Coral Vue Hydros

Alexey's Shallow 30x30x12 - New Acro Colonies !

Berlibee

Is it still somewhat contained? I think it might be Bryopsis... Not good

Take the rock out, scrape the algae off and try to get some of the rock as well to get rid of the anchors, then put some peroxide on it, let it sit for a few minutes, rinse in SW put back in the tank and see what it does...

• Like 1

Yeah, Bryopsis. Try to remove as much as you can manually. Seeing as the tank is new it may just be growing as part of the 'new tank syndrome' but you want to get on top of bryopsis.

• Like 1

Yeah, Bryopsis. Try to remove as much as you can manually. Seeing as the tank is new it may just be growing as part of the 'new tank syndrome' but you want to get on top of bryopsis.

Ok, thanks. Well it is on the rocks from the previous system. It was there before. :happy:

It looks just like my culpera please tell me my LFS didn't sell me a bad plant. Lmao

Lol indeed I just googled and it looks very similar. Maybe it is Culpera and this is not so bad? :lol:

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. Well it is on the rocks from the previous system. It was there before. :happy:

Lol indeed I just googled and it looks very similar. Maybe it is Culpera and this is not so bad? :lol:

It might not be bad, but do you want to take the risk? Once bryopsis takes over it is a huge pain

• Like 1

1 Month Update: :haha:

Everything looks good, cyano is gone from the three new pieces of the rocks that I've added after the transfer and coralline started to grow on them. During the day a few of brown algae is visible on the sand but I think it is related to the Zeovit dosing I will need to check it later. Zoas are much more open now and looks like they're recovering after the stress, new frags are growing and happy open with nice PE.

Params:

Ca 470

Alk 7.0

No3 1-2

Mg 1290

K 400

po4 0.03

1month_001.jpg?format=2500w

1month_002.jpg?format=2500w

1month_003.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 2

Damn,so much has changed since I stopped by last. Everything looking amazing,that's for sure. How is the Bryopsis coming along ? Hopefully it died off as the tank grows older,mine unfortunately did not.. I'm sure with the tank being on Zeo,not much algae will stay around too long.

• Like 2

Damn,so much has changed since I stopped by last. Everything looking amazing,that's for sure. How is the Bryopsis coming along ? Hopefully it died off as the tank grows older,mine unfortunately did not.. I'm sure with the tank being on Zeo,not much algae will stay around too long.

Thanks man, the Bryopsis - I scrapped all the algae from the rock I can't see it growing anymore. But I have missed some spots will need to do an other cleaning when they grow back. At this moment looks like it is helping. With Zeo looks like everyone are happy and the algae as well hehehe ... :lol:

I just love how these shallow tanks look. It has now become my goal when I move to have one that's built in somehow. They just look so nice!!!

Do it! I was waiting for exactly the same thing for building it. ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday night picked-up my sps pack from a very nice local guy. Here is some photos and names:

:wub:

Frag_Pack.jpg?format=2500w

1. PC Rainbow.

2. ORA Hawkins.

3. JF Sour Twist.

4. VidVid Blue Tort.

5. RR Blue Chip.

6. Tyree Purple Dragon Eyes.

7. BC Upscales Microledoes.

Frag_0154.jpg?format=1500w

Frag_016.jpg?format=1500w

Frag_014.jpg?format=1500w

Frag_013.jpg?format=1500w

Frag_012.jpg?format=1500w

Frag_011.jpg?format=1500w

Frag_017.jpg?format=1500w

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

2 Months Update:

Tank looks happy and healthy! I just follow the dosing schedule and my weekly water changes. Will switch from Tropic Marine Sea Salt to Tropic Marine PRO next week. But this is the only one change, Shaun would be proud of me hahaha .... :lol: It is really hard not to change things. Some photos, taken when all bulbs are ON, true color like you see them in the tank:

Corals_023.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_017.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_019.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_026.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_022.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_020.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_016.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_021.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_014.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_018.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_024.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_013.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_025.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_015.jpg?format=2500w

Corals_027.jpg?format=2500w

2month_003.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 5

So damn clean,those pics are so crisp,Im loving this tank.

How is the bryopsis battle going ?

Thanks man, only one spot left. I will clean it tomorrow with the water change. But where I removed it looks like it is not coming back. :lol: