ReefCleaners.org

New Product: inTank Universal Surface Skimmer

inTank

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/inTank-Universal-Surface-Skimmer-M90SS.htm

Remove the film with the inTank Surface Skimmer. Surface film buildup on the water's surface of your aquarium is a hazard to your livestock. It impedes gas exchange and is also very ugly. The inTank Universal Surface Skimmer breaks the surface tension and forces water downwards towards your intake grates, removing the hazardous and ugly surface film.

The inTank Universal Surface Skimmer installs on any flat intake wall and holds against the intake grates while the filtration pump(s) is on. Included are two adjustable stay hold clips, these lock the Surface Skimmer in place while the filtration pump(s) is off. Only one clip is needed but we have included two. You can use both at once or save one as a spare. You can also glue on the clip(s) so they never can get lost. They also allow the surface skimmer to be adjustable in height.

• Universal design works on popular AIO aquariums with a flat false wall
  • Black to mask from view
  • Includes two stay hold clips
  • Adjustable in height
  • Holds onto false wall when filtration pump(s) are on, clip(s) hold when off
  • CNC laser cut from high quality American made acrylic assembled by hand in USA
  • Popular on Fluval, Innovative Marine, CAD Lights aquariums and More!
  • 4-3/4" Wide
  • 2-1/2" Tall
  • 1-3/4" Deep

Main%2818%29.jpg

Installed%286%29.jpg

Installed-side%282%29.jpg

• Like 4

Yay! Ordered one just now. I really hate the water level in my fusion 10 and have been meaning to buy something like this for a while. I really like how you guys include clips with yours. Its the little things that count.

• Like 1

These will be great for the Spec users , I've been running a very similar setup for about 8 months now and it is a MAJOR improvement

Where my royalties at Stevie

• Like 4

Just got mine in today!

Looks great, feels good (quality wise) and the clips hold onto it nice and tight. And, the swedish fish was a nice touch too, I haven't eaten one of those in a while. Now I have to buy a package of them tomorrow lol.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Just got mine in today!

Looks great, feels good (quality wise) and the clips hold onto it nice and tight. And, the swedish fish was a nice touch too, I haven't eaten one of those in a while. Now I have to buy a package of them tomorrow lol.

If It looks good and feels good... You know the rest ;):lol:
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

whats that tank with the frosted glass stephonpoo

Fluval

They do this on their M40/M60 and M90 models. Top and bottom.

Does this fit the Coralife BioCube 29?

It's wider than the intake grate but not as deep. But it may still work as it has those lower grates anyway and it blocks more than half of the top grates so water should still be pulled over the top.

The clips may be a tight fit as the top molding is wide, but you can always just silicone it on once you find the sweet spot.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to buy one of these for my IM nano 10g, will it fit?

I've added extra water to close the large 1.5inch gap between the top of the tank and the tanks 'normal' water level. This has ruined the surface skimming the tank already had BUT it added a whole extra gallon of water to my tank by doing this. I cant see why the extra gallon would come with any ill effects. Thoughts?

Fits!

20160323_150412.jpg

Sold! Damn that thing is even more sleek than i thought it was! Thanks for the Quick reply!

(It'll be here by Friday via amazon, I'll be leaving you a 5* and mention how helpful you always are and how great Intank is!)

• Like 1

Sold! Damn that thing is even more sleek than i thought it was! Thanks for the Quick reply!

(It'll be here by Friday via amazon, I'll be leaving you a 5* and mention how helpful you always are and how great Intank is!)

Great. Jeff Bozos enjoys the jet fuel you just bought him

• Like 1

Great. Jeff Bozos enjoys the jet fuel you just bought him

Do they hit you in the pocket pretty hard when you sell through amazon? if so, I'll start buying from your site direct. They do reach the masses!

Do they hit you in the pocket pretty hard when you sell through amazon? if so, I'll start buying from your site direct. They do reach the masses!

Oh heck yes, they get paid the entire way. It's where everything is moving these days but expensive. They handle customer service and shipping so we don't have to pay that out on every shipment, and you gain new customers you never would find on your own.

15% on every sale

Then when you have products in their warehouses so they ship for mainly prime members there is a order handling fee, pick & pack fee, and weight handling fee.

It's like a minimum of $4 in fees plus 15% just to sell the lowest dollar item, and it goes up from there. So you would lose money on a $10 item unless your cost is almost free.

Shit I purchase almost everything through Amazon so I get it.

• Like 2

Oh heck yes, they get paid the entire way. It's where everything is moving these days but expensive. They handle customer service and shipping so we don't have to pay that out on every shipment, and you gain new customers you never would find on your own.

15% on every sale

Then when we have products in their warehouse so they ship for mainly prime members there is a order handling fee, pick & pack fee, and weight handling fee.

It's like a minimum of $4 in fees plus 15% just to sell the lowest dollar item. So you would lose money on a $10 item unless your cost is almost free.

Shit I purchase almost everything through Amazon so I get it.

Good to know, I'll go direct from now on. I thought it would be like $2-$4 tops on an order like this! :bling:

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Segalplayer

Just bought one off amazon before seeing this... but installed in like 2 minutes and then added water...oops lol. I got the water level higher like I wanted and better surface skimming since I run Lidless and that allowed dust and particles to settle in the tank. I do enjoy how it came with clips so I can find the correct spot I want the surface skimmer to be at and then glue it once I’ve found the perfect height as I’ve already moved it twice lol! Not to mention all the dust and particles in the surface were gone in about 45 seconds. Looking forward to a clean surface and more surface breaking. Thanks inTank, yet another extremely happy repeat customer!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2
Segalplayer
6 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

These AIO's false walls mostly all have built in surface skimmers, how do you get these people to buy something they already have?

Not too sure if you own one of these but if you fill it up you will see that the water level is fairly near the top of the stock baffles...hence wanting the surface skimmer so I can

1. get a higher water level in the display by raising the inTank skimmer...as shown 

2. The surface skimmer is also double the size of the nuvo 10 surface skimmer so it is able to cover more area...

But I mean try it out for yourself before you go negative on it

18AABA99-597F-4C02-A676-5821711FB619.jpeg

• Thanks 1
HarryPotter
5 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

These AIO's false walls mostly all have built in surface skimmers, how do you get these people to buy something they already have?

Hookers and blow most likely 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

This part was designed for the Fluval M40, M60 and M90 which do a terrible job at surface skimming because of the stock intake grate design.

We shortly realized that this could be used on other AIO models for a lot of different reasons, including what was given by @Segalplayer

Cutting slits in a false wall with a CNC doesn't always equate to the best surface skimming performance, or a desired water level.

• Like 1