Cultivated Reef

Alexey's Shallow 30x30x12 - New Acro Colonies !

Berlibee

Does the kessil help to give the corals that extra pop? I am using a halide with a14k Phoenix bulb but want to add something for extra pop and have thought about a kessil

6 hours ago, jstuver said:

Does the kessil help to give the corals that extra pop? I am using a halide with a14k Phoenix bulb but want to add something for extra pop and have thought about a kessil

It is yes, I think it would be a nice option for you. ;)

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Thats some amazing growth for a little over 2 months !!! That Acro (Tenuis ? ) looks awesome. 

hehehe ... ;) 

Yes! Blue Tip Tenius, you're right. I like it as well, I hope it will make to a large colony one day.

Got some new colonies! After a few days they are happy and very open at the night, photo under T5 + Kessil during the day:

WWC Plasma Acropora and Garf Bonsai Acropora

Garf_Bonsai_Acropora001.JPEG?format=1500

Garf_Bonsai_Acropora002.JPEG?format=1500

WWC_Plasma_Acropora001.JPEG?format=1500w

WWC_Plasma_Acropora002.JPEG?format=1500w

:wub:

• Like 4

After that, I saw positive results from Cnseekatz I've decided to switch one MP10 to Gyre 230 as well. It is a very nice and compact pump and super powerful indeed. I was afraid about the noise that many people reported but it is very quite. We can say if MP10 is a fly, Gyre is a bumblebee, it is not silent but we can't call it loud as well. At this moment I run it at 60% - 6 seconds pulses 24/7. And MP10 at 100% - 6 second pulses. Will see how corals will react with time, from the first look some corals really like it and have extra PE but some did close. I'll wait about two weeks and see if it needs adjustments. 

giphy.gif

:haha:

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
MrNanoReef
4 hours ago, Berlibee said:

Yes, I have some left. Milka, Blue Tennius, this colony as well. But I never shipped. :)

WWC_Plasma_Acropora001.JPEG?format=1500w

Oh well, i was looking for frags. Good luck though with the transfer, assuming :)

• Like 1
ninjamyst
14 hours ago, Berlibee said:

At this moment thinking Reefer 250, 350. :) Not sure yet.

Do 350 or bigger.  250 dimension is a little weird.  The longer length of 350 looks a lot nicer.  

• Like 2
pokerdobe
6 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Do 350 or bigger.  250 dimension is a little weird.  The longer length of 350 looks a lot nicer.  

I have the 250 and I agree. 250 dimensions leave a lot of be desired. 

• 1 month later...