Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sancho's old ass Solana sprung a leak

Sancho

Great looking tank, Sancho! How was it introducing a new tomato clown to the female???? Was she thrilled or pissed off? :lol:

I have always loved the look of the tomato clown.

She killed the first one. She drove the second one to suicide he jumped to his death. She was without a partner for about a year. The third seemed to be the charm he submitted to her instantly and they have been good since
  • Like 4

Came home today and every thing was happy happy happy. The Acans seem to love it when the nem spawns. I used to freak out and do WC and run carbon after it spawned. The corals actually seem to enjoy all the nutrients the spawning nem puts in the tank. Still playing with the camera. Right now this is my favorite little corner of the tank.

DSC_0055_zpsdwmtqyir.jpg

• Like 8

Nice looking acans you have there :)

Thanks. They actually have all lost color. :( And have gone to orange. That bigger colony on the right was actually gold, green and red with a bit of blue. They are now primarily redish orange with a bit of blue. Pretty sure LED's are to blame. I really dont care i havent spent more than $30 on anything in that pic. Most were $10 to $20 single heads. I just hope they keep multiplying.

• Like 2

Thanks. They actually have all lost color. :( And have gone to orange. That bigger colony on the right was actually gold, green and red with a bit of blue. They are now primarily redish orange with a bit of blue. Pretty sure LED's are to blame. I really dont care i havent spent more than $30 on anything in that pic. Most were $10 to $20 single heads. I just hope they keep multiplying.

Yep I have heard the same thing about LEDs and Acans. There are people who say different but......I have a friend who has multiple tanks and all have LEDs over them. His Acan tank well 6 bulb ATI.......

• Like 2

Still messing with the camera. This guy was basking in the natural sunlight that lit up the corner of the tank. Came home thought he was dead. He was sitting motionless in the sand in the corner of the tank that gets a bit of sunlight from a window. grabbed something to poke at him with, and he's alive :lol: apparently he likes to sunbathe. Tossed some food in he ate then went back to the sunlit corner.

DSC_0207_zpsfi7lzlhl.jpg

• Like 5

She killed the first one. She drove the second one to suicide he jumped to his death. She was without a partner for about a year. The third seemed to be the charm he submitted to her instantly and they have been good since

She's brutal :lol:. I figured a 10 year old fish wouldn't take kindly to a new addition. I'm glad she finally tolerated one :).

Still messing with the camera. This guy was basking in the natural sunlight that lit up the corner of the tank. Came home thought he was dead. He was sitting motionless in the sand in the corner of the tank that gets a bit of sunlight from a window. grabbed something to poke at him with, and he's alive :lol: apparently he likes to sunbathe. Tossed some food in he ate then went back to the sunlit corner.

DSC_0207_zpsfi7lzlhl.jpg

That's a textbook photo right there! Nice!!!! Looks like a photo that you'd find in a Marine Fish encyclopedia type book.
  • Like 3

She's brutal :lol:. I figured a 10 year old fish wouldn't take kindly to a new addition. I'm glad she finally tolerated one :).

That's a textbook photo right there! Nice!!!! Looks like a photo that you'd find in a Marine Fish encyclopedia type book.

He is sexy and he knows it. I dont think I could take a bad pic of him. :)

• Like 2

She was mature when I got her. The LFS had her for a couple years. No one seems to like Tomato's. Based on her size he guessed her age at maybe 8 when I got her. So I am guessing she is between 15 and maybe 20 years old. I was told she was wild caught and spent most of her time at the LFS solo. She has killed a clown, made life so miserable for another that he said f*ck it, sexy shrimp, peppermint shrimp, a confirmed kill of a cleaner shrimp, most recent unconfirmed kill of a cleaner shrimp. She can suck it! The toilet has been an option for her many times. :lol: But she is like a kid to me and cant seem to pull the trigger.

Thanks I have just started playing with my DSLR again. The natural sunlight and use of a flash helped this pick. I wish corals would look that good under those conditions. I need to get a tripod and possibly a macro lense.

• Like 2

Posted this one in lawns lounge while I was debating starting this thread. I really enjoy what happens in the tank after lights out.

DSC_0032_zpsmlav8rnl.jpg

I still have no idea what this is. But those tentacles I am keeping away from anything else. Unfortunately this is how most of my pics are turning out. I dont know how you guys take the pics you take under LED's. My sister is a professional photographer. I need to pick her brain for some tips.

DSC_0242_zpsejhf8dtf.jpg

• Like 5

She was mature when I got her. The LFS had her for a couple years. No one seems to like Tomato's. Based on her size he guessed her age at maybe 8 when I got her. So I am guessing she is between 15 and maybe 20 years old. I was told she was wild caught and spent most of her time at the LFS solo. She has killed a clown, made life so miserable for another that he said f*ck it, sexy shrimp, peppermint shrimp, a confirmed kill of a cleaner shrimp, most recent unconfirmed kill of a cleaner shrimp. She can suck it! The toilet has been an option for her many times. :lol: But she is like a kid to me and cant seem to pull the trigger.

Thanks I have just started playing with my DSLR again. The natural sunlight and use of a flash helped this pick. I wish corals would look that good under those conditions. I need to get a tripod and possibly a macro lense.

If Nemo had been a tomato clown they would be very popular LOL. I just really like the looks of them :).
  • Like 2

Came home today and the fish didnt look quite right. Wrasse was bobbing around the top. The clowns seemed to be breathing a bit heavy. Carl the watchman goby was out of his hole swimming around. Something is not right. Found a huge empty Mexican turbo snail shell. :angry: Cant find the body. :furious: Busted out the test kit.

THIS CANT BE GOOD

IMG_0206_zps4tmxkfee.jpg

Changed out 15 gallons, added some prime, and started some stability. Hoping the clean up crew makes quick work of the dead snail. I am hoping thats the cause. I am kinda at a loss. Tank cycled many many years ago definitely enough rock in the tank to handle the bio filtration.

How's the ph? Higher ph makes ammonia more deadly to the fish

Dont know yet. When I saw the ammonia test I went into must change water mode. Just finished the WC about 45 mins ago gonna do a full test of the water in a bit. Kinda frustrating.

After WC Ammonia is down. Not quite yellow and not quite green? ####ing cheap ass API test. according to the color chart its now between .00 and .25 much better than the 2.0 and 4.0 from earlier. PH is @ 8. Nitrate 5, nitrite 0. THe clowns seem fine. Carl the watchman goby ate and returned to his hole. My sexy wrasse is hiding under a mushroom but no longer at the top of the tank gasping. This has me scratching my head. Yeah I know I should have used Salifert..blah blah blah. Since this tank is so established I really stopped testing years ago asides from the dino's a few years ago and some recent GHA this tank has really been trouble free.

• Like 3

Good news, I'd have some water on standby just incase you need to do another w/c for some reason.

Yeah headed to Scrips in the morning. Gonna order a bucket of salt also to have on hand. I really didnt want to drive to La Jolla @ 4pm today. Spent $1.75 a gallon :unsure: Aqautica was the close LFS to me. #### thats expensive water

• Like 1

Came home today and every thing was happy happy happy. The Acans seem to love it when the nem spawns. I used to freak out and do WC and run carbon after it spawned. The corals actually seem to enjoy all the nutrients the spawning nem puts in the tank. Still playing with the camera. Right now this is my favorite little corner of the tank.

DSC_0055_zpsdwmtqyir.jpg

Gorgeous shot, Sancho!

After WC Ammonia is down. Not quite yellow and not quite green? ####### cheap ass API test. according to the color chart its now between .00 and .25 much better than the 2.0 and 4.0 from earlier. PH is @ 8. Nitrate 5, nitrite 0. THe clowns seem fine. Carl the watchman goby ate and returned to his hole. My sexy wrasse is hiding under a mushroom but no longer at the top of the tank gasping. This has me scratching my head. Yeah I know I should have used Salifert..blah blah blah. Since this tank is so established I really stopped testing years ago asides from the dino's a few years ago and some recent GHA this tank has really been trouble free.

I don't know, I wouldn't get on yourself about salifert for ammonia. it's not something anyone tests for often unless a problem is suspected. Glad to hear things are doing better, Sancho!

Box from Hong Kong post showed up today. $60 with free shipping Coral box S150 skimmer ( Cad knock off ) I am impressed with the quality. Its really well made. It doesn't fit in the first chamber although it does fit in the second chamber. I am going to have to make another bracket to hang it as the one it comes with is to short and makes the skimmer cup stick up past the the top of the tank.

photo%202_zpsjz7i4fet.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see another old ass tank around. Looks good, man. Hope the chemistry has evened out. I know it can feel daunting to bring back something from the brink, but it looks like you're doing great. Love those acans.

• Like 1