ReefCleaners.org

Sancho's old ass Solana sprung a leak

Sancho

Tank has been with me for 10 years. I wish I could say that everything in the tank has been with me for 10 years. The nem, rocks, GSP, kenya tree and female clown are really the only original inhabitants. Everything else has been added in the last year or so. This was a nice mixed reef. Dino's wiped this tank out a few years ago. Currently trying to bring it back.

DSC_0053%201_zpsbadodvoh.jpg

will add more later just wanted to start this thread

Equipment

Standard non Starphire glass Solana 34. with Stand

Came with the Disco ball Halide now resides in the dump

DIY 4 bulb T5

DIY LED T5 combo

1st gen Radion

Kessil 350w

Kessil 360w

1st Gen AI Hydra with director

Tunze 3155 ATO with tupperware ato container

RW 8 and a WP 25 hooked up to the dual RW controllers

Stock skimmer It broke

Coral Box S150 skimmer

no heater

some filter floss

a bag o media. right now Chemipure Blue

Jebao WP 1500 return pump got a bigger pump when I though I could keep SPS

Jebao WP 3000 return pump AC pump to made to much noise

Jebao DC 2000 return pump

Coral Life 18W UV sterilizer

Critters

Mated pair of Tomato Clowns

Yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp

Cleaner shrimp RIP buddy

New cleaner shrimp

Flasher Wrasse dead

Various snails slugs and worms

Hermit crabs

Tuxedo Urchin AKA Mr. Blue ball RIP you will be missed

3 gold and blue damsels they Highlandered each other (stupid fish now there is none)

6 line wrasse

Corals and other stuff

GBTA that has turned brown lost its buble tips and is ginormous.

Aiptasia. :(

GSP :angry:

GHA :furious:

Kenya Tree

A microscopic Jawbreaker, Iron man shroom, various rhodactis and some big ass fuzzy green shrooms.

Various Acans :rant: ####### GHA took over

Some cheap Zoas

Duncan just disappeared one day :huh:

Hammerspawn. (i glued a hammer to a frogspawn)

• Like 9

About time ;) I used to want a Solana as they are nice little tanks. Does it have the disco ball above it :lol:

No I actually threw it away. Thought it was ugly and wasted power :lol: Now I wish I would have kept it.

• Like 1

You've been holding out!

No the tank just kinda sucks right now. But who cares here it is.

Holy crap! Your nem and clownfish are 10 years old?? That's amazing!

the female clown is probably 25. The nem might be 12 or 13

• Like 1

Sa- weet. Looks good to me.

I'm about to break down and restart one I've had running for about 5 years. It's just full of nuisances and want a fresh start.

I thought I saw you sold your set up on SDreefs? That was a sweet tank. I like your new Idea though.

I thought I saw you sold your set up on SDreefs? That was a sweet tank. I like your new Idea though.

Yeah, times got tough. I had 4 tanks going

When I got rid of it. I have a tank sitting here empty that's asking for a conversion, so I'm going to do it and break my other tank down and just stick the fish in the new one, I'll have some corals up on sdreefs soon.

• Like 1

Tank looks good man....like the colors.....and of course, Mr Blue Ball! Did he finally drop his nut?

It's a LE Ghost Paly.

The nut is in the sand right now. Every few weeks he picks it up and carries it around.

• Like 2

How's the shit-head shrimp? Swiping stuff?

The shrimp is in my 8. Turns all the sand around on the daily, builds little mountains and tears them down. Took all the nice shrooms that were in the sand and did god no what with them. That ####er is a night owl starts snapping around 11pm :lol: Gonna get him a gobbie on pay day

• Like 3

The shrimp is in my 8. Turns all the sand around on the daily, builds little mountains and tears them down. Took all the nice shrooms that were in the sand and did god no what with them. That ###### is a night owl starts snapping around 11pm :lol: Gonna get him a gobbie on pay day

Yep, he's a happy camper. I can't tell you many hundreds of dollars in frags I've lost to that little prick. I counted almost 20 frag plugs in his lair when I took the tank down. Always click'n and a pop'n. Glad he's gone to a good home. What gobble are you getting g him?

• Like 1

Yep, he's a happy camper. I can't tell you many hundreds of dollars in frags I've lost to that little prick. I counted almost 20 frag plugs in his lair when I took the tank down. Always click'n and a pop'n. Glad he's gone to a good home. What gobble are you getting g him?

I toss a cube o frozen food daily or every other day. There is only the nem a clown and the shrimp in that tank. I vary the food right now I am using Marine Fusion in booth my tanks everyone seems to enjoy it.

probably just gonna get a yellow watchman

• Like 1

So tonight I came home to a cloudy tank. The nem is spawning. It does this a few times a year I thought I would document it here and keep track of the spawn cycles. This nem has split many times and I have one of the babies in my other tank. Usually when one spawns the other spawns in the same week there has to be something to that. Both nems are under LEDs following the same light schedule It has to be lunar related. I thought this was kinda cool and will post if the the nem in the smaller tank spawns. But in my experience they usually spawn within a few days of each other.

DSC_0172_zpsjbyesk1a.jpg

• Like 4

Great looking tank, Sancho! How was it introducing a new tomato clown to the female???? Was she thrilled or pissed off? :lol:

I have always loved the look of the tomato clown.

• Like 1