Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

That’s a bummer. Are you going to restart or take the whole thing down? 

2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Sorry Harry, I hope you’ll be re-starting this one back up soon. 

2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Sorry to hear @HarryPotter, this really sucks 😞 

What are you goals for a reset? Hopefully you can seed a new system with some frags from your corals that have gone out to others over the years. ❤️ 

It will be a total reset. 100% equipment sterilized with vinegar and bleach,  new rock, new live sand, etc. 

That would be nice.... I have very few original corals 😞 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

It will be a total reset. 100% equipment sterilized with vinegar and bleach,  new rock, new live sand, etc. 

That would be nice.... I have very few original corals 😞 

Damn sorry to hear about this.. was a great system and I'm sure will be again!!! 

What about the 300 is it ok??

HarryPotter
22 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Huge bummer.... What happened to the yellow eflo?

Same thing as all acros. Initially had a few bite marks, paled out and more or less died once I used flatworm medications. I could just not recover things...... dozens and dozens of water changes, live rock, carbon, EVERYTHING was ineffective. 

• Sad 3
HarryPotter
On 4/2/2020 at 2:46 PM, FISHnChix said:

Damn sorry to hear about this.. was a great system and I'm sure will be again!!! 

What about the 300 is it ok??

300 is all good. I never used the flatworm medications in that tank- instead put in like 5 wrasses which took care of it. 

• Like 5
HarryPotter

Found this many cords that could be pulled from the rats nest. 

iFDA0xP.jpg

Doing 1 rinse with RODI now, to make sure everything is out.

rMyFayX.jpg

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad to see this tank with no coral and white rock😪.. super excited to see what you do with it though!

What happened to that spinning frag tank??🤔

• Like 3
HarryPotter
On 4/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, FISHnChix said:

Sad to see this tank with no coral and white rock😪.. super excited to see what you do with it though!

What happened to that spinning frag tank??🤔

Spinning frag tank is going great! (Along with the 300g). I just unfortunately lost pretty much all the acropora frags and colonies I wanted to put on the spinning disk for testing..... wish I had more acros 😞 

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Elizabeth94

I never commented much on your thread but always admired your tank. Just beautiful. Hobby can really stink when stuff like this happens, but its cool you are restarting it.  Im sure it will be amazing once again. 

• Like 1

Harry, the evolution of your reefing skills over the years is inspiring to many. Very unfortunate with the FW, but you will rebound even greater! 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 9:54 PM, PieMan2k said:

How's the restart going?

Been lazy, it’s running just with some LPS- gold torches and green/purple hammer. After the crash I was never able to make myself really invest into corals again 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Been lazy, it’s running just with some LPS- gold torches and green/purple hammer. After the crash I was never able to make myself really invest into corals again 

euphyllia are nice corals. Just make a feature tank out of them instead of sticks. Hard to keep both together anyway, sticks and euphyllia. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
13 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

euphyllia are nice corals. Just make a feature tank out of them instead of sticks. Hard to keep both together anyway, sticks and euphyllia. 

How come they are hard to keep together? Serious question.

@HarryPotter How have you been man? Hope all is good with you. 

• Like 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350