Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Slowtwitch's Not So Nano

Slowtwitch

...And we have nitrates!

Testing the waters with a sacrificial hermit and a couple snails. Got to love pre-cycled rock and bottled bacteria.

Oh yea I do love both those things very much :)
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our last sunset in the desert the other night was a wonderful send off.

AcBng8X.jpg

mR8ixHx.jpg

jBzoQtv.jpg

Back to reality today.

At least the tank is making progress...

L7ipT1e.jpg

I'll be starting too transfer some corals tomorrow and fish on Friday.

Looks great! Excited to see this huge tank you were talking about. I'm jealous! I have the itch to get a big tank. Good thing I live on the second floor of an apartment building so that I can't. How are the fish doing in quarantine? Can't wait to see them in there!

Our last sunset in the desert the other night was a wonderful send off.

AcBng8X.jpg

mR8ixHx.jpg

jBzoQtv.jpg

Back to reality today.

At least the tank is making progress...

L7ipT1e.jpg

I'll be starting too transfer some corals tomorrow and fish on Friday.

I might go to the Dentist more often if I had eye candy like that to look at

Looks great! Excited to see this huge tank you were talking about. I'm jealous! I have the itch to get a big tank. Good thing I live on the second floor of an apartment building so that I can't. How are the fish doing in quarantine? Can't wait to see them in there!

I might go to the Dentist more often if I had eye candy like that to look at

Fish are doing well. I have two triggers (blue throat and niger) and a spanish hogfish that are going in to the tank tomorrow. They are all healthy looking and eating frozen like pigs. I have a Desjardins Sailfin that just went into QT at the LFS. The fuzzy dwarf is doing well but not eating frozen consistently yet so he will stay in QT a little longer.

It surprises me all the time how many patients come in early or stay after their appointments to sit and look at the tank. People actually cried when the koi left the office. People were very worried that they were going to a good home.

I added several corals to the tank yesterday but right now they are all sitting on the sand because I ran out of time to put them in their proper places. An order that I placed for my other tank in my second office that was supposed to come today arrived yesterday so I had to run to rescue it from the neighbor. Many of those corals are the cause for a major rescape of my first tank. I will post some updates there later.

I'll take some photos of the new tank tomorrow after I get things in place and the fish are settling in.

That is SUPER impressive looking!!!!! I wish my dentist had a big tank like that in the office ;).

Wait till you see the trachy in there. He's like a dinner plate.

OK, so after three days with my hands and arms in various tanks I have the bulk of things transferred... for now. My order of corals from AquaSD arrived a day earlier than scheduled which caused a minor catastrophe since I wasn't prepared to acclimate all those things to the various tanks they were going into. I moved several pieces from one office tank to another on Wednesday morning to make room in the cube and to get the things that have been in holding for the big tank on the sand and acclimating to the light. Then I had to run back to the office where the cube is to rescue the early order from the neighbor and get those things dipped and acclimated. Yesterday was spent reorganizing and rescaping the cube. Today I moved a few more corals (from the AquaSD order) into the big tank along with my Kole tang and Foxface from the cube and received my order from KPA. 20 lbs of amazing live rock and a bunch of cool gorgs. The rock from these guys is so full of life- I got two red mithrax crabs, two tiger pistols, a couple of gorilla crabs (which quickly became trigger food) sponges and macros galore, a serpent star, a couple of brittle stars and possibly a small mantis. The gorgs arrived in great shape and started opening up almost immediately when placed on the sand. The only thing I wish that they would do is put the gorgs onto pieces of rock or at least frag plugs cause gluing them myself today was a pain. Lastly today I acclimated some fish for the big tank. The Niger and Bluethroat triggers are so colorful under the leds and the spanish hog just glows. Sadly the dwarf lion didn't make it. :tears: He was dead in the QT this morning along with a damsel that we think he tried to eat. <_< I also got my snowflake eel in so he'll be added along with the sailfin in a couple weeks. omgomgomg

Needless to say it's been a long few days. :owned: Things seem to be acclimating well, but since it is all on the sand I haven't taken pics yet. Maybe tomorrow when I go in to feed.

Multiple offices, geez you're a busy one. At least you get to see your tank at work. I also had ordered live rock from KPA and I loved it both times. Found 3 mantis shrimp the first time (3), all being .5-1" and that's how I met Gertie. Unwrapped the newspaper and there they were, laying there, kinda out of it for not being totally submerged in water.

Hope you find some wonderful hitch hitch hikers. I have old rock that is now dry rock and I'm really tempted to get new rock to cycle with my 40g for the rock flowers. Can't wait to see your rocks in there.

Tank looks great man!

Sucks on the dwarf.....now that all my fish are dead, I was thinking about one.....but, ruled it out to not enough time to get them trained.....beautiful fish though.

Can't wait to see some stocked tank FTS.

Sorry about the lion fish are you gonna try another? The eels gonna look cool in there- not enough eels around here ?

Will definitely do another. Want several in here. Looking at a couple more triggers too. The eel is very shy so far but I know he'll come around once he knows where the food comes from.

Tank looks great man!

Sucks on the dwarf.....now that all my fish are dead, I was thinking about one.....but, ruled it out to not enough time to get them trained.....beautiful fish though.

Can't wait to see some stocked tank FTS.

I'll get you a dirty one tomorrow.

Will definitely do another. Want several in here. Looking at a couple more triggers too. The eel is very shy so far but I know he'll come around once he knows where the food comes from.

I'll get you a dirty one tomorrow.

You know just how I like em!

You know just how I like em!

This I HAVE to see :).

Dirty pics for Jack and Gena cause that's how they roll...or so I've been told...lol. I included a few Knobby rods and corky fingers for Lawn and Stella. :D

EJI3chL.jpg

UgfBAhw.jpg

77pwmQY.jpg

lnCBq8z.jpg

jdypmR8.jpg

VjbdZeR.jpg

qz01nYw.jpg

8wpwkGg.jpg

5G948tG.jpg

lcJ4Bhp.jpg

tH2PQA3.jpg

ve0hhSZ.jpg

Yes that is the eel, and yes we skipped QT with him. Kept trying to escape. Figured since he came from an established tank it was safer to put him in than find him on the floor in the morning.

Things are looking dirty as promised. Still trying to get the skimmer and gyres dialed in with the new additions. Stirred up a bunch of gunk and then fed before I took the pics. Sorry.

Dirty pics for Jack and Gena cause that's how they roll...or so I've been told...lol. I included a few Knobby rods and corky fingers for Lawn and Stella. :D

EJI3chL.jpg

UgfBAhw.jpg

77pwmQY.jpg

lnCBq8z.jpg

jdypmR8.jpg

VjbdZeR.jpg

qz01nYw.jpg

8wpwkGg.jpg

5G948tG.jpg

lcJ4Bhp.jpg

tH2PQA3.jpg

ve0hhSZ.jpg

Yes that is the eel, and yes we skipped QT with him. Kept trying to escape. Figured since he came from an established tank it was safer to put him in than find him on the floor in the morning.

Things are looking dirty as promised. Still trying to get the skimmer and gyres dialed in with the new additions. Stirred up a bunch of gunk and then fed before I took the pics. Sorry.

I wanna butt touch this aquarium. It's way bad ass dude.

The eel :wub:

Notice I said aquarium,not tank ;)

You got some great looking stuff in there.....what color is that hammer?

"Rose gold". It's sweet looking. The pic doesn't do it justice.

I wanna butt touch this aquarium. It's way bad ass dude.

The eel :wub:

Notice I said aquarium,not tank ;)

Come on out and see it in person. Just keep your butt touching to a minimum. :-D

Wish my dentist had a tank in the waiting room, then I wouldn't mind the visits!

You're not too far away. Toronto is just over 3 hours.

Come on out and see it in person. Just keep your butt touching to a minimum. :-D

Hmmmm,it do need some dental work done :lol:

Not too far, but still too far to see a dentist...even if you have a tank ;)

Archived