Coral Vue Hydros

Alexey's Shallow 30x30x12 - New Acro Colonies !

Berlibee

holy smoke those are nice pics. I tried setting up MSB before but gave up cuz I couldn't get the bubbles in the correct position in the return chamber to actually do anything.

Thanks!

I've placed it under the return pump. But you can place it anywhere around as well. Something like 1" around the pump. Also, many people placing it in the prev. chamber that is just before the return chamber. You need to play with it a little bit more I think if you still have all the equipment. Also if bubbles are too large it will not work, you need to adjust it with an air valve to work properly.

;)

• Like 1

I'm back to the full lighting cycle already for about a week, everything looks good and colors are getting better:

Light+Schedule.png?format=2500w

Lighting Schedule 16 hours a day:
2 Hours only Kessil on max blue settings.
2 Hours Kessil + x2 ATI True Actinics.
8 Hours All ON.
2 Hours Kessil + x2 ATI True Actinics.
2 Hours only Kessil on max blue settings.

Thanks!

I've placed it under the return pump. But you can place it anywhere around as well. Something like 1" around the pump. Also, many people placing it in the prev. chamber that is just before the return chamber. You need to play with it a little bit more I think if you still have all the equipment. Also if bubbles are too large it will not work, you need to adjust it with an air valve to work properly.

;)

I put it back =). The problem is just the wood airstone keeps floating up. I tried tying a rock to the air line but I guess I jut need a bigger rock =P.

• Like 1

I put it back =). The problem is just the wood airstone keeps floating up. I tried tying a rock to the air line but I guess I jut need a bigger rock =P.

Ah yes, lol. This is what I did as well first added a rock to hold it. :lol: I've also tried a sucker suction cup that worked well from my glass tube heater that I'm using for mixing salt during the cold periods of the year. If you check on eBay or Amazon for sucker suction cups you can find an option I'm sure that you can attach on the bottom / side and hold the air tube or even a bigger one like I have with the heater to hold the stone itself. Just be sure it is a strong one or it will float back again ... you can also pass the tube under the return pump without air stone and then put the airstone back on the tube like this it will stay just on the side of the return pump and you can control where by the length of the tube.

5-pcs-2016-New-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Tubing

• Like 1

Added BioMate to the dosing schedule. Will start with 2 drops / 25 US gallons every other day to reduce PO4 a little then switch to 2 drops / 25 US gallons twice a week. ;)

zeovitbiomate1_5.jpg

Love the pictures. Im gonna redo my build and take a page off your build.

Thanks! It is so addictive I'm already planning my upgrade lol. Maybe in two years ! The new Red Sea tanks looks very cool. :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Berlibee said:

Glad you like it! Thanks. ;) It is a Canon 5D MIII with Canon 100mm lens.

oi the MKIII I want it sooo bad lol. But I will wait. Photos look awesome!

• Like 1
On 2/22/2017 at 2:02 PM, Berlibee said:

So jealous of you guys and your fancy DSLRs!

• Like 1
On 2/22/2017 at 7:45 PM, Bowen1022 said:

oi the MKIII I want it sooo bad lol. But I will wait. Photos look awesome!

Thanks! :lol:

10 minutes ago, cnseekatz said:

So jealous of you guys and your fancy DSLRs!

Sell some frags and get it! :D

5 Month Update:

The tank is doing good. I just follow my dosing schedule and not doing anything else. Well apart removing some dinos a few times a week. They are still present on the rocks but corals are not affected by it so I don't really care about. I was thinking how to remove manually as much as I can but i was very hard to do. Filter socks doesn't help, blowing them out from the rocks doesn't make sense as well. But which is working really good is to siphon them with a small tube.

I'm using this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002563MW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Enough flow to grab the dino string but not too much so it doesn't become a water change. I can siphon for like 10 mins or so and do a super detailed cleaning with that tube and still have just a little of water removed from the tank and the suction is so weak that you can't damage zoas or other corals while doing it ... you can remove A LOT with that tube.

5 Months current view:

5month_001.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 4
On 2/22/2017 at 5:02 PM, Berlibee said:

Nice!

Have you been to Reef Keepers?  

I was there Saturday! :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Asureef said:

Nice!

Have you been to Reef Keepers?  

I was there Saturday! :)

Thanks, yes I like that place. But man, I don't know how now but before he was focused on selling large colonies and I prefer frags to grow them and sure because it is also cheaper. I shop only at Fintastic now, these guys changed the local market! Best prices ever. ;)

Also he run his tanks at high alk 12 or so and I was always keeping my around 7-8. Each time I bring something from his store it was slowly dying over the next few month. Nothing ever survived in my system from that store for longer that 2 months. It is a very large swing in ALK, but if you run the same should be good sure.

4 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

Thanks, yes I like that place. But man, I don't know how now but before he was focused on selling large colonies and I prefer frags to grow them and sure because it is also cheaper. I shop only at Fintastic now, these guys changed the local market! Best prices ever. ;)

Also he run his tanks at high alk 12 or so and I was always keeping my around 7-8. Each time I bring something from his store it was slowly dying over the next few month. Nothing ever survived in my system from that store for longer that 2 months. It is a very large swing in ALK, but if you run the same should be good sure.

The owner seems pretty cool though.  I got a bird star wrasse from him, he said its been in the tank for months and eats all prepared foods.  He's right, it ate everything I through in the tank today and looks actively healthy.

You go to Fintastic?

I thought that place closed down, or are you talking about a diff. location?