Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Good morning young Harold. 😊

What’s up? I was a bit nervous this morning that my tank was going to have suffered after yesterday’s rough treatment. You know, removing such  a big portion of the live rock and stuff. I cut dosing back 1/3 after taking out the red monti cap and a good portion of the green tort and am watching closely. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
8 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

What’s up? I was a bit nervous this morning that my tank was going to have suffered after yesterday’s rough treatment. You know, removing such  a big portion of the live rock and stuff. I cut dosing back 1/3 after taking out the red monti cap and a good portion of the green tort and am watching closely. 

Tanks don’t like to be f@&k with. Sometimes there are no issues, sometimes they crap out and something dies. 

11 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

It looks great. I doubt you see any issues. 

19 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Tanks don’t like to be f@&k with. Sometimes there are no issues, sometimes they crap out and something dies. 

Thats why I have 50 gallons of RODI standing by for a potential 60% water change! I did mix up the sand under the rock, but the majority was very clean due to my regular mixing with a powerhead. I think the biggest risk here is an alk spike. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Thats why I have 50 gallons of RODI standing by for a potential 60% water change! I did mix up the sand under the rock, but the majority was very clean due to my regular mixing with a powerhead. 

You never know with those things. When you expect the worst, nothing happens and other times when it suppose to be a smooth sailing, it turns into a havoc. 

Smart. I usually use the same safeguard (50%WC setup) while doing something radical or stupid. 

Hope you won’t need to use it. 

And Icant wait to see what you come up with this new real estate? 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
HarryPotter
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Dang I know your busy but where's the updates on this tank and that monster 300... needing some inspiration 😎

I updated a bit on the 300g on r2r, will take some good photos soon. Tank is happy with me neglecting it 

• Like 4
HarryPotter
23 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Dang I know your busy but where's the updates on this tank and that monster 300... needing some inspiration 😎

Okay, I don’t have too much for you, but here it goes.

Crappy FTS: didn’t bother to make the photo brighter.

ygn3iJ2.jpg

Colors are probably the best I’ve had... maybe ever. Oranges and pinks in particular. 

UDY5eEF.jpg

i4wHhJs.jpg

Ill go (lazily) update the 300 gallon too 

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
6 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

ygn3iJ2.jpg

Colors are probably the best I’ve had... maybe ever. Oranges and pinks in particular. 

UDY5eEF.jpg

i4wHhJs.jpg

Stuff looks wicked.. especially love those nemes...  coraline has to go on the glass.. lazy ass lol 🤣.that's one of the things I also appreciated about your tank , how clean the back wall is.. when I first got into saltwater I loved the back covered in the shit.. now I like it when its spotless 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
HarryPotter
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Stuff looks wicked.. especially love those nemes...  coraline has to go on the glass.. lazy ass lol 🤣.that's one of the things I also appreciated about your tank , how clean the back wall is.. when I first got into saltwater I loved the back covered in the shit.. now I like it when its spotless 🤷‍♂️

I dont really understand why coralline grows on the front glass but not the back. Go figure. 

Found one more photo, from a WC:

gWcL1dp.jpg

• Like 1
mitten_reef
39 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

ygn3iJ2.jpg

UDY5eEF.jpg

i4wHhJs.jpg

those frag racks are filling up fast 😁😉

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
HarryPotter

Hey smellies. 

I did a good bit of damage at RAP. Got some amazing pieces.  Also, an update on some acros using my new IceCap filter for my iPhone. 

I traded some 3D printed Kessil Guards and PMUP stands for this incredible ASD  milli from Pirates Reef.

5pjE2si.jpg

My OP frag is now officially a small colony

b1e7tpv.jpg

Cherry bomb looking cool

lBYjl8L.jpg

Still like this dude

ZziAKAs.jpg

New from RAP and looking hot

gWnDE91.jpg

Beach bum 

69obb6B.jpg

Tank shot:

NE7xuFV.jpg

• Like 10

Looking good.  Remember when you had that big alkalinity swing and almost lost a bunch of stuff?  You sure wouldn't know it by looking at it now.  Awesome stuff.

• Like 4
HarryPotter
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Looking good.  Remember when you had that big alkalinity swing and almost lost a bunch of stuff?  You sure wouldn't by looking at it now.  Awesome stuff.

That was the closest I ever came to just being done— it’s nuts that the majority of things recovered from that. I remember even my montiporas turned white, but didn’t die.

Confession: my dad tests my alkalinity and his alkalinity every other day. He was traumatized from that event, so I trained him to use the Hanna checker. Who needs trident?!?   

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • 1 month later...
HarryPotter

Took 2 hours! Traded some printed stuff with a retailer 🙂 

Before:

2011 apex LITE, from Craigslist. 

QyGtrUb.jpg

After: 

vTGjtHL.jpg

• Like 4
tanacharison
16 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Before:

QyGtrUb.jpg

After: 

vTGjtHL.jpg

I can still see the wires.. get back to work 😆

• Like 1
mitten_reef
3 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Before:

QyGtrUb.jpg

After: 

vTGjtHL.jpg

I didn't come here to see "under-the-tank" stuff.  I wanna see in-the-tank and FTS!!!  😉

nicely organized control area...I thought you picked up the trident (I'm sure that's on the radar)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
HarryPotter
23 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

I didn't come here to see "under-the-tank" stuff.  I wanna see in-the-tank and FTS!!!  😉

nicely organized control area...I thought you picked up the trident (I'm sure that's on the radar)

I picked up one for the 300 gallon- it’s amazing. Results match Hanna and Salifert perfectly. But my dad paid for that tank; it’s “his” tank. 

My tank had the older apex, so I needed to upgrade that before I can shop for a Trident. 

• Like 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350