Pod Your Reef

Attaching GSP to glass

Thatoneomahaguy

Thatoneomahaguy

I saw a tank at my LFS store and the entire back wall of the tank was covered in flowing GSP and it looked amazing! So I get a small piece and was ready to glue it on the back of tank before I realized that super glue seemed awfully permanent, Obviously it would just be a small dab to hold it in place before it attaches itself but I just wanted to make sure this was the right approach. All thoughts are welcome!

I saw a tank at my LFS store and the entire back wall of the tank was covered in flowing GSP and it looked amazing! So I get a small piece and was ready to glue it on the back of tank before I realized that super glue seemed awfully permanent, Obviously it would just be a small dab to hold it in place before it attaches itself but I just wanted to make sure this was the right approach. All thoughts are welcome!

Little dab of silicone works too. :) Which LFS?

Yep, that's right. Once it takes off it'l hold itself on so it won't be an issue. And as stated, later, a razor blade underneath to make it come off and you can put it on a lone rock to be a flowy island at some other point. Once it's on a rock, it won't spread, except on that rock, so it corals it basically.

Thatoneomahaguy

Little dab of silicone works too. :) Which LFS?

I picked up a view things from Fish Freaks. I am still waiting for things to settle and relax before i get pics.

Also thanks for the advice everyone. I guess Ill get my glue on!

Thatoneomahaguy

It travels up to the light so you can put some pieces at the bottom and they'll travel up.

Haha damn it! I read this about ten minutes late. Its okay tho i placed it about a 1/3 of the way up from the bottom hoping it will spread in all directions.

Just for future reference I wouldn't advise using silicone as an adhesive for frags... Silicone takes days to cure and in the meantime it's toxic.

Superglue gel works because it's pretty much instant and as soon as it touches water it skins over. As I understand it anyways.

When I've done this I take the GSP frag and cut it into a few smaller pieces and glue each piece a few inches from each other. This way they grow into each other and can cover larger areas quicker.

Archived