hoping I can get saturday off so I can go to Coralcon and maybe pick up a frag or two...

I bought my harlequin and red sea star from KPA, and my first 2 urchins. Both awesome. They both started nano size and quickly grew larger. Mine I believe eat my snails out of the shells. They like escargo. They hide during the day in the rockwork and come out at night or while lights off. You'll love 'em.

20150808_205806_zpsf65oefbg.jpg

20150726_145321_zpshpu0jokl.jpg

Sorry to hear about the torch. My first fish and coral died while in my fusion too. Your tank is coming along nicely though! And good luck with the new additions

I bought my harlequin and red sea star from KPA, and my first 2 urchins. Both awesome. They both started nano size and quickly grew larger. Mine I believe eat my snails out of the shells. They like escargo. They hide during the day in the rockwork and come out at night or while lights off. You'll love 'em.

20150808_205806_zpsf65oefbg.jpg

20150726_145321_zpshpu0jokl.jpg

I'll be ok if I MUST give more business to reefcleaners. I tend to overfeed at times, so I think a star will be a good addition. I almost added the red brittle star because they look awesome but decided against it for now. I can always add one later!

Sorry to hear about the torch. My first fish and coral died while in my fusion too. Your tank is coming along nicely though! And good luck with the new additions

I was quite disappointed! Honestly I'm just glad everything else is doing so well since the tank is so new. It's so interesting to me just watching the smallest things, like the zoas start to attach to the rocks, and the acan start to develop new heads.

I still can't decide where I should move the acan. I want that side of the rock to be all zoas, so I'm still watching for a new place for it. I might just trade it for credit at my LFS and have no acans. They're so cool though.

I'll be ok if I MUST give more business to reefcleaners. I tend to overfeed at times, so I think a star will be a good addition. I almost added the red brittle star because they look awesome but decided against it for now. I can always add one later!

I was quite disappointed! Honestly I'm just glad everything else is doing so well since the tank is so new. It's so interesting to me just watching the smallest things, like the zoas start to attach to the rocks, and the acan start to develop new heads.

I still can't decide where I should move the acan. I want that side of the rock to be all zoas, so I'm still watching for a new place for it. I might just trade it for credit at my LFS and have no acans. They're so cool though.

The placement game is my worst enemy lol

Went to a frag show today and picked up a couple new things. Didn't take a lot of photos, but I'll add what I did take.

Zoa%203.26.16.jpg

Octospawn%203.26.16.jpg

Monti%20digi%203.26.16.jpg

Also, on one of my cerith snails there are at least three bivalve looking things. Can anyone ID this??

Weird%20bivalve%203.26.16.jpg

Archived