Coral Vue Hydros

bluefish will not connect

kylhcky

my router doesn't have a wps option, so i had to configure using Imp. when i go to pair blinkup it goes to the connecting to server screen and then kicks me off saying blinkup failed. im doing this in a pitch black closet, and the wifi card blinks in the pattern that it's searching for a wifi network.

the router in my house is a 5ghz, am i really stuck buying a new router just to get this to work?

jedimasterben

Electric Imp does not support 5GHz at all, you will need to use your routers' 2.4GHz band. I have never heard of one not being capable of sending a 2.4GHz signal simultaneous to the 5GHz one.

Electric Imp does not support 5GHz at all, you will need to use your routers' 2.4GHz band. I have never heard of one not being capable of sending a 2.4GHz signal simultaneous to the 5GHz one.

i'm not the smartest when it comes to networks and setting them up, i just talked to my dad and it turns out the network im on is separate from the other one in the house (i could have sworn it was 1 sole network). i'm fairly sure it's a 2.4ghz output on this one.

right now im stuck sitting on the phone with verizon trying to figure out what my dad changed the default password to, because he can't remember. until then i have no idea what my router settings are on at the moment.

edit: im an idiot, theres a button for that.

im up and running, after trying 30 times it went through and gave me the ip adress error, then i tried again and it turned on and is working.

Archived