Innovative Marine Aquariums

Rolyat's IM Fusion 10 New FTS 2.20.17

rolyat113

Has Grumpy found a home he wants to back into? Always found it cute when they do that. In my head I hear the reversing lights of construction equipment when they do that.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Grumpy found a home he wants to back into? Always found it cute when they do that. In my head I hear the reversing lights of construction equipment when they do that.

He found it within 5 minutes of being added to the tank! He has a little cave on the left lower rock he retreats to if I get too scary. Lately to my delight, he mostly stays out exploring the tank. Easily my favorite fish so far!

It was the 2nd fish I ever bought and he unfortunately was scared of my clowns and pretty much starved to death. I tried to put food for him but as the clowns went near, he backed up. If I put the clowns in my 40 then I I'll buy a tsb or a two spot blenny in my 10. I wonder if I could put both.

Looking great! Snap a photo with the light in the FTS and I will share on IG and FB.

-Dave

25469259830_dede30c0b7_k.jpgETS 3.13.16 by taylor Stucker, on Flickr

How is this Dave?

It was the 2nd fish I ever bought and he unfortunately was scared of my clowns and pretty much starved to death. I tried to put food for him but as the clowns went near, he backed up. If I put the clowns in my 40 then I I'll buy a tsb or a two spot blenny in my 10. I wonder if I could put both.

Hmmm I don't like the sound of that. I was going to put a pair of clowns in this tank. I wonder if he will have a problem with them? He was the first fish, so maybe not? Were your clowns already in when you added the TSB? I have a local guy looking for a pink streaked wrasse for me. When I get that I may stop adding fish.

And a few more photos...

25675722911_ffec046a53_k.jpgGrumpy Fish 3.13.16 by taylor Stucker, on Flickr

25470152060_63d073c7c2_k.jpgGrumpy Fish 3.13.16 by taylor Stucker, on Flickr

25649916822_943a896e5d_k.jpgGrumpy Fish 3.13.16 by taylor Stucker, on Flickr

25675772731_d1fe1af613_k.jpgGrumpy Fish 3.13.16 by taylor Stucker, on Flickr

25675811851_c9a225206d_k.jpgGrumpy Fish 3.13.16 by taylor Stucker, on Flickr

I'm having rouble getting the true colors of the "gold torch". This is the best I can get so far. It's still pretty small and the tentacles aren't that long yet I guess.

This lens that I got isn't actually full 1:1 macro. I'm going to buy the extension ring for it tonight and see what the photos can look like at full 1:1. Please let me know if there are any obvious things I could do different with my photos. I'm leaving them fairly blue to show the awesome colors.

Similar thing has been happening to me...I have one clown in this tank and I think he has been the cause of atleast four deaths....very aggressive with food and space...in my opinion...if I could do it over again I would've went with a tsb and a firefish.....clowns can really be quite aggressive sometimes

Similar thing has been happening to me...I have one clown in this tank and I think he has been the cause of atleast four deaths....very aggressive with food and space...in my opinion...if I could do it over again I would've went with a tsb and a firefish.....clowns can really be quite aggressive sometimes

This is too bad... what was the order of fish added. From what I've read, if I add the clowns last I'll have less or no issue with them being dominate. I had no issue in my 12 gallon nano cube, and a couple other tanks I'm subscribed to here have no issues. My alternatives to clowns would be a royal gramma. I have time to research though since I haven't heard back about the pink streaked wrasse. I'm in no hurry to stock this tank with fish.

Oh, and here's another video. (enjoy the cheesy youtube music and ignore the algae which I didn't clean today)

So as of now... after trying to integrate a Firefish a blue yellow tailed damsel a blue neon goby and a Hecters goby...I've given up on finding Nemo a friend

So as of now... after trying to integrate a Firefish a blue yellow tailed damsel a blue neon goby and a Hecters goby...I've given up on finding Nemo a friend

That's too bad! I really like the way clowns swim. It's so unique compared to all the other options. I'll probably still give it a try. Worse case I'll trade the clowns in for something different...

The clown and the blue yellowed tail damsel were first....they lasted together about 8 months and then all of a sudden the damsel was dead... it was the weirdest thing because he had no marks on his scales and he had been eating fine for a long time so I'm not sure what had actually killed him I can only suspect it was the clown because the same thing happened with four other fish but the clown still remains

My clowns were in the 34g first, I took down the Evolve8 and then put him and his buddy 6-line. They were happy together. Well, the tsb died and the 6line jumped. I have another 6line now in with Gertie.

They are awesome and so colorful. I'm happy it's good in the tank w/ Gertie because in a tank with rock flowers he steals the food I place on their tentacles.

FTS%20Close%203.13.16.jpg

FTS 3.13.16 Taken after my water change.

Looks great!!!!! A gold torch is even better :). Keep an eye on it to make sure it's not getting shocked from too much light. If it's not expanding as much as it used to you will need to shade it from the intensity of the NB or drop the percentages down on the light and slowly bring them back up.

Looks great!!!!! A gold torch is even better :). Keep an eye on it to make sure it's not getting shocked from too much light. If it's not expanding as much as it used to you will need to shade it from the intensity of the NB or drop the percentages down on the light and slowly bring them back up.

I've been keeping an eye on it. I had it on the next lower rock for a week before I moved it up top. It seems to be doing well up there so far.

Rolyat, saw your pic of your tank on Nano-Box ad, looked great!

Thanks!

Ok, so upon further inspection, the torch is actually melting... Maybe the light, maybe something else? I looked at it as close as I could and didn't see any pests with the naked eye. The center still looks ok.. but the sides are melting away. RTN I guess it's called? Please let me know what you think. I'll do some research myself.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

That's the gold torch? :(

You moved it to the sand right? Keep it down there and hopefully it can recover!!!!! I thought it was looking like it was not liking all the light up there. You have a NB light? They are INTENSE!

That's the gold torch? :(

You moved it to the sand right? Keep it down there and hopefully it can recover!!!!! I thought it was looking like it was not liking all the light up there. You have a NB light? They are INTENSE!

I guess I just didn't look at it close enough *doh*. Time will tell. Hopefully it'll recover, and I'll then place it somewhere else lower. Still trying to decide where I want to place everything.

Oh no. I better really be careful with my light when I get it.

It is incredibly bright for sure! Everything else looks amazing today. I think my issue was placement. I'll have to find something else a little more light demanding to place on the top. Maybe a plating monti...

It is incredibly bright for sure! Everything else looks amazing today. I think my issue was placement. I'll have to find something else a little more light demanding to place on the top. Maybe a plating monti...

Maybe a yellow, er tan, er who knows, black or blue fiji leather.

I guess I just didn't look at it close enough *doh*. Time will tell. Hopefully it'll recover, and I'll then place it somewhere else lower. Still trying to decide where I want to place everything.

You can have it up there, but you have to acclimate it to that spot. Either turn your intensity down or shade it with window screen material if you have a top. It just looked so good up there :D.

You can have it up there, but you have to acclimate it to that spot. Either turn your intensity down or shade it with window screen material if you have a top. It just looked so good up there :D.

I agree!! I'll put it back on the middle rock when it starts to recover. Give it much more time and then back to the top and reduce lighting intensity for a bit. Lots of options still.

Little update. The torch is not open hardly at all today. I'm afraid it may not make it, which is sad because I really like the colors. The vendor I got it from will be at Coralcon here in The Springs next Saturday though, so I may be able to pick up another. Everything else looks great. Cleaner shrimp #2 molted last night. That's about it.

Archived