Pod Your Reef

FS: Nano conchs (AKA strombus maculatus, dove, columbellid, etc...) snails

mo'smyname

I'll take some when available and I'll pay more than anyone else.

Yeah, but then you'll stop your paypal payment and start a new thread.

• Like 2

These little guys looks awesome! I'll have to keep my eye out for when you guys get some breeding so I can get in on this!

jamescstein

Just ordered a reef tune up psck from Indo-Pacific Sea Farms and they are throwing 6 strombus in the deal. They don't actually have them for sale right now but he offered to send them to me. Probably to get me to buy the pack but need snails anyway.

I'll take some when available and I'll pay more than anyone else.

Nah, I plan on being fair and honoring the original price and chronologically going down my list for as long as I can, but I think it is my prerogative to give priority to anyone offering trades. Hint. Hint.

Just ordered a reef tune up psck from Indo-Pacific Sea Farms and they are throwing 6 strombus in the deal. They don't actually have them for sale right now but he offered to send them to me. Probably to get me to buy the pack but need snails anyway.

That is actually good news, because they haven't advertised Strombus Grazers in at least a few years. I'd been on the lookout for a long time before I finally got mine. I think any snail that can multiply in tank as easily as these probably aren't high on the list of animals to keep in stock by most CUC retailers.

• Like 3
jamescstein

That is actually good news, because they haven't advertised Strombus Grazers in at least a few years. I'd been on the lookout for a long time before I finally got mine. I think any snail that can multiply in tank as easily as these probably aren't high on the list of animals to keep in stock by most CUC retailers.

They aren't listed but they do have them. Said their stock is too low to 'sell' but he'd send me some if I ordered. So win win in my book.

• Like 1

Okay, I definitely feel like an idiot for spotting this thread two minutes after it was made, remembering that I wanted these and following, but not responding. Can I be added to the list now, for the future? :)

Okay, I definitely feel like an idiot for spotting this thread two minutes after it was made, remembering that I wanted these and following, but not responding. Can I be added to the list now, for the future? :)

Yup, I got you.

• Like 2

I don't know what their pak goes for now, but back when I wanted to get these snails I looked at their site and then they wanted something like a $100 bucks in order to get them. Pretty hefty price.....

• Like 3

Nah, I plan on being fair and honoring the original price and chronologically going down my list for as long as I can, but I think it is my prerogative to give priority to anyone offering trades. Hint. Hint.

I have Bowser Zoas......

• Like 1
jamescstein

I don't know what their pak goes for now, but back when I wanted to get these snails I looked at their site and then they wanted something like a $100 bucks in order to get them. Pretty hefty price.....

Yes the tune up pack is still ~$100. That does include 2 day FedEX shipping. Also all their snails are aqua-cultured if that matters to you.

But yeah they aren't cheap.

That said it wasn't $100 for 6 snails. It was $100 for 3 Trocus, 6 Micro-Turbos, 6 Nerite, 6 black/white hermits (swapped for more snails of his choice), 6 Littorinid, and amphipods. Plus 2 day shipping. And he's throwing the Strombus in as a bonus, I guess since I email him to ask about them.

They should be here tomorrow morning.

jedimasterben

Yes the tune up pack is still ~$100. That does include 2 day FedEX shipping. Also all their snails are aqua-cultured if that matters to you.

That said it wasn't $100 for 6 snails. It was $100 for 3 Trocus, 6 Micro-Turbos, 6 Nerite, 6 black/white hermits (swapped for more snails of his choice), 6 Littorinid, and amphipods. Plus 2 day shipping. And he's throwing the Strombus in as a bonus, I guess since I email him to ask about them.

It's $100 for that??? :mellow:

jamescstein

It's $100 for that??? :mellow:

Well lets see just getting comparable prices from other places selling snails.

Trocus.. $2.25 each.....$6.75

Turbo.. $2.00 each.......$12

Nerite.. $.75 each.........$4.50

Hermits..$2.00 each.....$12

Littorinid..$2.00 each....$12

Amphipods... $5.00/20.. $5

Total $52.25 before shipping. $35 or so for 2-day shipping.

$87.25.. so $12 for aqua-cultured stuff.. not really a premium in my book. Not to mention my wifes 125, 2 weeks or so after buying a package of wild caught snails we had a fluke spawn so I'd prefer not to have that again.

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_06421.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I understand it isn't for "6" snails. Just sayin' in order for me to get the trochus snails, I would have had to spend $100 as part of the pak they were offering back then....

To each their own, glad you got them.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

$87.25.. so $12 for aqua-cultured stuff.. not really a premium in my book. Not to mention my wifes 125, 2 weeks or so after buying a package of wild caught snails we had a fluke spawn so I'd prefer not to have that again.

I didn't mean that you were paying $100 only to get the euplica snails lol, but the whole package is pretty damned expensive for not a lot of stuff. I honestly doubt that everything is aquacultured, especially since the hermits are broadcast spawners, and I believe turbo snails are, too.

jamescstein

I didn't mean that you were paying $100 only to get the euplica snails lol, but the whole package is pretty damned expensive for not a lot of stuff. I honestly doubt that everything is aquacultured, especially since the hermits are broadcast spawners, and I believe turbo snails are, too.

Don't know what to say other than they claim 100% captive bred.

They advertise free shipping which isn't true since it seems they just added it into the base price by your calculations. I hate when venders do that.

I would say good thing you got 6 free snails. The prices you are comparing too are the max price venders tend to sell those snails for and they charge more than that. For example uniquecorals sells 10 tronchus for $9 and mexicans for $1.29. I would say that you are praying premium to get all your snails from 1 vender. If you do any shopping online for coral/fish though, its cheaper to just add snails to your order (if you're a cheap ass about snails like me that is). If not, then it makes no sense to pay shipping from separate venders.

Still, they shouldn't lie about free shipping :P but it gets more sales I suppose, people like the word free.

jamescstein

I didn't mean for this to hijack the thread into a pro-con of Indo-Pacfic Sea Farms. Just meant to add I found a place where I could buy some strombus snails.

My apologies, going to let this go.

Waiting list is now closed until I can catch up. Exceptions will be given to those that want to trade.

If there is any interest, I might be able to substitute 3 brittle starfish for the 2 juvenile snails in the pack or add them to an order for $5 more. Depends on how big a pain in the butt they are to collect.

• Like 1

Waiting list is now closed until I can catch up. Exceptions will be given to those that want to trade.

If there is any interest, I might be able to substitute 3 brittle starfish for the 2 juvenile snails in the pack or add them to an order for $5 more. Depends on how big a pain in the butt they are to collect.

Is there any specific type of zoa you are interested in? I'm sure I could find a frag somewhere in my tanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got my nano conchs today - what a professional packing job! Heat pack was still warm, all five now happily getting to know their new home. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Recommended Discussions