SaltCritters.com

AIO Reef Conversion Kit for Standard 10G/20L - Reefbuilders.com Featured!

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

I'm pleased to announce the official release of Oceanbox Designs™ AIO Reef Conversion Kit. After working with so many custom AIO inserts in designs and endless collaboration from our very own fellow Nano reefers, it has come to my attention for this perfect add-on solution that make setting up a Nano-Reef system easier than ever before.

Product details: http://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/oceanbox-designs-reef-conversion-kit/

Reefbuilders.com featured: https://reefbuilders.com/2016/03/03/oceanbox-designs-aio-reef-conversion-kit/

24277532213_7934d7b4c7_b.jpg

Oceanbox Designs­™ Reef Conversion Kit is an All-In-One (AIO) Filtration Insert designed to convert a standard glass tank into a Reef-Ready tank. This is a perfect solution for beginner to advance hobbyist who's looking into setting up a Nano Reef system without the need to get involved in complicated drilling, plumbing, and sump filtration. Our AIO Insert Kit can be simply "DIY" installed and secured into your tank using "aquarium safe" silicone, add a return pump of adequate flow and you're good to go!

Oceanbox Designs™ AIO Reef Conversion Kit provides highly efficient internal filtration by forcing water through specifically designed modular media racks and baffles system. The multi-stage modular media racks allow you to run different filter media such as filter pad, carbon, purigen, phosguard, ect keeping your tank clean and your salty critters happy. A huge advantage of having an AIO system is the ability to run and hide essential equipment from view such as heater, auto-top-off sensor, temperature probe, and even a small skimmer or reactor if space is allowed.

Features:
  • Convert Standard To Reef-Ready AIO Tank.
  • Multi-Stage Modular Media Racks.
  • Multi-Stage Filtration Chambers.
  • DIY Install Using “Aquarium Safe” Silicone.
  • Premium Craftsmanship.
  • Made In The USA!

Tank compatibility:

• Standard 10G
  • Standard 20G Long

Skimmer compatibility (without AIO cover):

• For 10G: MAME Skimmer.
  • For 20G Long: MAME, Aquaticlife Mini 115, Tunze 9001.
Included:
  • Premium AIO Insert.
  • 3 Modular Media Racks.
  • Outflow Kit: Adjustable Flare Nozzle, Plumbing Fittings, O-Ring, 1/2″ Flex Tubing.
Optional:
  • AIO Cover With Cut-Out To Run Equipment Cables.
What you need to provide:
  • Aquarium Safe Silicone
  • Eheim Compact 600 Pump

Be sure to check out http://oceanboxdesigns.com to discover your best Nano Reef solutions

24537712719_d9da5e8bd7_c.jpg

24905320255_cf59e262ac_c.jpg

24537712839_d8eb4e7c4f_c.jpg

24787395792_cca6c256e8_c.jpg

how do you access the modular racks?

Great to see you still going strong!

Looks like they lift out

Good luck getting your hand down that tiny chamber.

OP - Have you thought about including the silicone? You can buy the cheap small tubes of the aquarium safe stuff and include it for an extra charge. Just an idea.

OP - Have you thought about including the silicone? You can buy the cheap small tubes of the aquarium safe stuff and include it for an extra charge. Just an idea.

Yeah, I mean, I can barely work in the back of AIOs anyways and my hands aren't huge. It would be difficult to get those out if you do have to lift them, especially with the rim of the tank. I guess you could use forceps or something?

Oceanbox Designs

how do you access the modular racks?

Each rack can be lifted out, however for regular maintenance you only need to remove the 1st rack to replace media in the 2nd, and remove 2nd to replace media in the 3rd. You don't ever need to remove the 3rd rack unless you need to clean the bottom off detritus settling in over time. This is one downside of having an AIO in a rimmed tank, but as tibbsy mentioned, you can use a forceps to grab it. There is a center hole in each rack designed to use for finger lift.

For me I used these filter media in this order in my 12L tank setup.

1. Blue Filter Pad (replace 10-14 days)

2. Carbon (replace 10-14 days)

3. Phosguard (replace every 2-3 weeks)

Oceanbox Designs

Great to see you still going strong!

Looks like they lift out

Thanks, I'm trying hard to keep up :)

The silicone is easy enough to get so I don't have to keep them in stock because sometime they get dried up if not used in a short period of time.

Each rack can be lifted out, however for regular maintenance you only need to remove the 1st rack to replace media in the 2nd, and remove 2nd to replace media in the 3rd. You don't ever need to remove the 3rd rack unless you need to clean the bottom off detritus settling in over time. This is one downside of having an AIO in a rimmed tank, but as tibbsy mentioned, you can use a forceps to grab it. There is a center hole in each rack designed to use for finger lift.

For me I used these filter media in this order in my 12L tank setup.

1. Blue Filter Pad (replace 10-14 days)

2. Carbon (replace 10-14 days)

3. Phosguard (replace every 2-3 weeks)

thanks, that's what i thought. look slick, maybe i'll rec to a friend that wants to take dance in saltwater and test the shallows...

Oceanbox Designs

thanks, that's what i thought. look slick, maybe i'll rec to a friend that wants to take dance in saltwater and test the shallows...

That said, I would still be able to build a custom AIO kit with slightly larger media racks so it will be easier to access, but it will not allow the use of the Tunze 9001 obviously because the middle chamber will be narrower. You still have skimmer options with the Aquatic-life 115 or MAME.

Oceanbox Designs

Tunze 9001 skimmer and Aquaticlife Mini 115 skimmer fitment. I'm surprised the Tunze fits with the cover on.

TUNZE 9001

25021822466_07fe988d23_z.jpg

24421318873_ae2ddbc560_z.jpg

24930118432_50f967f020_z.jpg

AQUATICLIFE 115

24954878001_255f5f7fcc_z.jpg

25021822496_878ec011f6_z.jpg

I just got my aio conversion kit today for a 20 gal long. It looks great and feels very sturdy. The top 2 racks are not too difficult to get in and out with my hand but the third is tricky. I happened to have a 12 inch pair of forceps and that makes it very easy for all 3 racks....

Oceanbox Designs

I just got my aio conversion kit today for a 20 gal long. It looks great and feels very sturdy. The top 2 racks are not too difficult to get in and out with my hand but the third is tricky. I happened to have a 12 inch pair of forceps and that makes it very easy for all 3 racks....

That is awesome!! glad it arrived already. Mind sharing where you bought that forceps? I need one to pick up stuff in my tank...lol

• 3 weeks later...
Marc.The.Shark

That's great Phuong! Congratulations. Here at NR we all know how great your quality is, was just a matter of time until everyone else found out. Bad part is, my wait time for a new project is gonna be long! Lol.

That's great Phuong! Congratulations. Here at NR we all know how great your quality is, was just a matter of time until everyone else found out. Bad part is, my wait time for a new project is gonna be long! Lol.

Thanks Marc! I'm sure it's just a matter of time but that's what I don't have...lol. At some points, I didn't think I could do continue doing this but I pushed through with all the support here on NR. Your tank is going to be perfect once everything is done, it's part of the planning game, but you play it so well it does't want to be over...haha :)

Archived