ReefCleaners.org

refurbing lights , trying to decide whats missing

dansReef

Recently my array suffered some losses. Without getting into details I will be replaceing about 20% or so of my leds and 1 of my 100ma LDD drivers.

My question is should I be thinking about adding anything else. Overall Ive been content with my array for the last 2-3 years but it just seems like something is missing. But I am not sure what I could easily add to make up for it. I have recently wondering if adding a few of the 660nm Deep Red to combine with the Turquoise and RB would maybe add a little something. What are your thoughts. would it be worth adding 4 deep red to the below array, 1 in each star close to the turquoise? If I did add them could they/ Should they be run off the same 700MA driver as the 4 Turq? Any suggestions or opinions are welcomed

Im currently running 26 Cree XT-E Royal Blue and 6 XP-E Blue on 3 1000 MA LDD Drivers

8 XT-E 4500K NW on 1 1000MA LDD driver, 4 XT-E 3250 WW on 1 1000 MA LDD Driver

6 Exotic Hyper Violet on 1 700 MA , and 4 Turquoise on 1 700 MA Drive arrange as the attached image

post-79191-0-52392600-1455856425_thumb.png

jedimasterben

Warm white covers more spectrum than deep red and doesn't have the side effect of a disco dance in your tank, IMHO I would not add them.

Archived