SaltCritters.com

FS: Nano conchs (AKA strombus maculatus, dove, columbellid, etc...) snails

mo'smyname

Just wanna pop in and say got my pack yesterday. Were packed like a champ and as soon as I put them in the tank they were off and running. Don't think I'll ever see them again, but have no fears buying.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The list has been kind of a failure. Totally my fault for underestimating the demand, and then compounded by having to wait for the snails to get to a decent size before shipping. Many who wanted to be put on the list have either changed their mind, aren't responding, aren't ready, or have forgotten to pay, and I definitely understand because life happens and things can change in a month+.

I'm going to finish contacting the last few folks on the current list over the next few weeks. If there is continued interest, future packs will be offered on a first come first serve basis when I have enough snails to offer 3-5 packs. I will still make exceptions for folks wanting to trade.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
jamescstein

What could these be all over my tank..

863DA21D-BBB5-47EF-8B40-4D2442EA0778.jpg

Ahh.. my strombus getting busy. Bow chicha wow-wow

79669C6C-985F-49BF-BC2F-BD1A05E18ADD.jpg

How long do these things take to grow up?

• Like 4
jedimasterben

How long do these things take to grow up?

IIRC not too long, a month or two to reach breeding age.

• Like 1
Mariaface

I got my hands on a couple of these (but if I'm still on the list, count me in - I'm all for a little genetic diversity!).

There are fifty babies crawling all over the place. It's beautiful. :wub:

Jealous of you, jamescstein.

I can at any time reliably find three of the original order I got from Moesmyname a few months back and although routinely see egg sacks depositing on glass/behind the heater or filter for some reason they never hatch out.

Suggestions, anyone who's had them breed? (sorry moe, for the minor threadjack).

mo'smyname

Suggestions, anyone who's had them breed? (sorry moe, for the minor threadjack).

If you see egg sacs then conditions and food supply are more than likely good. You probably have more surviving babies than you realize. Babies tend to prefer film algae, so if you clean your glass frequently, they usually won't hang out there. I usually leave the area near egg clusters pretty dirty if it doesn't interfere with my view.

If you see individual white dots in the egg sack, and eventually (after a week or so) a small escape hole in the center of the sack, the babies are more than likely cruising around your tank, you just don't notice them. If you see a pile of white goo collecting in the bottom of the sack, the sack is no longer viable.

Predation could be an issue. My tuxedo urchins regularly mow down egg clusters, and I have a couple ball anemones I can't reach that subsist on small snails. There is a little snail shell grave yard directly underneath their hidey holes.

• Like 1

Ah... then all is well.

There's also a ruby red mandarin in residence that patrols the same areas... it too may be picking them off as several egg sacks have said escape holes.

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...
  • Recommended Discussions