ReefCleaners.org

Slowtwitch's Not So Nano

Slowtwitch

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you ever make it over to Cherry Corals?

Going Friday with my list. Looking for some nice euphyllia and a lobo or two. Prolly won't get any SPS yet since I just got a sweet order from Cultivated Reef for my sps tank.

That's unfortunate that the lionfish tried to eat something too big for him to manage. I know that tends to be an issue with anglers, but I didn't think it was as common with lionfish. That must have been one spunky lion to go after that damsel even when being fed. My dwarf zebra took forever to get onto frozen and I kept having to starve him for a week at a time to get him interested. Even through he'd go a week without eating anything at all, he never even showed interest in my two clowns which aren't all that big. I think it helps to have all the fish in a reef environment so that the other fish have hiding spaces and the lionfish can't just easily grab them like in a QT system.

Hopefully the next lionfish does better for you!

Going Friday with my list. Looking for some nice euphyllia and a lobo or two. Prolly won't get any SPS yet since I just got a sweet order from Cultivated Reef for my sps tank.

Nice! Lucky you- take some pics of their sps tanks if possible. What did you get from Cultivated reef? Have you posted pics in your other thread?

Nice! Lucky you- take some pics of their sps tanks if possible. What did you get from Cultivated reef? Have you posted pics in your other thread?

A few pics got posted. I really need to get a better camera. What I have doesn't do them justice. They are all really nice pieces.

A few pics got posted. I really need to get a better camera. What I have doesn't do them justice. They are all really nice pieces.

Alright- going to ck'd them out

Starting to get a major case of the uglies right now, but the skimmer continues to pull out nasty smelling gunk and all the critters remain healthy here.

7SRMA9n.jpg

Need to do some more reorganizing this weekend and get things up off the sand so the conchs can do their thing.

nNWXrI6.jpg

These two hang out together all the time.

PLEZRqT.jpg

This guy already knows to come to the surface to eat from the hemostats. He sees me and begs to be fed. :wub:

BoPc5wU.jpg

Looks good to me! Dry rock seems to always go through a bit of an ugly phase. Just takes a bit of time to get pretty looking. Also, you know you're a dentist when its hemostats instead of feeding tongs :lol: How are your patients liking the new tank compared to the old one? That trigger is AWESOME btw!

Looks good to me! Dry rock seems to always go through a bit of an ugly phase. Just takes a bit of time to get pretty looking. Also, you know you're a dentist when its hemostats instead of feeding tongs :lol: How are your patients liking the new tank compared to the old one? That trigger is AWESOME btw!

The patients are in LOVE with it. I actually had patients cry when they found out that the old tank was coming down. It had been there for nearly 20 years. I am really thinking of getting a web cam to have on the tank so that people can check in on how things are progressing.

The patients are in LOVE with it. I actually had patients cry when they found out that the old tank was coming down. It had been there for nearly 20 years. I am really thinking of getting a web cam to have on the tank so that people can check in on how things are progressing.

Very cool idea.

If you do, post the link so we can see.

A wifi camera would be fun! I have one in my living room so I can check on the tank and lily (my cat) when I go out of town for the weekend. They've gotten pretty inexpensive with tons of features. Your patients would love that!

Have to get the hot assistant first though... :naughtydance:

Casting call, all call.

All ladies looking to be NR Twitchies Ass-istant, please post your application here. Helpful tip...don't clutter it up with words....just pictures or videos will do.

Good luck!

Casting call, all call.

All ladies looking to be NR Twitchies Ass-istant, please post your application here. Helpful tip...don't clutter it up with words....just pictures or videos will do.

Good luck!

I heartily support this.

He's probably 6 inches long. He's beautiful but you should really see his very shy brother. As soon as I can get a good picture of the male blue throat I'll post it. He is stunning

What a gorgeous color on the trigger! How big is it?

Took a trip out to Cherry Corals today. All I can say is WOW. This place is a LPS lovers dream. Todd showed me around the place and pointed out his personal stash that rarely if ever end up on the website. I tried my hardest to get him to part with a few gems but he didn't have any he was ready to part with until he makes a few more frags.

Seeing the grow out tanks was really neat. It is really a much simpler set up than I thought it would be. Large tubs lit by T5's and leds. Circulation provided by gyres. Each tub has a cleaning crew of a tang or two and a wrasse or two.

I did finally leave with a few frags which I'll get pictures of tomorrow after they have settled in a bit.

Can't wait to go back again but I will need to pay off a credit card or two first...

Added three large Mexican turbos and a Longspine Black urchin today as a clean up crew. Didn't end up taking any pictures because the everything is too dirty. Maybe on Monday after they crew has a chance to scour things clean.

Teaching a 16 year old to parallel park is a scary thing.

Haha this made me laugh, my son started driving last year and I thought I was going to die every time I got in the car with him!

Took some pics today.

New Torches from Cherry Corals

uVtRl3q.jpg

NU4AgMG.jpg

uoZ83tk.jpg

Love this guy :wub:

tJnXTzL.jpg

RBTA

idYWz4n.jpg?1

Lobo is not showing it's true colors yet. Only been in the tank a couple of days. Centers should glow orange soon.

wBnNc0R.jpg?1

Start of a zoa/ paly garden

cDx9KBN.jpg?2

love these gorgs from KPA

9xz5ZH3.jpg?1

Beginnings of a micromussa garden

yLgJwP2.jpg?1

Couple of RFA's. the smaller one is about an inch and a half across for a size comparison

AsQvze9.jpg?1

8VGqziu.jpg

Bicolor Frogspawn from Cherry Corals. This has about six new heads forming

oLdENep.jpg?1

Things are starting to look like this might turn into a real reef...

bEPg2d5.jpg

Fu0Hwro.jpg

Mugging for the camera

6YhNkPu.jpg?1

Chillin in the corner

ZLDVeTY.jpg

Cherry Corals Highlighter Welso. The photo can't do it justice. This thing GLOWS! omgomgomg

0qFJHoe.jpg

Archived